The Walls be Closing

Kemp

4 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Most notably there's a purple giraffe, I'm sorry I thought we were just saying random ***** without actually adding anything to what we were saying, his son what you didn't connect that to anything. They found more documents and turned them in when they found them and then turned over the process of searching, there's no apparent evidence that they knowingly still had those documents. Trump is in trouble for knowing he still had them and not turning them in lying about it and obstructing. That's ***** difference.

If he had turned over everything in November, you might have a point instead of throwing ***** against a wall and seeing what sticks.  He didn't.  "I don't know" isn't a valid excuse, especially when classified documents are lying around in a garage for anyone to get access, which is the most serious issue he has.

But as I said, press the issue.  Please.  But don't whine when the R's impeach him in the future.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

If he had turned over everything in November, you might have a point instead of throwing ***** against a wall and seeing what sticks.  He didn't.  "I don't know" isn't a valid excuse, especially when classified documents are lying around in a garage for anyone to get access, which is the most serious issue he has.

But as I said, press the issue.  Please.  But don't whine when the R's impeach him in the future.

Your insistence on getting the facts and the law wrong is impressive. No matter how many times it’s explained to you, you continue to ignore reality and repeat the same wrong and/or irrelevant points.

Biden, Pence, and Hillary cooperated with law enforcement. Trump obstructed law enforcement. That’s it. That’s the difference. That’s why Trump will be charged and Biden won’t. Just like Hillary wasn’t. Just like Pence won’t be either. 

And I don’t know how many times you have to be told that the GOP reaction is irrelevant, but I’ll say it again: what the GOP does in retaliation for the law being enforced is irrelevant. 

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Eyeroll 1

Its funny how Some in here just keep ignoring the fact Bidens first docs were found at his office in the Biden penn center. that opened in 2018. 

And usually when someone is charged with that crime, is when they catch them trying to transfer said docs/info once they think they have them.

8 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Its funny how Some in here just keep ignoring the fact Bidens first docs were found at his office in the Biden penn center. that opened in 2018. 

And usually when someone is charged with that crime, is when they catch them trying to transfer said docs/info once they think they have them.

Not ignoring it. Just trying to explain how the law and evidence and defense works. Obviously a Sisyphean task though. 

Can you explain to me how, given what is publicly known, a prosecutor would argue that Biden personally knew he had those documents, what the expected defense response would be, and how that would turn out?

Because until there is evidence that Biden himself personally handled documents that were clearly marked classified, any half decent defense attorney would get him acquitted. 

• Eyeroll 1

16 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

You mean the documents that we only know about because Biden went through the correct process of notifying the authorities and turning them in.....you think he didn't cover his legal bases on those?

14 hours ago, Doc said:

I'll wait to see what the verdict is.  Again a GJ can indict a ham sandwich but the ham sandwich isn't always found guilty.

at this point you cant blame them.  the base just keeps eating it up, then accepting the conspiracy theory for acquittal/fact check

39 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

You mean the documents that we only know about because Biden went through the correct process of notifying the authorities and turning them in.....you think he didn't cover his legal bases on those?

Biden was done in 2016.  At that point he had no clearance to have them.  that office opened in 2018.  How did they get there.

and it wasn't reported till February.

I find it funny people are even talking about this as its so effing common anymore.

But If I said certain things on this message board, its at least 10 years and 250K dollar fine.  

Edited by Chris farley

7 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

at this point you cant blame them.  the base just keeps eating it up, then accepting the conspiracy theory for acquittal/fact check

Biden was done in 2016.  At that point he had no clearance to have them.  that office opened in 2018.  How did they get there.

and it wasn't reported till February.

I find it funny people are even talking about this as its so effing common anymore.

But If I said certain things on this message board, its at least 10 years and 250K dollar fine.  

I don’t understand people’s insistence on confusing notifying the public with notifying law enforcement. 

Criticize Biden for not notifying the public right away. That’s totally fine and justified!

But stop pretending that he hid this from law enforcement when they notified them within a day. 

Edited by ChiGoose
  • Eyeroll 1

47 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Not ignoring it. Just trying to explain how the law and evidence and defense works. Obviously a Sisyphean task though. 

Can you explain to me how, given what is publicly known, a prosecutor would argue that Biden personally knew he had those documents, what the expected defense response would be, and how that would turn out?

Because until there is evidence that Biden himself personally handled documents that were clearly marked classified, any half decent defense attorney would get him acquitted. 

you never dealt in classified at any level?  

as of 2016, he couldn't touch or read them.  but they got in that office. 

No, But its sure worth finding out about. were they some dumb classification. like the folder or header.  or was it something real. and if real, who else could have gotten to them. same with trump or bidens crap in the basement of the house he rented to his crack head son.

you either investigate and find out the details. or its seen as cherry picking or impartial.

Cause the real issue would be any of it being transferred while out of control and what the info is.  

Crap can be classified today, and next week be common knowledge.

Just now, ChiGoose said:

I don’t understand people’s insistence on confusing notifying the public with notifying law enforcement. 

Criticize Biden for not notifying the public right away. That’s totally fine and justified!

But stop pretending that he hid this from law enforcement when they notified them within a day. 

You didnt even put it as a line item in your summary a few pages back.

thats all side BS stories created by the media.

loss of classified documents is all the same code.  

are your implying trump is obstructing or some other charge higher charge?

2 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

No, But its sure worth finding out about. were they some dumb classification. like the folder or header.  or was it something real. and if real, who else could have gotten to them. same with trump or bidens crap in the basement of the house he rented to his crack head son.

you either investigate and find out the details. or its seen as cherry picking or impartial.

Cause the real issue would be any of it being transferred while out of control and what the info is.  

Yeah, this is why they investigated it. I don’t understand what’s so confusing about this. 

Biden’s team finds documents, immediately notifies law enforcement. 

Biden’s team kicks off investigation and finds more documents. 

Biden’s team then has law enforcement take over lead on investigation.

As far as we know, Biden’s team never disobeyed law enforcement, did not conceal anything, did not sue them, and their cooperation was apparently satisfactory because law enforcement did not file any motions against Biden’s team nor publicly comment or leak that Biden’s team was doing anything other than cooperating fully. 

If they find out that Biden has been personally using documents he knew to be classified, then that changes things. But there is so far no evidence in the public of that. 

3 hours ago, Doc said:

Trump shouldn't have taken the classified materials either.  But to get all geeked-up over "obstruction!" because his home got raided 2 months after he was told to keep the materials locked-up, which he did, is funny but expected.  So Joke gets zero leeway for having classified materials in wholly insecure locations, for decades, and especially when he would have had to steal them because he was just a Senator.  

Trump was told to turn the documents over for months and failed to comply. 

If Biden did the same, would you be shocked if the government came to get them?

If you had done the same, you'd already be in prison.

Either crimes are punished or they aren't and you still have not offered a defense of Trump's actions.

3 hours ago, Chris farley said:

You didnt even put it as a line item in your summary a few pages back.

thats all side BS stories created by the media.

loss of classified documents is all the same code.  

are your implying trump is obstructing or some other charge higher charge?

And the secret documents were in peril of being exposed to  to the ChiComs or others by Biden's crackhead son.  Don't tell me he didn't  see them as he was probably all over every square inch of that property looking for parmesan cheese that he thought was crack to sniff. The docs were next to the convertible that he probably used to pick up hookers.

Edited by Wacka
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Your insistence on getting the facts and the law wrong is impressive. No matter how many times it’s explained to you, you continue to ignore reality and repeat the same wrong and/or irrelevant points.

Biden, Pence, and Hillary cooperated with law enforcement. Trump obstructed law enforcement. That’s it. That’s the difference. That’s why Trump will be charged and Biden won’t. Just like Hillary wasn’t. Just like Pence won’t be either. 

And I don’t know how many times you have to be told that the GOP reaction is irrelevant, but I’ll say it again: what the GOP does in retaliation for the law being enforced is irrelevant. 

Who cares if he obstructed?  The National Archives can't seem to keep track of their stuff and have let classified material twist in the wind for decades.  It's just those who hate him and want to see any way to get him that it's so important.  So again if the Dems try their political games here, the Repubs will do the same and impeach Joke and the "facts" of the case won't mean *****.

Boebert admits Trump committed multiple crimes even if she doesn't know that she did say it.

Maybe her husband told her to write this while bowling.

image.png

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Who cares if he obstructed?  .........

More proof that Trump supporters aren't bright.

Edited by Kemp

5 minutes ago, Doc said:

Who cares if he obstructed?  The National Archives can't seem to keep track of their stuff and have let classified material twist in the wind for decades.  It's just those who hate him and want to see any way to get him that it's so important.  So again if the Dems try their political games here, the Repubs will do the same and impeach Joke and the "facts" of the case won't mean *****.

“who cares about obstruction of Justice” is certainly a take. 

And for the 1,000,000,000,000th time; what the GOP will do in response to this is IRRELEVANT.  My god, how hard is it to understand that?

6 minutes ago, Kemp said:

More proof that Trump supporters aren't bright.

LOL!  You libs are as braindead as they come. 

Just now, ChiGoose said:

And for the 1,000,000,000,000th time; what the GOP will do in response to this is IRRELEVANT.  My god, how hard is it to understand that?

Case in point.  No Chi, the GOP response is very relevant.  The Dems aren't going to sink Joke and their only (slim) chance of the Presidency in 2024 over this.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Keep in mind that most stupid people don't know they're stupid.

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  You libs are as braindead as they come. 

Case in point.  No Chi, the GOP response is very relevant.  The Dems aren't going to sink Joke and their only (slim) chance of the Presidency in 2024 over this.

Um, you're the one who just wrote that you don't care if Trump committed a felony. This means that you believe people should go unpunished for committing felonies or it's only okay if it's your cult leader.

Edited by Kemp

18 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Um, you're the one who just wrote that you don't care if Trump committed a felony. This means that you believe people should go unpunished for committing felonies and/or it's only okay if it's your cult leader.

The unprecedented raid and claims of obstruction were to placate the TDS'ers who are desperate to nail Trump anyway they can.  Again the NA has lost track of material for decades but suddenly Trump's case became an urgent matter.  LOL! 

No I care more about Joke having classified material he never had any business having, some of which had to have been stolen from a secured area, lying haphazardly around his home and open to anyone getting their hands on it, namely his drug-addled corrupt POS son.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

The unprecedented raid and claims of obstruction were to placate the TDS'ers who are desperate to nail Trump anyway they can.  Again the NA has lost track of material for decades but suddenly Trump's case became an urgent matter.  LOL! 

No I care more about Joke having classified material he never had any business having, some of which had to have been stolen from a secured area, lying haphazardly around his home and open to anyone getting their hands on it, namely his drug-addled corrupt POS son.

As opposed to what Donny had at Mar A Lago where anyone could get their hands on them, namely his coke head weirdo son?

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Doc said:

Trump got raided solely because of Trump’s actions. If he had done what Hillary, Biden, and Pence did, this would all be behind him. 

I do not understand why that is so hard to grasp. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Doc said:

You do realize that Senators do also have access to classified materials right?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

As opposed to what Donny had at Mar A Lago where anyone could get their hands on them, namely his coke head weirdo son?

Cokehead?  That's a new one.  But the dispute was over what Trump thought he could declassify.  Which is the major difference between all the cases since he was POTUS and could do that and they couldn't.

But OK, fair enough.  Then both should go down for it, right?

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Trump got raided solely because of Trump’s actions. If he had done what Hillary, Biden, and Pence did, this would all be behind him. 

I do not understand why that is so hard to grasp. 

I'm not sure why you're having trouble grasping the fact that they found more classified materials months after November.  Meaning he didn't disclose to the authorities (and not just the public) that he had more.  But I guess "I didn't know I had them" works for you, eh?

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

You do realize that Senators do also have access to classified materials right?

They have access but cannot remove materials from a SCIF.  And again, they have no ability to declassify material.

Edited by Doc

35 minutes ago, Doc said:

I'm not sure why you're having trouble grasping the fact that they found more classified materials months after November.  Meaning he didn't disclose to the authorities (and not just the public) that he had more.  But I guess "I didn't know I had them" works for you, eh?

It was good enough for the authorities. They believe that he wasn’t aware of them. Helps when you cooperate.

Plus, if he was aware of them and the authorities weren’t, why turn them over at all?

2 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

It was good enough for the authorities. They believe that he wasn’t aware of them. Helps when you cooperate.

Plus, if he was aware of them and the authorities weren’t, why turn them over at all?

LOL!  Gee I wonder why? 

So "I didn't know" is good enough for you.  OK. 

Again this is all political and if the Dems want to get Trump for it, the Repubs will do the same.  The difference being they don't need to do much to be able to impeach him.

9 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  Gee I wonder why? 

Again this is all political and if the Dems want to get Trump for it, the Repubs will do the same.  The difference being they don't need to do much to be able to impeach him.

From what we know, the government would be unable to sustain a conviction against Biden. Any half decent defense attorney would win that case easily and a good one would win it before trial. 

Meanwhile, someone fresh out of law school who spends their evenings sniffing glue would be able to get a guilty verdict on the Trump case. 

If it wasn’t political, but instead was 100% just following the law, the only difference would be that Trump would have been indicted months ago.

5 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

From what we know, the government would be unable to sustain a conviction against Biden. Any half decent defense attorney would win that case easily and a good one would win it before trial. 

Meanwhile, someone fresh out of law school who spends their evenings sniffing glue would be able to get a guilty verdict on the Trump case. 

If it wasn’t political, but instead was 100% just following the law, the only difference would be that Trump would have been indicted months ago.

Amazing - these “independents” sure like to get in the weeds and go out of their way to defend Trump.

36 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Right.  Because there's a time limit to return classified materials?  How long did Joke have his and how long was it before the next batches were found?  Again, "I didn't know I had them" isn't a valid defense even for a glue sniffing grad.  The crime is having them, period  But I realize it's how you justify going after Trump but sparing Joke. 

55 minutes ago, Doc said:

LOL!  Gee I wonder why? 

Yeah they just need to get over half of the House to create article of Impeachment and they're so good at all agreeing that it only took them 15 tries elect their Speaker. Then what, they're not going to remove him that takes 2/3 of the Senate and they don't even have half, so congratu*****inglations?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Yeah they just need to get over half of the House to create article of Impeachment and they're so good at all agreeing that it only took them 15 tries elect their Speaker. Then what, they're not going to remove him that takes 2/3 of the Senate and they don't even have half, so congratu*****inglations?

The House would be no problem.  As for the Senate, unlikely but a similar situation didn't stop the Dems from impeaching Trump twice.  And who knows, maybe a bunch of Dem Sens want Joke gone?

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Right.  Because there's a time limit to return classified materials?  How long did Joke have his and how long was it before the next batches were found?  Again, "I didn't know I had them" isn't a valid defense even for a glue sniffing grad.  The crime is having them, period  But I realize it's how you justify going after Trump but sparing Joke. 

Since you are still struggling to understand the differences in the cases, I made this handy chart for you:

image.thumb.png.490617573d20edfb54971a6752ccd606.png

This is how the law works around these cases. It's may not be how you like it but it is how it is.

You can keep saying Biden knew about the docs but so far there is ZERO admissible evidence to demonstrate that. As all of the people correctly criticizing Nancy Pelosi are pointing out: it's up to the prosecution to prove guilt, not the defendant to prove innocence. Based on what we know, Biden would walk if he was charged for the documents case.

If Biden's column looked like Trump's, then he should be indicted too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This may be as deleterious to MAGA's as the indictment

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/judge-undercuts-key-fox-news-defense-as-he-sends-dominion-suit-to-trial/ar-AA19kdLs

“The checklist of things that Dominion has to prove in order to win the case has just gotten a lot shorter,” said Sonja West, a law professor at the University of Georgia. 

The ruling also knocks down a key pillar of Fox’s defense — that it was simply reporting on newsworthy statements from public figures, in this case a sitting president and his advisers. Davis wrote that Fox undermined this line of defense by failing to also report statements from government officials and the company debunking claims of fraud.

https://www.mediaite.com/analysis/judge-scorches-fox-news-claim-their-dominion-coverage-was-protected-opinion-sending-media-case-of-the-century-to-trial/

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, ChiGoose said:

Since you are still struggling to understand the differences in the cases, I made this handy chart for you:

image.thumb.png.490617573d20edfb54971a6752ccd606.png

This is how the law works around these cases. It's may not be how you like it but it is how it is.

You can keep saying Biden knew about the docs but so far there is ZERO admissible evidence to demonstrate that. As all of the people correctly criticizing Nancy Pelosi are pointing out: it's up to the prosecution to prove guilt, not the defendant to prove innocence. Based on what we know, Biden would walk if he was charged for the documents case.

If Biden's column looked like Trump's, then he should be indicted too.

Spiffy chart.  Where's the "Deleted files after being told not to" row?  Or the "Didn't turn over all documents initially and some were later found in his garage next to his car and therefore he couldn't claim he didn't know they were there" row?  Go back and fix it (although admittedly that last one will be tough to fit in there).

Look, I realize you're having trouble with the whole "a sitting President and can't be indicted" thing.  So again I'll say that the Repubs have more than enough to impeach Joke if the Dems want to indict Trump over this.  Not turning over documents on their timeline means jack ***** when other had theirs for decades.  The issue is having documents you're not supposed to have in the first place and none of those others ever had any authority to declassify documents, which was Trump's argument. 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Doc said:

Spiffy chart.  Where's the "Deleted files after being told not to" row?  Or the "Didn't turn over all documents initially and some were later found in his garage next to his car and therefore he couldn't claim he didn't know they were there" row?  Go back and fix it (although admittedly that last one will be tough to fit in there).

Look, I realize you're having trouble with the whole "a sitting President and can't be indicted" thing.  So again I'll say that the Repubs have more than enough to impeach Joke if the Dems want to indict Trump over this.  Not turning over documents on their timeline means jack ***** when other had theirs for decades.  The issue is having documents you're not supposed to have in the first place and none of those others ever had any authority to declassify documents, which was Trump's argument. 

You should actually read the FBI’s report on Hillary and the deleted files. Not that you’d believe it since you seem to only believe things that fit you narrative, regardless of the truth. 

And once again, you would need to prove that Biden knew those other documents were there and intentionally did not return them. There remains zero evidence to support that. You can make assumptions and you can claim whatever you want, but so far there is nothing that could be introduced in court to show that Biden was aware of those documents and refused to turn them over. 

Remember when everyone here was complaining about the FBI taking stuff from Trump that wasn’t the documents? Some of that was his personal documents that were mixed in his desk drawer with the classified docs. The purpose of confiscating those is because they can show that Trump was still using the documents after he was president. 

If Biden had documents dated post presidency that he was personally using mixed in with the classified docs, that could be used to show that he knew about the documents and didn’t turn them in. But we don’t have that. Any defense attorney will be able to successfully argue with the evidence we have that Biden himself was unaware of the documents and there’s nothing we know of that would refute that beyond a reasonable doubt. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Just now, ChiGoose said:

You should actually read the FBI’s report on Hillary and the deleted files. Not that you’d believe it since you seem to only believe things that fit you narrative, regardless of the truth. 

And once again, you would need to prove that Biden knew those other documents were there and intentionally did not return them. There remains zero evidence to support that. You can make assumptions and you can claim whatever you want, but so far there is nothing that could be introduced in court to show that Biden was aware of those documents and refused to turn them over. 

Remember when everyone here was complaining about the FBI taking stuff from Trump that wasn’t the documents? Some of that was his personal documents that were mixed in his desk drawer with the classified docs. The purpose of confiscating those is because they can show that Trump was still using the documents after he was president. 

If Biden had documents dated post presidency that he was personally using mixed in with the classified docs, that could be used to show that he knew about the documents and didn’t turn them in. But we don’t have that. Any defense attorney will be able to successfully argue with the evidence we have that Biden himself was unaware of the documents and there’s nothing we know of that would refute that beyond a reasonable doubt. 

:lol:

12 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Good old @ChiGoose

:lol:

His/her/their theme song...

Essentially their gripe comes down to "he didn't return the documents fast enough."  It went from "he had nuclear secrets!"...to that.  Because they're desperate for anything.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Essentially their gripe comes down to "he didn't return the documents fast enough."  It went from "he had nuclear secrets!"...to that.  Because they're desperate for anything.

Nope. The issue is not returning the documents the moment they are discovered. 

The evidence shows Biden did and Trump didn’t. If that changes, it changes things. But so far, that’s the difference. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

1 hour ago, ChiGoose said:

Nope. The issue is not returning the documents the moment they are discovered. 

The evidence shows Biden did and Trump didn’t. If that changes, it changes things. But so far, that’s the difference. 

Nope?  LOL!  That's exactly what I said. 

So you don't care about other people illegally in possession of classified material they had no business having since they can't declassify it (unlike Trump) and which could have fallen into the wrong hands...your issue is he didn't return it fast enough.  Got it.  :rolleyes: