The Walls be Closing

Kemp

The Walls Are (Once Again) 'Closing in' on Trump

by Joe Cunningham

It would appear that there was a bit of news yesterday, and there is something of a divide in the legal pundit community as to whether or not Alvin Bragg is able to pull off his grand caper – stealing a conviction through an Ocean’s 11-style legal plot.

Most legal pundits on the right are arguing that the case is anything but solid. In fact, you’d be hard-pressed to find even the most Trump-skeptical of center-right pundits arguing that this case is on solid ground. At National Review, you have Dan McLaughlin, Jeff Blehar, and Andrew McCarthy (among others) having their previous analyses of the case pretty much proven by the unsealed indictment and statement of facts. McCarthy’s write-up in the aftermath of the arraignment is just brutal.

Even on the left, you have legal analysts like Ian Millhiser at Vox saying the case is weak 

But the press, after its initial disappointment, is slowly getting back on board the “Walls Are Closing In” narrative as Trump prepares not just for this legal battle, but the multitude of others he faces. POLITICO’s Morning Playbook is a stellar example of this, starting with the headline “Trump’s criminal reckoning begins” and working from there.

(as Nedboy's post shows)

But those other investigations are where the press will go next, using Bragg’s indictment of Trump as the launchpad to say that all of Trump’s legal issues are really going to start rolling in. And while, on a technical level, that is not an incorrect assessment, it’s still done to craft a narrative that the walls are, indeed, closing in on Trump, despite the fact that we are still a long way away from the walls even budging.

That narrative-crafting undermines the reality of the situation as much as Bragg has because those same journalists are creating an expectation that, any moment now, the Feds will haul Trump off and he’ll never be a threat to any of us ever again.

https://redstate.com/joesquire/2023/04/05/the-walls-are-once-again-closing-in-on-trump-n726776

34 minutes ago, B-Man said:

That narrative-crafting undermines the reality of the situation as much as Bragg has because those same journalists are creating an expectation that, any moment now, the Feds will haul Trump off and he’ll never be a threat to any of us ever again.

https://redstate.com/joesquire/2023/04/05/the-walls-are-once-again-closing-in-on-trump-n726776

I’m still waiting for a leftist to explain what that fascist threat of Trump was.  

His Tweets.  That’s the actual answer.  His tweets.   

20 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I’m still waiting for a leftist to explain what that fascist threat of Trump was.  

His Tweets.  That’s the actual answer.  His tweets.   

You probably missed his trying to overthrow the government. Can't get more fascist than that.

It was an easy story to miss, if you're blind and deaf.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Kemp said:

You probably missed his trying to overthrow the government. Can't get more fascist than that.

Hell he called the election he won rigged, you know just in case.

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Or you were told that’s what happened and have an IQ under 65.  

To the rest of us, that was a protest where 200 people were allowed a tour of the Capital.  

Keep being a good useful idiot and parrot the narrative you need your fellow 65 IQ to follow.  

The rest of us also saw the Government officially overthrown and it’s Republic thrown out the window in March 2020.  In other words, the MAGA “fascist” posed zero threat to America. 

87 genders party on the other hand?   Yea.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

"HE TOLD THEM TO OVERTHROW THE GOVERNMENT!"  Except nowhere did he ever say that.  And if he had, he probably would have told them to bring weapons, if not F-15s and nukes, which is what it would take to overthrown even Ukraine's government.  Oh and he probably would have told them to make sure they stayed and finished the job, not leave before dinner rezzies.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

To the rest of us, that was a protest where 200 people were allowed a tour of the Capital.  

Keep being a good useful idiot and parrot the narrative you need your fellow 65 IQ to follow.  

The rest of us also saw the Government officially overthrown and it’s Republic thrown out the window in March 2020.  In other words, the MAGA “fascist” posed zero threat to America. 

Why did so many people get injured and killed? 

Quite the tour

af.thumb.JPG.68cdf6aa8e6275d8897957a85cb07b92.JPGsdf.thumb.JPG.402c9abe192de31083e74bf903da8681.JPGimage.thumb.jpeg.b1a826db1836357459ef12fa8db5f30b.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Blitz said:

You said killed - who was killed, by who, and how?  

And where is the Nashville Manifesto 

Doesn't matter - people died that day... how many?

And I don't control the Manifesto - ask your Daddy.

30 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Doesn't matter - people died that day... how many?

Doesn’t matter???

Who????

30 minutes ago, BillStime said:

And I don't control the Manifesto - ask your Daddy.

Your daddy, the State?

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Doesn’t matter???

Who????

You told us:

1 hour ago, Big Blitz said:

that was a protest where 200 people were allowed a tour of the Capital.  

If they were "allowed" to tour the Capital; why did so many people get injured, die and killed that day?

Are you having a hard time keeping focus?

Are you going to bring up COVID now to distract even more?

C'mon Big BLITZ

17 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

What's scary is that people like you actually exist.

It's hard to take someone seriously if they say 1/6 was a tourist event. When you vacation, you bring poles to break into buildings and build a gallows?

Wonder how you'd react if they were breaking into your house. You'd welcome them in, right?

Who cares if they wipe their shiite on your walls. Maybe you're into that.

Only people who aren't secure in their gender are so terrified of the gender stuff.

Are you a Proud Boy?

Yeah, I'm the one with an IQ deficit.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Damn, don’t be insurrectionists then. FAAFO

Try to break into a government building to stop an election from being ratified and you may run into some problems.

Shocking.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 hours ago, BillStime said:

How many people died that day?

Lying or even occasionally telling half truths are their only debate weapons.  The facts aren't on their sides and definitely not the intellects.  And btw, they absolutely know they're lying.  Sartre had these ass hats down decades ago.  But we can keep playing by the rules and still beat the cheaters.  pathetic.

Edited by redtail hawk

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Big Blitz touring the Capitol.

Hanging with Proud Boy Big Blitz.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9127265/Shocking-moment-bleeding-Capitol-Police-cop-CRUSHED-MAGA-mob.html

tourism.jpg

Cool.  

8 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

And you're the one with a morality/ethics deficit, not that everyone doesn't already know that

K

53 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Lying or even occasionally telling half truths are their only debate weapons.  The facts aren't on their sides and definitely not the intellects.  And btw, they absolutely know they're lying.  Sartre had these ass hats down decades ago.  But we can keep playing by the rules and still beat the cheaters.  pathetic.

Yep - they know. They know they are on the wrong side of history.

Just look at the RED WAVE

44 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

I was probably home since for some reason we were all locked up, schools closed, in masks, and 6 feet apart.  

Awesome times!!!

I wasn't locked up. You weren't locked up. No one was locked up.

You just lacked the courage to back up your words and be with your people.

You're a chicken hawk, like your cult leader..

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Yep - they know. They know they are on the wrong side of history.

Just look at the RED WAVE

The wave crashed again in Wisconsin the other day.

How many elections in a row before the nitwits figure out they're losing control with the fascist, paranoid Trump leading them? 

Soon, they'll only have control of Red State legislatures, and that only because of gerrymandering.

It's really going to be crazy when the federal indictments come.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

The wave crashed again in Wisconsin the other day.

How many elections in a row before the nitwits figure out they're losing control with the fascist, paranoid Trump leading them? 

Soon, they'll only have control of Red State legislatures, and that only because of gerrymandering.

It's really going to be crazy when the federal indictments come.

I hope it's a long time and given their stupidity, it likely will be.  And then they'll find another fascist to worship

3 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

Cool.  

K

uh huh.  Burn it all down cuz you personally are losing.  loser.

Edited by redtail hawk

19 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I hope it's a long time and given their stupidity, it likely will be.  And then they'll find another fascist to worship

uh huh.  Burn it all down cuz you personally are losing.  loser.

Hawk? Your posts are getting nastier with each passing day. What happened? Is it possible this place has done it to you, or were you like this before and it’s just now coming out? This is just about the time when I recommend people to take a break from this Board.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Hawk? Your posts are getting nastier with each passing day. What happened? Is it possible this place has done it to you, or were you like this before and it’s just now coming out? This is just about the time when I recommend people to take a break from this Board.

Been to two funerals in the last two days of amazing people.  When I look at the thought of posters here in comparison, it makes me angry and sad for the world.  A son of one of the deceased said today that this persons board and committee positions will likely go unfilled for a long time as Gen x and younger volunteer at a low level.  Sports umpires or coaches for example.  And then I see the fascists here and hope to God they never coach youth sports

Edited by redtail hawk

Just now, redtail hawk said:

Been to two funerals in the last two days of amazing people.  When I look at the thought of posters here in comparison, it makes me angry and sad for the world.  A sono f the deceased said today that this persons board and committee positions will lukely go unfilled for a long time as Gen x and younger volunteer at a low level.  Sports umpires or coaches for example.  And then I see the fascists here and hope to God they never coach youth sports

Sorry for your loss. But that being said this isn’t a death match! It’s a place to come and talk about trivial political happenings. If I might suggest, you can disagree with people without the sort of vitriol that’s so often displayed here. 

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Inflation guilt - they also see their own bills and publicly are like “F Trump people” but are privately like “what the F have we done.”

They know it.   

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Sorry for your loss. But that being said this isn’t a death match! It’s a place to come and talk about trivial political happenings. If I might suggest, you can disagree with people without the sort of vitriol that’s so often displayed here. 

vitriol? you're kidding right.  There are actual nazi's and white supremacists here and you're worried about their delicate sensibilities?  Cuz I'm not.  At all.

15 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Inflation guilt - they also see their own bills and publicly are like “F Trump people” but are privately like “what the F have we done.”

They know it.   

keep projecting dude.  It's about the only thing I can see that you're any good at.

Edited by redtail hawk

18 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

They know it.   

It's pretty amusing that you believe those of us who say we don't like Trump, in private wish he had won.

Are you a member of Oath Keepers or a similar organization?

You seem to share their exact attitude. If not, why not?

Look!  It's tourism!

tourism.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kemp said:

It's pretty amusing that you believe those of us who say we don't like Trump, in private wish he had won.

Are you a member of Oath Keepers or a similar organization?

You seem to share their exact attitude. If not, why not?

Look!  It's tourism!

tourism.jpg

@Big Blitz  is it your belief that this pic is fake.  If not, do you support this act?  Would you have been OK being part of it or even proud?