What would you trade for Jerry Jeudy?

RocCityRoller

Would you trade the #1 pick (27 overall) for Jerry Jeudy?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. If Denver would trade Jerry Jeudy for a #1 overall, but no other compansation, would you do it?

• Give Denver what they want, Jerry Jeudy is a stud
    • #1 pick only (pick #27) - Jeudy is a better WR than can be found at #27
    • I would trade for him, but a #2 and other considerations at most
    • Nope, not interested in Jerry Jeudy

33 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I included one of the very few positive comments about him in that post you quoted. I also included the link to the forum so you can see for yourself.

I was not suggesting that you were cherry picking, just that over time one is likely to find positive comments as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

Just checked out the Broncos forum and in particular a thread titled “What is everyone’s thoughts on Jerry Jeudy?” It’s from this season, so they’ve been watching him for 2.5 seasons at the point the thread was written.

The most liked comment was: “Runs a beautiful route, but can’t catch the ball.”

Another poster replied: “…Wilson’s been awful, but that doesn’t excuse the judges inability to catch any balls in traffic…”

To which another poster said: “Yep, anytime a defender is within arms length he drops it”.

Another poster chimes in: “The drops are one thing but he can figure it out. What irritates me is how he never makes plays on the ball…”

Another poster quips: “Beautiful routes. Butterfull hands.”

As the avalanche of negative reports raged on, one poster says: “Believed his own hype, will never live up to it.”

Another says: “Actually worried he’s a bust with consistent drops and overall contribution to the offense.”

The second to last post I read said: “should be traded before the league finds out how overrated he is”

All is not lost though. One positive poster replies: “…He’s the type of player that will head to somewhere like Pittsburgh or Buffalo where the coach knows how to get the most out of him and will be very successful.”

YIKES!

link

Edit: the rest of the comments get even worse:

He’s a bust”

”It’s been 3 years. He’s a first round pick. He’s a bust.”

”Trade him to Green Bay please”

”He’s a bust. That might sound harsh but on a good team he’s probably WR3 or worse.”

“Trade him and see what we can get for him”

"He doesn't catch the ball." Well his catch percentage on targets in 2022 was 67.0%. For comparison Gabe Davis was 51.6%. Jeudy's drop percentage was just 5.0%; Davis's was 9.7%. The average passer rating on Jeudy's targets was 110.1; for Davis it was 80.8.

Hilariously, one of the comments in that thread says "even Gabe Davis from the same draft class has had a bad career."

So, I'm gonna go ahead and say those fans don't know what they're talking about. Or maybe it's that those comments are from October before Jeudy played his best football down the stretch.

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, starrymessenger said:

McKenzie had Josh Allen.

Okay, but 1 has been the #3/#4/#5 WR on his team and was the 172nd pick in his draft and the other has been the #1 WR or at worst #2 WR on his team and was the 15th pick in his draft.

But let's go with your thought, Tim Patrick has more tds(11 vs 9) on less targets(195 vs 269) on the same team with the same QBs. And he wasn't even drafted, he was an UDFA. Only has about 600 less yards than Jeudy also during that span. Again on 74 less targets.

No thanks. A big old pass from me.

22 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Both were first round picks and have 5th year options so, yes, both were controllable for 5 seasons. Oliver is on his 5th year option now. Jeudy has his next season. 

Stefon Diggs was also controllable for five seasons. What is your point?

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

"He doesn't catch the ball." Well his catch percentage on targets in 2022 was 67.0%. For comparison Gabe Davis was 51.6%. Jeudy's drop percentage was just 5.0%; Davis's was 9.7%. The average passer rating on Jeudy's targets was 110.1; for Davis it was 80.8.

Hilariously, one of the comments in that thread says "even Gabe Davis from the same draft class has had a bad career."

So, I'm gonna go ahead and say those fans don't know what they're talking about. Or maybe it's that those comments are from October before Jeudy played his best football down the stretch.

The fans who have watched him for 2.5 years don’t know what they’re talking about? Okay then…

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

Just checked out the Broncos forum and in particular a thread titled “What is everyone’s thoughts on Jerry Jeudy?” It’s from this season, so they’ve been watching him for 2.5 seasons at the point the thread was written.

The most liked comment was: “Runs a beautiful route, but can’t catch the ball.”

Another poster replied: “…Wilson’s been awful, but that doesn’t excuse the judges inability to catch any balls in traffic…”

To which another poster said: “Yep, anytime a defender is within arms length he drops it”.

Another poster chimes in: “The drops are one thing but he can figure it out. What irritates me is how he never makes plays on the ball…”

Another poster quips: “Beautiful routes. Butterfull hands.”

As the avalanche of negative reports raged on, one poster says: “Believed his own hype, will never live up to it.”

Another says: “Actually worried he’s a bust with consistent drops and overall contribution to the offense.”

The second to last post I read said: “should be traded before the league finds out how overrated he is”

All is not lost though. One positive poster replies: “…He’s the type of player that will head to somewhere like Pittsburgh or Buffalo where the coach knows how to get the most out of him and will be very successful.”

YIKES!

link

Edit: the rest of the comments get even worse:

He’s a bust”

”It’s been 3 years. He’s a first round pick. He’s a bust.”

”Trade him to Green Bay please”

”He’s a bust. That might sound harsh but on a good team he’s probably WR3 or worse.”

“Trade him and see what we can get for him”

You keep on doing this thing where you like to go to another teams board and download their comments like they mean something

There’s a reason why they call fans fans they should not be counted on to make football decisions

Edited by John from Riverside

29 minutes ago, Einstein said:

The fans who have watched him for 2.5 years don’t know what they’re talking about? Okay then…

No, that's just one thread from 5 months ago that you found. Here's one from this week:

This thread has a lot of Broncos fans saying they don't want to trade Jeudy. Many specifically state how well he played late in the season.

Interesting that you searched so far back in time to find a thread that fit your opinion. No agenda, I'm sure.

To the people hoping for an Ed Oliver trade - I think it's FAR more likely that he'd be extended for cap space than it is he'd be traded for cap space.

Especially after Beane mentioned him as a player he'd like to keep beyond his rookie contract unsolicited while talking about Edmunds departure.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

in a heartbeat, Oliver is a jag

I love how someone not completely living up to their lofty expectations coming out of College and someone being picked below them performing better automatically equates to being "jag".

Tremaine Edmunds all over again. And he just got handed the best deal for an ILB in the NFL. We take players for granted and the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Before Miller and Phillips went down, Oliver was performing quite well consistently. After Von's injury, teams focused blocking on him a lot more while singling Rousseau and Lawson/Epenesa. He was AFC Defensive Players of the Week for his performance in the Thanksgiving game. Beane has been talking up wanting to extend him.

But yeah, he's "jag" 🙄

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

To the people hoping for an Ed Oliver trade - I think it's FAR more likely that he'd be extended for cap space than it is he'd be traded for cap space.

Especially after Beane mentioned him as a player he'd like to keep beyond his rookie contract unsolicited while talking about Edmunds departure.

I don't understand the infatuation. The dude just does not produce with anything remotely resembling consistency.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Dislike 1

10 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Interesting that you searched so far back in time to find a thread that fit your opinion.

It was the first result in the google search. Interesting indeed!

10 hours ago, HappyDays said:

No agenda, I'm sure.

Speaking of agenda, even your thread example has plenty of Broncos fans saying to trade him. It's about 50/50, which is better than the early season thread (which was 90% doom) but it still shows a fan base that has watched him for 3 straight years and are divided on whether he is any good. That's who you want to spend a 1st round pick on.

I love how the most liked response to the pro-keep-him crowd is "It’s crazy how a guy who was mediocre for 2.5 seasons is now seen as untouchable". Indeed.

Thankfully, I don't think Beane is stupid enough to make this trade anyway.

You also ignored the point about one of the best offensive minds in the NFL being willing to trade him.

On 3/19/2023 at 4:22 AM, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

I don't understand the infatuation. The dude just does not produce with anything remotely resembling consistency.

I didn’t read an infatuation in his post.  He said he’s not a jag.  He’s right.  He’s not.  He’s better than a Jag and won’t be paid like a jag. 

I agree with those people that would rather use his cap space on offense and replace him with someone a lot cheaper.  That player would likely be a Jag…..but Ed is not.  

• Agree 1

On 3/19/2023 at 3:49 AM, BillsFanForever19 said:

I love how someone not completely living up to their lofty expectations coming out of College and someone being picked below them performing better automatically equates to being "jag".

Tremaine Edmunds all over again. And he just got handed the best deal for an ILB in the NFL. We take players for granted and the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Before Miller and Phillips went down, Oliver was performing quite well consistently. After Von's injury, teams focused blocking on him a lot more while singling Rousseau and Lawson/Epenesa. He was AFC Defensive Players of the Week for his performance in the Thanksgiving game. Beane has been talking up wanting to extend him.

But yeah, he's "jag" 🙄

It's tough too because it feels like everyone was banged up by the end of the year.  I feel like Oliver was a constant on injury reports most of the season.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.