Draft longshot most likely to succeed

Kirby Jackson

Every year there are players drafted on day 3 (or undrafted) that go one to have great careers. Who is the player, projected outside of the top 100 picks, that you think is likeliest to be a good pro?

I’ll throw a name out: Rakim Jarrett, WR Maryland

He was a highly recruited player with great physical tools. His technical skills are lacking but if he gets “coached up” you’ll have something imo.

• Like (+1) 1

I like Jarrett as well, but he really needs to be schemed open because he’s never going to fool anyone with the routes he runs 

I’ll go with Drake Taylor. LB NC St. 

short with short arms.  I see why people don’t like him very much, but when I watch the tape-  he’s a downhill demon

I hope we roll the dice on him in rd 6 if he’s there. 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I like Jarrett as well, but he really needs to be schemed open because he’s never going to fool anyone with the routes he runs 

I’ll go with Drake Taylor. LB NC St. 

short with short arms.  I see why people don’t like him very much, but when I watch the tape-  he’s a forward playing demon

I hope we roll the dice on him in rd 6 if he’s there. 

You mean we can get another LB not named Jack Campbell?!  Someone better start a thread on this and let everyone know!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Every year there are players drafted on day 3 (or undrafted) that go one to have great careers. Who is the player, projected outside of the top 100 picks, that you think is likeliest to be a good pro?

I’ll throw a name out: Rakim Jarrett, WR Maryland

He was a highly recruited player with great physical tools. His technical skills are lacking but if he gets “coached up” you’ll have something imo.

Diggs would surely love a Maryland buddy

13 hours ago, Dr. Who said:

I think Stetson Bennett has a pretty good chance to stick as a backup qb.

I don’t know why people are so down on Bennett…I assume it’s partly because of his age, but plenty of people like Hooker, and he’s just as old.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, mannc said:

I don’t know why people are so down on Bennett…I assume it’s partly because of his age, but plenty of people like Hooker, and he’s just as old.

It’s also because he’s 5’10

he has a lot of cheap upside as a Developmental QB3 in the 6th or 7th… but his physical gifts are very very low

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.