The Walls be Closing

Kemp

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Normies are the vast majority of the public that don’t pay much attention to politics until it directly starts to affect them. 

Similar to NIMBYS.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Explain. 

Because I’m guessing you’re going to say something, something, Trump supporters … even though most right leaning people on the OT Board don’t want Trump to be the Republican nominee. 

No way to determine if that's accurate, but we do know that most of you will vote for Trump.

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I called the national office of Rotary and they would like you to turn in your badge

If you feel that strongly, just go to the top.  The Rotary International prez this year is a retired Scottish Dentist who wants to concentrate efforts on mental health this year.  a friend went to the World Conference in Australian recently and met him.  Say's he's a super nice, energetic and passionate man.

1 hour ago, Pokebball said:

I guess I don't see this characterization. He's really done a pretty good job in Florida. I think you're threatened by him

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4116913-covid-19-vaccine-politics-could-be-linked-to-excess-gop-deaths-in-ohio-florida-study/

After May 1, 2021, when vaccines were available to all adults, the excess death rate gap between Republican and Democratic voters widened to 7.7 percentage points — meaning the excess death rate among Republican voters was 43 percent higher than that among Democratic voters.

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

I don’t recall the Kavinaugh protesters smashing barriers, killing Capitol security members, putting up a noose, or storming the offices looking for people to kill

Maybe the Deep State hid it from us.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Kemp said:

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/4116913-covid-19-vaccine-politics-could-be-linked-to-excess-gop-deaths-in-ohio-florida-study/

After May 1, 2021, when vaccines were available to all adults, the excess death rate gap between Republican and Democratic voters widened to 7.7 percentage points — meaning the excess death rate among Republican voters was 43 percent higher than that among Democratic voters.

The offset, of course, is the pro business successes and the educational successes that the schools in Florida will be ahead of many other states. That measure will be decades in the making.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chris farley said:

No, you replied to my comment. 

I'm a realist so its moderates DEMS and they are hard to find anymore.  

Antiwar, Anti corporate funding of government, resect for our rights, looking out for the downtrodden, progressive tax structure, BC/Abortion.

but that was all before the modern left went nuts and started supporting.

Pro war, Pro corporate funding of government, attacking civil rights, supporting agencies spying on Americans. pandering to the groups that claim to help the downtrodden (PACS), aggressive and noncompetitive tax structure, BC/Abortion narrative became a free for all.

So, if you vote R, you're literally voting against everything you claim to be for.

Doesn't add up.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Andy1 said:

We now have dozens and dozens of Trumpers, life long Republicans, who are on record testifying against Trump vs Republican politicians and media who will continue to push the false fantasies their supporters want to hear. I guess they are all still in the stage of denial at this point. Hopefully we see a trial before the election. 

Denial or do this just don't care how bad he is? They care nothing about the country 

47 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Cause unlike the modern bandwagon jumper that just wants to be on the winning team. I believe in holding them accountable.

But in ny that's a lost cause anymore.

Funny, I’m a registered R in NY for the same reason 

56 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The Wall Street Journal on the various indictments. I agree with this assessment:

"The first indictment in New York state by a partisan district attorney for paying hush money is a junk case. Mr. Smith’s previous indictment for mishandling classified documents is more serious and the evidence stronger. But this latest indictment goes to the core of American democracy and the transfer of power."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-indictment-jack-smith-jan-6-2020-election-96a894f5?mod=hp_opin_pos_6#cxrecs_s

First year Criminal Law class I learned that there are various justifications for having such things as crimes and punishment. There's specific deterrence or incapacitation - the defendant murdered someone or defrauded someone or sexually assaulted someone, and we want to lock him up so he can't do it again. There's retribution - society's desire to express its collective outrage at anti-social behavior. And then there's general deterrence: if someone flouts our laws and norms and it goes unpunished, that will simply embolden other people to do the same thing themselves. 

It's mostly that last one that the Wall Street Journal is getting at. Trump himself, ever playing the victim, says it is all about getting even with him, or that it's about trying to eliminate him as the #1 rival to Biden in the 2024 election. But there's a larger point in this prosecution, the idea that Trump, aided by various unscrupulous lawyers concocting wild legal theories, and Trump (and a very few remaining sycophantic aides and supporters) cynically adopting those theories, aided by criminal tactics, all for the purpose of thwarting the rule of law and the legitimate outcome of the electoral college. Some of us still believe the peaceful and orderly transfer of power in America is something to celebrate, and that a criminal attempt to circumvent that does need to be prosecuted, and that announcing that you are running again for President shouldn't result in some kind of cloak of immunity around you.

This is a just and necessary prosecution.

Next they'll tell us that the Wall Street Journal has always been a liberal bastion.

50 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You can’t possibly be this naive. Somebody says something on television for ONE REASON only. And that is get eyeballs on screens. The same is true for print media….to get eyeballs on clicks. Then after someone says something it prompts others to ‘quote’ so that they too can get…wait for it…eyeballs on screens. Make sense? 

There is one poster here who posts far more links to tweets than anyone else.

He's on the Trump bandwagon.

Perhaps you should tell him, too.

7 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

The offset, of course, is the pro business successes and the educational successes that the schools in Florida will be ahead of many other states. That measure will be decades in the making.

Thinning the herd does eliminate some competition for jobs.

23 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Next they'll tell us that the Wall Street Journal has always been a liberal bastion.

There is one poster here who posts far more links to tweets than anyone else.

He's on the Trump bandwagon.

Perhaps you should tell him, too.

The same is true for EVERYONE Kemp and I think you’ll find I’m pretty consistent. 

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

If you feel that strongly, just go to the top.  The Rotary International prez this year is a retired Scottish Dentist who wants to concentrate efforts on mental health this year.  a friend went to the World Conference in Australian recently and met him.  Say's he's a super nice, energetic and passionate man.

Mr. Snob looking down on us plebs

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

“Educational successes” - absolutely hilarious when you look at the lowest rated states for public education (AZ, LA, NV, NM, AL, SC, OK, NC, FL, TN).

Contrast that with the best states (NJ, NH, CT, VT, MA, NY, ME, CO, PA, VA) - see a pattern here with regard to recent general election results?  

Florida is leading the charge in denigrating LBGTQ awareness, banning books, and the most recent and appalling development of plans to teach that enslaved people *benefited* from slavery.

Pathetic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 49er Fan said:

Florida is leading the charge in denigrating LBGTQ awareness, banning books, and the most recent and appalling development of plans to teach that enslaved people *benefited* from slavery.

Pathetic.

And there it is folks.

The proof that our new posting friend does not read anything but the approved leftist handbook.

Welcome aboard.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, 49er Fan said:

“Educational successes” - absolutely hilarious when you look at the lowest rated states for public education (AZ, LA, NV, NM, AL, SC, OK, NC, FL, TN).

Contrast that with the best states (NJ, NH, CT, VT, MA, NY, ME, CO, PA, VA) - see a pattern here with regard to recent general election results?  

Pathetic.

Specifically, aren't we talking about the impact during the pandemic? At least I was.

https://www.chalkbeat.org/2023/5/12/23721806/learning-loss-pandemic-community-district-student-homes-harvard-stanford-johns-hopkins-dartmouth#:~:text=The team found that student,higher death rates from COVID.

https://www.brookings.edu/articles/the-pandemic-has-had-devastating-impacts-on-learning-what-will-it-take-to-help-students-catch-up/

https://www.cnn.com/2023/01/30/health/covid-learning-loss-study-wellness/index.html

This link specifically notes how Florida did better than its' peers in the pandemic loss - https://www.tampabay.com/news/education/2022/10/24/national-assessment-of-educational-progress-florida-hillsborough-pinellas-pasco-addison-davis-kevin-hendrick-scores/

10 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Boris Epshteyn is #6?

There's lots of that at Trump rallies. 

I've never been. I'll have to trust your experience

Edited by Pokebball
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

Seems articulate with well considered thought.  Yup, right out of our playbook..pp148-201.

Anyone who repeats the Florida African American Studies lie, has proven that they are not informed.

But you knew that HawkBoy.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Chris farley said:

Um. I actually live in NY and its a closed primary state. 

I'm a registered DEM.

SOOO

HSo am I. Another reason to hate this state. I have property in Florida, seriously considering changing my main residence to Florida.

• Like (+1) 2

This is what happens when Trump only has yes men/women around him… the wheels literally fall off.

And the events leading up to and after January 6 is just a preview of a second Trump administration.

Never gonna happen 

• Shocked 1

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

This is what happens when Trump only has yes men/women around him… the wheels literally fall off.

And the events leading up to and after January 6 is just a preview of a second Trump administration.

Never gonna happen 

another stellar American patriot...very,very fine (vvf in trading card parlance)  What will anybody give me for an OJ rookie card?  I really have one but feel it's bad JuJu.

Edited by redtail hawk

4 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

another stellar American patriot...very,very fine (vvf in trading card parlance)  What will anybody give me for an OJ rookie card?  I really have one but feel it's bad JuJu.

I have a football he signed for me in 1973! 

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I have a football he signed for me in 1973! 

He was a great player.  but what a POS...and WTF was Al Cowlings thinking?

Ya know, we had this Balinese goddess figurine we bought in the French Quarter.  Just a bad object.  Gone.  But I digress.

Edited by redtail hawk

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

And there it is folks.

The proof that our new posting friend does not read anything but the approved leftist handbook.

Welcome aboard.

And another example of no matter who codes onto this board and tries to talk to you if they say anything that you don’t agree with their automatically accused of being leftists

Trumpism truly is a cult

2 hours ago, Pokebball said:

It would make sense that Florida would do better during the pandemic at academics nothing replaces in person, teaching, and Florida didn’t handle the pandemic, the same as other states did

As a whole whenever you don’t include the once in a lifetime world virus, Florida does not do as well as these other states

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

And another example of no matter who codes onto this board and tries to talk to you if they say anything that you don’t agree with their automatically accused of being leftists

No.

Try again Johnny.

That was a new poster who sided with all three disproved Florida leftists rumors.  So I pointed it out.

It has nothing to do with disagreeing with me. We were not "talking" to each other

Thats the level that many of you on this board stoop to, where it's a contest. 

I provide information from sites (that you don't approve of) but would never read on your own.

Read it or don't, it's no never-mind to me.

But this constant twisting of my posts is childish.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Anyone who repeats the Florida African American Studies lie, has proven that they are not informed.

But you knew that HawkBoy.

22 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Trumpism truly is a cult

Irony is a challenging concept. 

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

And there it is folks.

Welcome aboard.

Florida curriculum includes:

The curriculum requires teaching on race to be “objective” and not “indoctrinate or persuade students to a particular point of view.” One part requires instruction on “how slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit.” 

3 hours ago, Pokebball said:

Surprised to hear that you've never seen parts of any Trump rallies.

4 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Florida curriculum includes:

The curriculum requires teaching on race to be “objective” and not “indoctrinate or persuade students to a particular point of view.” One part requires instruction on “how slaves developed skills which, in some instances, could be applied for their personal benefit.” 

Surprised to hear that you've never seen parts of any Trump rallies.

Nice pivot. Haven't voted for Trump  nor do I plan to. I've always felt he lacked moral character and he continues to confirm that. That doesn't mean the left has to be the alternative. Not by a long shot. In fact, this banana republic shyt Biden and the left are doing is the most shameful thing I've experienced in American politics. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Changed what law?

Congress passes election reform designed to ward off another Jan. 6

3 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

Nice pivot. Haven't voted for Trump  nor do I plan to. I've always felt he lacked moral character and he continues to confirm that. That doesn't mean the left has to be the alternative. Not by a long shot. In fact, this banana republic shyt Biden and the left are doing is the most shameful thing I've experienced in American politics. 

Letting everything Trump did slide would be the most shameful thing in American politics and will only invite Trump and others like him to do the same.

F that and your feelings 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1