Bills hosted RB Latavious Murray

NewEra

Tay played for Onondaga Central High School and went to UCF for college. He wanted to sign with the Bills last year but Duke Johnson happened. He’s trying to establish some things in the Syracuse community and Buffalo would be a good fit to return to his home area before retirement. He also got along with Russell Wilson, so he’s a good team-first guy. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, WotAGuy said:

Tay played for Onondaga Central High School and went to UCF for college. He wanted to sign with the Bills last year but Duke Johnson happened. He’s trying to establish some things in the Syracuse community and Buffalo would be a good fit to return to his home area before retirement. He also got along with Russell Wilson, so he’s a good team-first guy. 

you were doing amazing until the last line😆

Murray >>>> Duke Johnson

Sign the man! 

18 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

You may be right, but he's got more tread left than the typical 33 year old, being a backup type guy most of his career.  

I saw Murray a few times last year with the Broncos.  He looked fresh.

Definitely has more tread than average. Could be a boon down the stretch if Harris goes down. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I hope this is all signaling Dorsey wanting to be very unpredictable. If we can be versatile on offense with many different looks and personel…. that would be ideal.

Might also indicate Dorsey having a desire to shift to 12 personnel and more focus on the run. IIRC, he played with Shockey, Winslow II, Gore, Portis, McGahee, Roscoe Parish, and Andre Johnson. I wouldn’t be surprised to see any of those type of players added to the roster. 

• Like (+1) 1

Believe it or not, Latavius Murray ran a 4.38 40 at his pro day.  He had some wheels for a big guy.  The odds are he's lost some of that speed over his career, but he's got some wheels and some power.  He has 5600 career yards so there's every reason to believe he could do more than Taiwan Jones was ever asked to do on offense. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I hope this is all signaling Dorsey wanting to be very unpredictable. If we can be versatile on offense with many different looks and personel…. that would be ideal.

No.  My guess is they just need a veteran replacement for Duke Johnson to ride the practice squad until there's an injury.  We've been pretty lucky with the lack of RB injuries now that I think of it.  We'll find out if Murray is willing to accept that role at this stage in his career.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I mean, we do need someone for that Matt Breida/TJ Yeldon break glass in case of emergency role.

McDermott has only ever dressed 3 RB's on Game Day, 1 of which was a Special Teamer. James Cook, Damien Harris, and Nyheim Hines will all dress (and Hines will provide more on offense than Taiwan Jones and Senorise Perry offered).

So we do need a 4th guy on the roster who won't dress unless there's an injury. That said, I expected and prefer a 5th or 6th Rounder instead. Someone you could strike Gold on.

They bring 90 to camp.   Signing him would be signing a productive, physical, veteran player.   They could still draft a guy in the mid-later rounds.   Beane and McDermott are all about competition.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.