The Walls be Closing

Kemp

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

the funny part is the same thing holds true for Biden and like 81 millions of you did something.

When was Biden told he could no longer participate in charities because he stole from them?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

The Republicans under Trump tripled the national deficit. 

yes, something about a world wide shut down..

has nothing to do with the economy sucking for people outside the investor class right now, while the media says record unemployment. 

lol

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

yes, something about a world wide shut down..

has nothing to do with the economy sucking for people outside the investor class right now, while the media says record unemployment. 

lol

You neglected the part about millionaires and billionaires getting enormous tax breaks while corporations greatly raised their prices, claiming they had to to, to survive. Yet somehow, these same corporations turned record profits.

Corporate plundering is worse than ever before.

Guess Trump, Tucker, and MTG didn't tell you about that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

51 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You neglected the part about millionaires and billionaires getting enormous tax breaks while corporations greatly raised their prices, claiming they had to to, to survive. Yet somehow, these same corporations turned record profits.

What companies had these record profits?

and you get a public corp has one goal, increase profits quarter after quarter. for the shareholders.  that's just basic.

But I guess this new way of direct stimulus to the corporations that funded bidens 5-billion-dollar election. (and the PACS that did the dems ground game) is even better for them.  And I remember my tax bill was low, like the rest of the working class. 

Now we get told this crap economy that only funds the investor class and above, is roses.

12 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

trump was the single worst president I’ve seen in my lifetime by a mile.

I can’t believe idiots fell for that clown. He was a joke since the 80s

Joke has him beat.  Corrupt, incompetent and senile.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

What companies had these record profits?

and you get a public corp has one goal, increase profits quarter after quarter. for the shareholders.  that's just basic.

But I guess this new way of direct stimulus to the corporations that funded bidens 5-billion-dollar election. (and the PACS that did the dems ground game) is even better for them.  And I remember my tax bill was low, like the rest of the working class. 

Now we get told this crap economy that only funds the investor class and above, is roses.

Chevron, Starbucks, McDonalds, Walmart, etc. 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/27/investing/chevron-record-earnings/index.html#:~:text=Chevron reported a record full,record profit set in 2011.

• Dislike 1

13 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

We were told that during the reality TV guy's brief reign as well

yeah, that economy was working for every quintile. 

No, the media spent all the time with the blue anon investigations.

you remember, all the ones that fell apart.

9 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Biden is a below average president but he destroyed trump by 8 million+ votes because every one that wasn't a sad middle aged man recognized just how sh*tty trump was

No they did it because they thought that Joke could "shut down the virus" like he promised he would do.  

• Agree 2

Just now, SUNY_amherst said:

well trump botched the virus response that is for sure

You sure you want to go down that path, considering there were more deaths under Joke in the same time period, despite "listening to the science," reforming the pandemic response team and having vaccines and treatments that weren't there under Trump?

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Doc said:

You sure you want to go down that path, considering there were more deaths under Joke in the same time period, despite "listening to the science," reforming the pandemic response team and having vaccines and treatments that weren't there under Trump?

You mean during the time when belligerent idiots decided that horse dewormer was a viable treatment option?

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I wish I was only 15. I'm old though, Ive been banging your mom for that long

You would have been banging an 80 year old.  she died in 2021 at 95. I was trudging across the fields (now parking lots) of UB probably before you were born (the day before the Blizzard of '77).

• Like (+1) 2

37 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

You mean during the time when belligerent idiots decided that horse dewormer was a viable treatment option?

Well, it might have been just as effective as the "vaccine". IOW, zero.  

Could have used it to see if it worked.  Millions upon Millions have been given Invermectin around the world without  side effects.

• Like (+1) 2

50 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

uhhh no, I don’t want to get into a virus discussion.

Thank God we don’t have a reality tv host leading us through that nightmare anymore

LOL!  Because Joke's done such a great job.

45 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

The "horse dewormer" was under Joke.  You'd be best-served staying out of this discussion.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Well, it might have been just as effective as the "vaccine". IOW, zero.  

Could have used it to see if it worked.  Millions upon Millions have been given Invermectin around the world without  side effects.

For heartworms, yes. 

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  Because Joke's done such a great job.

The "horse dewormer" was under Joke.  You'd be best-served staying out of this discussion.

Which happened because conservatives threw a temper tantrum and decided they were going to ignore the vaccine Trump developed and suntan their balls and inject bleach. 

Dying from covid to own da libs!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 3

1 hour ago, Doc said:

You do realize Trump reign of terror came to an end 11 months after Trump publicly acknowledged the virus?

So, Biden having more deaths is due to the fact that it has impacted his ENTIRE tenure - coupled by the fact that your cult has been pissing all over ANY and EVERY mitigation effort - makes NO f'n sense.

22 minutes ago, Doc said:

Pathetic - who was pushing all these pathetic alternative solutions? 

Same nutjobs who promoted hydroxychloroquine that the cult (look back and see Ann and DR defending this group left and right:

_113667964_whitecoats.png.webp

4 hours ago, Kemp said:

Bush didn't try to end democracy and Trump is still trying. Can't imagine anything worse than that.

If Trump did. It still has yet to be proven. I'll gladly take 5 Americans dead and nasty tweets  over 7,000+ dead Americans and 1,000,000+ dead brown people all day long and twice on Sunday.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, BillStime said:

You do realize Trump reign of terror came to an end 11 months after Trump publicly acknowledged the virus?

So, Biden having more deaths is due to the fact that it has impacted his ENTIRE tenure - coupled by the fact that your cult has been pissing all over ANY and EVERY mitigation effort - makes NO f'n sense.

Pathetic - who was pushing all these pathetic alternative solutions? 

Same nutjobs who promoted hydroxychloroquine that the cult (look back and see Ann and DR defending this group left and right:

_113667964_whitecoats.png.webp

I've said it before and I'll say it here, and again if necessary.  Hydroxychloroquine is an effective and safe anti-inflammatory.  It comprises about 25% of all prescriptions written by physicians and filled by pharmacies in the US for that indication.  The thinking around potential use of the medication for COVID was sound.  The virus causes inflammation and HCL is a known, effective, cheap, plentiful anti-inflammatory.  How well it worked was the question.  The liars are the people saying its unsafe.  Inflammation patients, such as those with arthritis, are not dropping dead by the 1000's every month from Hydroxychloroquine.  Unsafe, debunked by medial evidence.  How do I know this?  I work in health care analytics and one of the markets I'm responsible for is the inflammation market. 

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I've said it before and I'll say it here, and again if necessary.  Hydroxychloroquine is an effective and safe anti-inflammatory.  It comprises about 25% of all prescriptions written by physicians and filled by pharmacies in the US for that indication.  The thinking around potential use of the medication for COVID was sound.  The virus causes inflammation and HCL is a known, effective, cheap, plentiful anti-inflammatory.  How well it worked was the question.  The liars are the people saying its unsafe.    

Stop lying and buy the Pfizer anti-viral for therapy. 

Hydroxychloroquine has been demonstrated to be effective at impairing viral replication. The mechanism of action has been thought to be the prevention of viral binding to the angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE-2) receptor by the inhibition of terminal glycosylation.

• Thank you (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Kemp said:

I’ve stayed away from the political side of TSW for a bit, but I notice you’re all still here screaming at each other. I however felt the need to correct you on this widely shared misconception. I’ve mentioned this many times before as I’m actually impacted by it:

Personal Tax Rates:

Under Obama, during the Great Recession, high income earners were asked to contribute more because of the dire economic conditions at the time. So the top personal tax rate was raised. I paid it. Under Trump, with the Great Recession behind us, the top rate was essentially put back to where it had been when Obama took office. Seems pretty logical to me. But calling that a ‘tax cut’ is utterly ludicrous!

Corporate Taxes:

A corporation doesn’t have a secret basement in which they can hide cash away. At least not for very long anyway. They either pay corporate tax, or distribute profits to owners through bonuses, etc who then in fact pay a HIGHER tax rate on that money as personal income. The corporation can delay, or write off, those corporate taxes on a year by year basis depending on the accounting method they use but sooner or later they’re going to either pay the tax or distribute the profits…which are then, yep, taxed! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Roundybout said:

The Republicans under Trump tripled the national deficit. 

The economy was great and people were working. Inflation was low and each economic group saw their fortunes improve. There was no war, as he said there wouldn’t be. He said there would be within a year if a Dem was elected and he was pretty much spot on. The Dems have been on a money printing binge since taking over. They’ve destroyed domestic energy production and are quietly watching the world switch from the US dollar as the default currency. This will pretty much destroy the middle class. America last… great job Democrat party . Bravo! 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Which happened because conservatives threw a temper tantrum and decided they were going to ignore the vaccine Trump developed and suntan their balls and inject bleach. 

Dying from covid to own da libs!

Many blacks also refused the vaccine.  In part because Kammy said she wouldn't trust a vaccine developed under Trump. 

48 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I've said it before and I'll say it here, and again if necessary.  Hydroxychloroquine is an effective and safe anti-inflammatory.  It comprises about 25% of all prescriptions written by physicians and filled by pharmacies in the US for that indication.  The thinking around potential use of the medication for COVID was sound.  The virus causes inflammation and HCL is a known, effective, cheap, plentiful anti-inflammatory.  How well it worked was the question.  The liars are the people saying its unsafe.  Inflammation patients, such as those with arthritis, are not dropping dead by the 1000's every month from Hydroxychloroquine.  Unsafe, debunked by medial evidence.  How do I know this?  I work in health care analytics and one of the markets I'm responsible for is the inflammation market. 

They lied about it being dangerous because they didn't want anyone to use it, get better and give Trump a victory.  That's the only conclusion that can be drawn from them lying about a safe drug that had been around for decades and which tens of millions of people were on daily for one reason or another.  ***** those liars.

Edited by Doc
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Biden is a below average president but he destroyed trump by 8 million+ votes because every one that wasn't a sad middle aged man recognized just how sh*tty trump was

By 8 million halfwits in NY and CAL which are guaranteed in the blue column anyway ? Doesn’t matter and who cares?  That’s just not how Presidential elections work , thank goodness. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Doc said:

In part because Kammy said she wouldn't trust a vaccine developed under Trump. 

They lied about it being dangerous because they didn't want anyone to use it, get better and give Trump a victory.  That's the only conclusion that can be drawn from them lying about a safe drug that had been around for decades and which tens of millions of people were on daily for one reason or another.  ***** those liars.

An incredibly dumb and short-sighted comment. 

Please explain how an anti-fungal drug fights a virus? I'll wait. 

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

The economy was great and people were working. Inflation was low and each economic group saw their fortunes improve. There was no war, as he said there wouldn’t be. He said there would be within a year if a Dem was elected and he was pretty much spot on. The Dems have been on a money printing binge since taking over. They’ve destroyed domestic energy production and are quietly watching the world switch from the US dollar as the default currency. This will pretty much destroy the middle class. America last… great job Democrat party . Bravo! 

Trump wanted to isolate us from the global economy, push away our peers, and effectively destroy every international relationship we have, which is why we are so powerful. 

Yea no ***** there was no war, he's Putin's best buddy. Putin didn't have to do anything; he could just let Trump destroy NATO. 

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

Hydroxychloroquine has been demonstrated to be effective at impairing viral replication. The mechanism of action has been thought to be the prevention of viral binding to the angiotensin converting enzyme 2 (ACE-2) receptor by the inhibition of terminal glycosylation.

WHO does not recommend hydroxychloroquine to prevent COVID-19. This recommendation is based on findings from 6 trials, with more than 6000 participants, who did not have COVID-19 and received hydroxychloroquine. Using hydroxychloroquine for prevention had little or no effect on preventing illness, hospitalization or death from COVID-19. Taking hydroxychloroquine to prevent COVID-19 may increase the risk of diarrhoea, nausea, abdominal pain, drowsiness and headache. More information can be found here. 

Hydroxychloroquine is used to treat autoimmune diseases including arthritis. While considered generally safe, several adverse events are associated with its use, and it should only be used under medical supervision.

https://www.who.int/news-room/questions-and-answers/item/coronavirus-disease-(covid-19)-hydroxychloroquine

49 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

An incredibly dumb and short-sighted comment. 

Please explain how an anti-fungal drug fights a virus? I'll wait.

Yes, I agree it was an incredibly dumb and short-sighted comment by Kammy.

I never touted ivermectin.  Just saying that gained traction well after Trump left office.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Who?  Black people who refused to get the vaccine?

No, I think most, or certainly the loudest, were maga swine.  I was arguing with a kunt the other day still advocating ivermectin away as if it's proven.  She had a lot more followers listening than I.  Aside from the whole sex/trans debate thing your party really does not like science. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Sure, why not just give everyone aspirin or zantac for covid?  Proven very safe over decades but do nothing for covid.  btw, ivermectin is an anti parasitic.  and it doesn't work for covid..  you and the chorus here supported every wacky of the wall "treatment" for Covid and didn't stop even after the science was clear.  Still wondering why?  best guess:  you all wanted to minimize the seriousness of the pandemic, were against the vac (based on "freedom") and still are.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Sure, why not just give everyone aspirin or zantac for covid?  Proven very safe over decades but do nothing for covid.  btw, ivermectin is an anti parasitic.  and it doesn't work for covid..  you and the chorus here supported every wacky of the wall "treatment" for Covid and didn't stop even after the science was clear.  Still wondering why?  best guess:  you all wanted to minimize the seriousness of the pandemic, were against the vac (based on "freedom") and still are.

Hey Hawk, looks like your phone/computer is doing the same as mine a few weeks back. It keeps repeating the same response. I think it happens if you’re trying to push submit while others are responding. 

Edited by SoCal Deek
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Chris farley said:

HCQ doesn't work against Covid.  Proven beyond doubt now.  Lots of drugs inhibit ACE or ACE 2, including, strangely enough, an entire category of drugs called ACE inhibitors.  None were shown effective in Covid.  A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hey Hawk, looks like your phone/computer is doing the same as mine a few weeks back. It keeps repeating the same response. I think it happens if you’re trying to push submit while others are responding. 

could be or that my computer is broken.  Big black bar down the screen...waiting on a new one to be delivered.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yes, I agree it was an incredibly dumb and short-sighted comment by Kammy.

I never touted ivermectin.  Just saying that gained traction well after Trump left office.

Im agreeing with you, she was a moron to say that. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

could be or that my computer is broken.  Big black bar down the screen...waiting on a new one to be delivered.

Ya see? I told you the other day…ya need to step away once in a while. Now you went and broke your computer! 😂

• Like (+1) 2

18 minutes ago, L Ron Burgundy said:

No, I think most, or certainly the loudest, were maga swine.  I was arguing with a kunt the other day still advocating ivermectin away as if it's proven.  She had a lot more followers listening than I.  Aside from the whole sex/trans debate thing your party really does not like science. 

Shocking, considering your news sources. :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Yeah and you bought masks and 6 feet of distance and remdesivir.  All of which have zero science behind them (and in remdesivir's case, dangerous and very expensive).  And you no doubt told everyone you knew that HCQ was dangerous (even though you should have known better) because you didn't want Trump to get a win.  So spare me. 

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Im agreeing with you, she was a moron to say that. 

And how much damage do you think she did with that statement?  All because of politics because she knew the vaccines were coming out soon and didn't want Trump to get a political win if they came out prior to the election.

37 minutes ago, Doc said:

Yeah and you bought masks and 6 feet of distance and remdesivir.  All of which have zero science behind them (and in remdesivir's case, dangerous and very expensive).  And you no doubt told everyone you knew that HCQ was dangerous (even though you should have known better) because you didn't want Trump to get a win.  So spare me. 

far from zero.  Actually quite a great deal:  https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2119266119

I didn't tell people HCQ was dangerous.  I did tell them that the evidence was weak, from the start.

I didn't consider trump in my decisions.  I only considered risks, benefits and science that would help save lives.  You know like real doctors do.

re social distancing, the results are much more difficult to collate (because of the high number of variables involved) yet the conclusion of most authors including these, is that it helps especially in certain circumstances.  Skip right to conclusions as I suspect you won't understand the methods and data:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8638209/

Edited by redtail hawk

56 minutes ago, Doc said:

And how much damage do you think she did with that statement?  All because of politics because she knew the vaccines were coming out soon and didn't want Trump to get a political win if they came out prior to the election.

Do you think it would have helped had trump robustly pushed the vax and taken his shots on TV, did public service announcements supporting vax?  How about just not undermining the credibility of CDC, NIH, FDA, WHO and science in general.

Edited by redtail hawk

58 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

far from zero.  Actually quite a great deal:  https://www.pnas.org/doi/10.1073/pnas.2119266119

I didn't tell people HCQ was dangerous.  I did tell them that the evidence was weak, from the start.

I didn't consider trump in my decisions.  I only considered risks, benefits and science that would help save lives.  You know like real doctors do.

re social distancing, the results are much more difficult to collate (because of the high number of variables involved) yet the conclusion of most authors including these, is that it helps especially in certain circumstances.  Skip right to conclusions as I suspect you won't understand the methods and data:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8638209/

Yes, zero science.  Even Teflon Tony admitted they were useless at the outset.  And then this: https://www.cochranelibrary.com/cdsr/doi/10.1002/14651858.CD006207.pub6/full

Sure you didn't consider Trump.  You just considered the "danger" of HCQ, while telling your patients to adjust their masks and move a little further away from you.

And "real doctors" my ass.  Again, beyond masking and 6 feet, tell me what they said about remdesivir again, while pooh-poohing HCQ?  It would have been comical if it weren't so shameful.

51 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Do you think it would have helped had trump robustly pushed the vax and taken his shots on TV, did public service announcements supporting vax?  How about just not undermining the credibility of CDC, NIH, FDA, WHO and science in general.

Nope.  The people that didn't want to take the vaccine weren't going to take it no matter what he did.  Obviously they knew he was instrumental in getting the vaccines to the public as fast as they did and was touting them prior to their release.  Believe me, I've talked to many of them and asked them that same question. 

But again, there was no vaccine for the vast majority of time under Trump.  And yet as many deaths under Joke with a vaccine.  Wuhan virus was going to ravage the US no matter who was President in 2020.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1