The Walls be Closing

Kemp

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

Hawk 

You like to tell everyone how smart you are because ‘read things on the internet’. I’ll put it to you that some of these things are actually making you dumber. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I shouldn’t be.  I, along with most here, have wanted DeSantis from jump.   There’s an entire thread on this. 

It’s not my fault that you can’t defend your party anymore, so everyone is now Trump supporters, including those of us who support DeSantis, because “actually” let me guess … he’s even worse than Trump.  

DeSantis - it’s hard to overstate how pathetic a prospective nominee has become to publicly say that he’d pardon his chief rival for crimes not even adjudicated yet - just to siphon off said rival‘s MAGA vote.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, redtail hawk said:

umm...did the Long Island idiot Fox host say germ warfare or not?

I have no idea, but copying and pasting other people’s ridiculous editorials is no way to go through life. You seem to be of the opinion that if you read things on the internet, that they’re news, or a reporting of facts. You are clearly old enough to know that virtually everything said, posted, and repeated by the media is there for one reason only…to advance a narrative the author is SELLING! I choose not to buy it. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, 49er Fan said:

DeSantis - it’s hard to overstate how pathetic a prospective nominee has become to publicly say that he’d pardon his chief rival for crimes not even adjudicated yet - just to siphon off said rival‘s MAGA vote.

A nominee respond to a hypothetical.   How dare he!

Calm down.  

I’m glad you are forced to root for Nick Bosa. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SoCal Deek said:

I have no idea, but copying and pasting other people’s ridiculous editorials is no way to go through life. You seem to be of the opinion that if you read things on the internet, that they’re news, or a reporting of facts. You are clearly old enough to know that virtually everything said, posted, and repeated by the media is there for one reason only…to advance a narrative the author is SELLING! I choose not to buy it. 

I have some original thoughts.  actually, many.  did you read my list of worst Florida jobs with Librarian followed by trans athlete as the worst?  It was a fruitful discussion with roofers and landscapers being offered as alternatives.

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I have some original thoughts.  actually, many.  did you read my list of worst Florida jobs with Librarian followed by trans athlete as the worst?  It was a fruitful discussion with roofers and landscapers being offered as alternatives.

No I definitely didn’t….but case in point, you don’t think whoever authored it wasn’t really just trying to SELL a narrative? Of course they were. I don’t even have to read it to know that. I’m honestly amazed you don’t. And just to show you; that applies to articles from BOTH perspectives. 

• Like (+1) 1

Forgive the copy and paste but this likely won't be featured on Fox, Tucker or OAN.

https://www.thejc.com/news/world/rudy-giuliani-insulted-jewish-mens-genitals-says-new-lawsuit-65ge6ykZnDmiZwVkG9OENh

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

No I definitely didn’t….but case in point, you don’t think whoever authored it wasn’t really just trying to SELL a narrative? Of course they were. I don’t even have to read it to know that. I’m honestly amazed you don’t. And just to show you; that applies to articles from BOTH perspectives. 

He either said or he didn't  There's tape.  It can be disproven if false.  Go for it!  sorta like evidence in a legal case.  Of course, it could be that Fox doesn't save tape from Monday's show or someone produced a fake video with the LI idiot or....Jewish Space Lasers.

Edited by redtail hawk

Forgive the copy and paste but this likely won't be featured on Fox, Tucker or OAN.

https://www.thejc.com/news/world/rudy-giuliani-insulted-jewish-mens-genitals-says-new-lawsuit-65ge6ykZnDmiZwVkG9OENh

He either said or he didn't  There's tape.  It can be disproven if false.  Go for it!  sorta like evidence in a legal case.

You REALLY do T get it do you Hawk. I’m truly sad for you. I’ve always considered you way too smart for this crap. I guess I was wrong. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

@49er Fan

What about the Kavanaugh nomination hearings?

Official proceeding or nah?

Should Nancy Pelosi be in jail for encouraging the obstruction?

Let me guess.

That's different. 

I don’t recall the Kavinaugh protesters smashing barriers, killing Capitol security members, putting up a noose, or storming the offices looking for people to kill

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You REALLY do T get it do you Hawk. I’m truly sad for you. I’ve always considered you way too smart for this crap. I guess I was wrong. 

We add one test to the standard Rotary four way test at our club:

1  Is it the truth?

2.  Is it fair to all concerned?

3. Will it build goodwill and better friendships?

4.  Will it be beneficial to all?

and our addition  "Will it be FUN"?

admittedly, I have some problems meeting the ideals of #3 around here but it's good to have lofty goals.

Then again, Bill Gates partners with Rotary to eradicate worldwide polio, so y'all will likely disagree.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I don’t recall the Kavinaugh protesters smashing barriers, killing Capitol security members, putting up a noose, or storming the offices looking for people to kill

A Kav protester tried to assassinate him and other justices.  just saying

Hey @Roundybout says thats different!

how shocking.

:lol:

And regurgitating the outright lie that Capitol police officers were killed on J6. How very useful idiot of you roundy!

The only people who died at the Capitol on J6 were protestors.

Period.

Edited by BillsFanNC
  • Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

I was responding to SC but really?  A dem??? What D planks do you agree with?????  Do tell...

No, you replied to my comment. 

I'm a realist so its moderates DEMS and they are hard to find anymore.  

Antiwar, Anti corporate funding of government, resect for our rights, looking out for the downtrodden, progressive tax structure, BC/Abortion.

but that was all before the modern left went nuts and started supporting.

Pro war, Pro corporate funding of government, attacking civil rights, supporting agencies spying on Americans. pandering to the groups that claim to help the downtrodden (PACS), aggressive and noncompetitive tax structure, BC/Abortion narrative became a free for all.

5 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

Hey @Roundybout says thats different!

how shocking.

:lol:

And regurgitating the outright lie that Capitol police officers were killed on J6. How very useful idiot of you roundy!

The only people who died at the Capitol on J6 were protestors.

Period.

Even if any of us accepts that (and I don't) the protesters should never have been there threatening congress people, a VP and law enforcement.  Agree or not?

Just now, Chris farley said:

No, you replied to my comment. 

I'm a realist so its moderates DEMS and they are hard to find anymore.  

Antiwar, Anti corporate funding of government, resect for our rights, looking out for the downtrodden, progressive tax structure, BC/Abortion.

but that was all before the modern left went nuts and started supporting.

Pro war, Pro corporate funding of government, attacking civil rights, supporting agencies spying on Americans. pandering to the groups that claim to help the downtrodden (PACS), aggressive and noncompetitive tax structure, BC/Abortion narrative became a free for all.

admirable but false.

• Disagree 1

13 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

1  Is it the truth?

admittedly, I have some problems meeting the ideals of #3 around here but it's good to have lofty goals.

Then again, Bill Gates partners with Rotary to eradicate worldwide polio, so y'all will likely disagree.

So, regarding #1, link me to your support that that DeSantis is in the mob. Dang man, you didn't even get past step 1

• Like (+1) 1

The Wall Street Journal on the various indictments. I agree with this assessment:

"The first indictment in New York state by a partisan district attorney for paying hush money is a junk case. Mr. Smith’s previous indictment for mishandling classified documents is more serious and the evidence stronger. But this latest indictment goes to the core of American democracy and the transfer of power."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/donald-trump-indictment-jack-smith-jan-6-2020-election-96a894f5?mod=hp_opin_pos_6#cxrecs_s

First year Criminal Law class I learned that there are various justifications for having such things as crimes and punishment. There's specific deterrence or incapacitation - the defendant murdered someone or defrauded someone or sexually assaulted someone, and we want to lock him up so he can't do it again. There's retribution - society's desire to express its collective outrage at anti-social behavior. And then there's general deterrence: if someone flouts our laws and norms and it goes unpunished, that will simply embolden other people to do the same thing themselves. 

It's mostly that last one that the Wall Street Journal is getting at. Trump himself, ever playing the victim, says it is all about getting even with him, or that it's about trying to eliminate him as the #1 rival to Biden in the 2024 election. But there's a larger point in this prosecution, the idea that Trump, aided by various unscrupulous lawyers concocting wild legal theories, and Trump (and a very few remaining sycophantic aides and supporters) cynically adopting those theories, aided by criminal tactics, all for the purpose of thwarting the rule of law and the legitimate outcome of the electoral college. Some of us still believe the peaceful and orderly transfer of power in America is something to celebrate, and that a criminal attempt to circumvent that does need to be prosecuted, and that announcing that you are running again for President shouldn't result in some kind of cloak of immunity around you.

This is a just and necessary prosecution.

5 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

coming from you, that makes it fact.

as you only spew BS while attacking the truth.

its kind of your schtick.

So, not admirable...

If uninterested feel free to ignore but some important MAGA info here.  So saddle need to ask these questions

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/01/politics/president-serve-vote-indictment-trump-2020-election/index.html

3 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

So, regarding #1, link me to your support that that DeSantis is in the mob. Dang man, you didn't even get past step 1

I asked if he was a mobster and mentioned he might look good in a zoot suit.  What is false?

See, D's can play this game too.  Many of us learn quickly...Germ warfare?

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

So, not admirable...

If uninterested feel free to ignore but some important MAGA info here.  So saddle need to ask these questions

https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/01/politics/president-serve-vote-indictment-trump-2020-election/index.html

I asked if he was a mobster and mentioned he might look good in a zoot suit.  What is false?

See, D's can play this game too

there is nothing about the DEM agenda thats admirable. 

on any level.

20 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

1  Is it the truth?

You can’t possibly be this naive. Somebody says something on television for ONE REASON only. And that is get eyeballs on screens. The same is true for print media….to get eyeballs on clicks. Then after someone says something it prompts others to ‘quote’ so that they too can get…wait for it…eyeballs on screens. Make sense? 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

You can’t possibly be this naive. Somebody says something on television for ONE REASON only. And that is get eyeballs on screens. The same is true for print media….to get eyeballs on clicks. Then after someone says something it prompts others to ‘quote’ so that they too can get…wait for it…eyeballs on screens. Make sense? 

You seem so cynical that you believe that no one could do or say anything just because they feel it's extremely important or are passionate about it or even that they love the role of journalist (or any job, for that matter).  Now that is sad.

2 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Cause unlike the modern bandwagon jumper that just wants to be on the winning team. I believe in holding them accountable.

But in ny that's a lost cause anymore.

so do you attend D meetings and make your opinion known?

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Eyeroll 1

14 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

See, D's can play this game too.  Many of us learn quickly...Germ warfare?

I called the national office of Rotary and they would like you to turn in your badge

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

You seem so cynical that you believe that no one could do or say anything just because they feel it's extremely important or are passionate about it or even that they love the role of journalist (or any job, for that matter).  Now that is sad.

On the contrary, I’m a realist and I’m truly stunned that someone of your seniority and apparent intellect can’t understand that you’re being toyed with by these folks. When their work day is over they’re going to soccer practice! They’re not trying to save the planet. And when your heroes in EITHER party are done, they’re going out to dinner at restaurants you could never afford, paid for by donors and lobbyists that would make your skin crawl.

Sorry to break it to you. 

6 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

On the contrary, I’m a realist and I’m truly stunned that someone of your seniority and apparent intellect can’t understand that you’re being toyed with by these folks. When their work day is over they’re going to soccer practice! They’re not trying to save the planet. And when your heroes in EITHER party are done, they’re going out to dinner at restaurants you could never afford, paid for by donors and lobbyists that would make your skin crawl.

Sorry to break it to you. 

going to soccer games and expensive dinners does not exclude loving your job and being passionate.  For most, those probably add to their happiness with their jobs and lives.

40 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I also don’t recall Pelosi or anyone else conspiring to falsify the Senators’ SCOTUS confirmation votes. And for the record, hundreds of people were arrested during those hearings for unlawfully protesting.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, BillsFanNC said:

@49er Fan

What about the Kavanaugh nomination hearings?

Official proceeding or nah?

Should Nancy Pelosi be in jail for encouraging the obstruction?

Let me guess.

That's different. 

Supreme Court nominee Merrick Garland says hi.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

going to soccer games and expensive dinners does not exclude loving your job and being passionate.  For most, those probably add to their happiness with their jobs and lives.

Not the point Hawk. My assessment of your intelligence is dropping like a rock. 😉