The Walls be Closing

Kemp

1 hour ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Former Gentlemen's Club Worker, Rep. Luna, is now merely an attention *****.

The case was taken off the docket because the Supreme Court will not decide the immunity claim before the previously scheduled trial date.

In other words, it's not about your little letter.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Former Gentlemen's Club Worker, Rep. Luna, is now merely an attention *****.

The case was taken off the docket because the Supreme Court will not decide the immunity claim before the previously scheduled trial date.

In other words, it's not about your little letter.

its another wall falling, not closing in.

It is what it is.

Edited by Tommy Callahan
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Tommy Callahan said:

its another wall falling, not closing in.

It is what it is.

Of course it's a win for Trump, since delay accrues to the benefit of almost every criminal defendant, particularly a guy running for President.

My point: despite what obviously confused "lawyer" DC Draino sez (and really, who wouldn't trust a guy named DC Draino? I mean, it's way more professional than Cat Turd), this has absolutely nothing to do with stripper-adjacent Rep Luna's letter.

https://www.politico.com/news/2024/01/31/trump-trial-immunity-delay-00138688

4 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

The walls are crumbling...

Sounds like Ol' Jackie boy is using the same tactics Dems accused Trump's lawyers of using.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Sounds like Ol' Jackie boy is using the same tactics Dems accused Trump's lawyers of using.

It's almost as if there are hundreds of examples of the iron law of commie projection. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

It's almost as if there are hundreds of examples of the iron law of commie projection. 

All day, every day.  

It's insane how often that rule is proven true. 

The data supports it going from a theory to a rule

Edited by Tommy Callahan

On 1/18/2024 at 10:08 PM, Pokebball said:

Trump can't be and won't be POTUS for life. You know that, right? You believe that, right?

oh ok - right wing MAGA sucker sucking hard on Trump being above the law.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Some people just can’t let go of the bone

Donald Trump is not fit to be a president

I'm having trouble imagining for what might he be fit.

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Some people just can’t let go of the bone

Donald Trump is not fit to be a president

Please tell me what policy made during Trumps Presidency you felt was harmful to the country.

• Haha (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, wnyguy said:

Please tell me what policy made during Trumps Presidency you felt was harmful to the country.

Policy is not the most important part of the problem, although it is a problem. It would dismantle NATO, one of the most important reasons America has flourished since WWII.

Putin would try and extend his empire and despite Trumplicans now being aligned with Putin, it would not work out well for America.

It's about the need to surround him with adults so he doesn't f up the entire country.

Next time round, none of those people will be around him and he'll go the way of Orban, and nothing will be able to stop him, including the Supreme Court, if they decided to challenge him. He would ignore any ruling by them he didn't like.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by Kemp
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Policy is not the most important part of the problem, although it is a problem. It would dismantle NATO, one of the most important reasons America has flourished since WWII.

Putin would try and extend his empire and despite Trumplicans now being aligned with Putin, it would not work out well for America.

It's about the need to surround him with adults so he doesn't f up the entire country.

Next time round, none of those people will be around him and he'll go the way of Orban, and nothing will be able to stop him, including the Supreme Court, if they decided to challenge him. He would ignore any ruling by them he didn't like.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

So it was Trumps position on NATO that hurt this country? Here is one line from the Washington Journal regarding Trumps stance -" I found that people tend to focus only on what Mr. Trump says rather than what he does. He questioned the alliance publicly and badgered fellow leaders, but it was part of a calculated (and successful) strategy to get them to contribute more to defense."

So he hurt the Country to have members of NATO start paying their way? 

You see this is the second time I have asked what Trump policy he made during his Presidency that hurt this country and while I thank at least one of you for responding, it was in fact not a policy of Trump to pull out of the NATO agreement.

link to the WSJ article - https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-nato-foreign-policy-biden-6383f678

Edited by wnyguy
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, wnyguy said:

So it was Trumps position on NATO that hurt this country? Here is one line from the Washington Journal regarding Trumps stance -" I found that people tend to focus only on what Mr. Trump says rather than what he does. He questioned the alliance publicly and badgered fellow leaders, but it was part of a calculated (and successful) strategy to get them to contribute more to defense."

You see this is the second time I have asked what Trump policy he made during his Presidency that hurt this country and while I thank at least one of you for responding, it was in fact not a policy of Trump to pull out of the NATO agreement.

link to the WSJ article - https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-nato-foreign-policy-biden-6383f678

I was talking about what WILL happen the 2nd time around, but it's good to see you say withdrawing from the treaty would be a huge mistake.

Yet, if that day does come to pass, you will then defend it, because cults gotta cult.

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Welp.  Now it's off to the supreme Court.  

Damn.  Imagine if that holds true.  For the orange dude and some war mongers prior. 

You think the SC is going to need to hear the Seal Team 6 argument in person???  They're going to read the 57 pages, and say, "well, not much we can do to refute any of this rationale", and decline it.  Then the MAGA gang can talk about how THEIR conservative, hand-picked SC is part of the left wing deep state conspiracy to get Trump.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

So you are saying that a former president should not face criminal charges? 

Insanity

7 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Welp.  Now it's off to the supreme Court.  

Damn.  Imagine if that holds true.  For the orange dude and some war mongers prior. 

Why? You think they will put a former president above the law? 

Thats stupid 

10 hours ago, wnyguy said:

Forgive them.  They've been told what to think.  Trump "almost" destroyed NATO like the J6 protestors "almost" toppled the American government... :rolleyes:

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Tommy Callahan said:

Last I checked the orange dude wasn't even being charged with sedition or insurrection.

But the mob already found guilt and wants its pound of flesh.

This is Rich coming from the group they can’t even prove Joe Biden did anything wrong, but want their pound of flesh without proving anything?

Meanwhile, Trump is going through the proper process

• Eyeroll 1

Justice Jackson has weighed in on more legal questions of Jan. 6 rioting than any other Supreme Court member | CNN Politics

Seems her mind is already made up.

Jackson, while serving on a federal trial-level court in Washington, DC, oversaw a handful of criminal cases against rioters as the Justice Department was making its first batches of arrests after the deadly attack.

“How close can a person be to unquestionably violent and completely unacceptable lynch-mob-like acts of others and still claim to be a nondangerous, truly innocent bystander,”

The case before the nine justices this week concerns an effort by a group of voters in Colorado (DEM Mega funded PAC) to remove Trump from that state’s ballot under the Constitution’s 14th Amendment ban on insurrectionists holding office. The voters argue Trump “engaged in insurrection” through his conduct on January 6.

LMAO

Attorneys for the Colorado voters seeking to keep Trump off the ballot emphasized the grisly details of the riot in court filings ahead of Thursday’s arguments, calling it the “most violent attack on our nation’s Capitol since the War of 1812.”

Since 1812 the capital has actually been attacked, mass shooting and bombed. All pardoned by DEMS.

Then-Judge Jackson ultimately handed the rioter cases she was assigned off to other judges when she left the district court after President Joe Biden elevated her to the DC Circuit Court of Appeals. But her statements from the period immediately following the attack offer an indication of how she might approach the riot in the Trump ballot case.

“Many of the attendees of this rally were lured to the Capitol Building itself,” she said at a March 2021 hearing for Texas rioter Christopher Grider (he was later convicted). “They participated in what many scholars and commentators have characterized as an armed insurrection … If there is a more serious offense in terms of who we are as a society and the democratic order that is at the core of our constitutional scheme, I don’t know what is.”

And they will continue to attack Thomas as biased.  SMH

Edited by Tommy Callahan

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

Trial set for March 26.

Seat of the pants estimates:

- Trump gets some higher court to intervene to slow it down: 10%

- Trial goes forward more or less as scheduled: 90%

- Trump gets convicted of at least one felony count: 75%

Remember, the Presidential Immunity argument can't work here because the alleged criminal acts preceded his time as President. And these are state charges, so a lot of other defenses (ultimately including a self-pardon) won't be available.

• Like (+1) 1

Judge fines Donald Trump more than $350 million, bars him from running businesses in N.Y. for three years

"Judge Arthur Engoron ordered the former president and the Trump Organization to pay over $350 million in damages, and bars Trump "from serving as an officer or director of any New York corporation or other legal entity in New York for a period of three years."

He also continued "the appointment of an Independent Monitor" and ordered "the installation of an Independent Director of Compliance" for the company."

• Like (+1) 1

It’s not gonna matter who the next President is.

The left’s locked down the future course for this country 

The walls are closing in on American. Enjoy it while you still can.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1