We have a number Zero

Buffalo_Stampede

28 minutes ago, wppete said:

Hynes surely loves the spotlight and attention, odd guy. 

It's Hines and that's not off at all. He understands that attention is what marketing is all about. Just keep it positive as possible and cash in the most you can while the window is open. These players often have short careers but deal with multiple negative effects for a lifetime. It's not worth it because of how many wins you have but because of how well you were able to utilize your talents to create real generational wealth. It's too often fans disregard that side and look down on players who try to maximize the financial side. That is very self serving of fans who aren't in the grind and only care about being entertained. 

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

It's Hines and that's not off at all. He understands that attention is what marketing is all about. Just keep it positive as possible and cash in the most you can while the window is open. These players often have short careers but deal with multiple negative effects for a lifetime. It's not worth it because of how many wins you have but because of how well you were able to utilize your talents to create real generational wealth. It's too often fans disregard that side and look down on players who try to maximize the financial side. That is very self serving of fans who aren't in the grind and only care about being entertained. 

I like how Matt Milano and Tremaine Edmunds go about their business. Low key and hard work. 

Several years ago I was given a Bills Jersey (nice real NFL quality not Chinese crap) It was given to me by a friend who managed a drug store, it was part of a Coors Lite\Molsons beer promotion. It was the display jersey & had the name Molson on the back with number 00.

39 minutes ago, MWK said:

I’d say it was for his number of rushing yards but he got -3 of those.

I would have though after his last performance vs. the Pats that he would have bought some goodwill from everyone. I guess I was wrong. Not saying he's the second coming of Bo Jackson, but I think Hines will be a decent change backup this season. And I bet he'll have a few long runs too.

I agree.  He got limited opportunities on offense last year, but he won a huge game for us with his two KR's vs. the Pats and his special teams play was solid in the other games in which he played.  I'd like to think they'll incorporate him into the offense more this season, as he was a very good player with the Colts.  He also took a pay cut to remain with the Bills.  Who cares if the guy wanted to host a music party (which was on this board a few days ago, for those that don't know what I'm referring to) during the offseason or changed his number to zero?  With Allen's arm healed and Dorsey having more time to reflect back on last season and put together a plan for the upcoming season, I think we'll see more of Hines and Cook in the short passing game.

4 hours ago, StHustle said:

How's that working out for him?  He can't even get the attention of his OC.

Also, "self serving fans" (regular working people) would not consider 56 total touches for $4 million in half a season a "grind"....

4 hours ago, wppete said:

Hynes surely loves the spotlight and attention, odd guy. 

Can you please give me some examples of why you believe that he is a spotlight  and attention seeker?

I watched most of his games at Garner HS, and NC State and never got that impression.   On the contrary,  he has always been quite humble and a well like by teammates and coaches. 

Maybe I missed something. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.