What would you trade for Jerry Jeudy?

RocCityRoller

Would you trade the #1 pick (27 overall) for Jerry Jeudy?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. If Denver would trade Jerry Jeudy for a #1 overall, but no other compansation, would you do it?

• Give Denver what they want, Jerry Jeudy is a stud
    • #1 pick only (pick #27) - Jeudy is a better WR than can be found at #27
    • I would trade for him, but a #2 and other considerations at most
    • Nope, not interested in Jerry Jeudy

4 hours ago, UmbrellaMan said:

This isn’t a pro bowl player we are talking about, but a career underachiever in the pros.

No 1st round WR we get will be a pro bowl player, yet. None of them will have achieved anything in the pros. Any 1st round WR we would draft would be because we like their upside to become that caliber of player. That's why I support trading for Jeudy. He still has tremendous upside and even right now he is better than Gabe Davis.

He's just now entering his age 24 season and his most recent season was his best yet. He played in a moribund offensive scheme with one of the worst starting QBs in the league and he drew #1 WR coverage. He missed 2 games. All of that going against him and he still collected 972 receiving yards and 6 TDs.

I posted this highlight video in the other Jerry Jeudy thread:

Yeah I know it's a highlight video, it doesn't tell the whole story. But there are several plays in there that no one currently on our roster could make. He has a true #2 skillset with #1 upside. That's exactly the kind of WR you take at the bottom of the 1st round.

Plus he only costs $4.8 million against the cap this year and would likely cost about $13 million in 2024 once we pick up his 5th year option.

The same way you're flabbergasted anyone would want to trade a 1st for him, I'm flabbergasted anyone wouldn't. I felt the same way about the Stefon Diggs trade in 2020. A no-brainer. This would be the lower floor/higher ceiling version of that trade.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, 3rdand12 said:

Very reasoned perspective.

Excepting Bijan.

But i am not going to argue against it :)

Yeah…I don’t really want Bijan either, I just think he would be the best player on the board by far. I wouldn’t take him over the top 3 WRs fwiw.  He’s a playmaker with a skill set that we’re missing.  Surrounding Josh with guys that can take some pressure off of him is the key.  I think he can do that more effectively than a Zay Flowers would.  I’d rather have Darnell Wright too…. But I just don’t think Beane sees RT as the hole that most of us do.  

On 3/17/2023 at 11:21 PM, WideNine said:

image.png.7a7b9e7851e6bbe2e411cbba1e068572.png

Genny screamers.  That’s a bad memory.  I used to like Genny Light, but then again I was a poor high school kid from Frannies.

We didn’t have the $ for Labatts or OV.  You remember OV, add an L and an E, and you have Love OV.

Children, that was the OV commercial from the early 80’s.

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

Yeah…I don’t really want Bijan either, I just think he would be the best player on the board by far. I wouldn’t take him over the top 3 WRs fwiw.  He’s a playmaker with a skill set that we’re missing.  Surrounding Josh with guys that can take some pressure off of him is the key.  I think he can do that more effectively than a Zay Flowers would.  I’d rather have Darnell Wright too…. But I just don’t think Beane sees RT as the hole that most of us do.  

No doubt about Bijan !

39 minutes ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

9 sacks and a pick last year. Would’ve really came in handy after Von Miller went down. 

and before.
we picked up Mario Addison I think. who was here for a minute or two

7 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

The type of fans that would post on an NFL message board in March also pay a lot of attention to the draft and probably had him highly rated coming out of ‘Bama.  

Probably. But now we have real NFL data. We dont need to rely on draft reports anymore.

we pick (59th overall) in the 2nd round

KC used the 63rd pick to draft All Pro & pro bowl center Creed Humphrey....just sayin......we need OL

this is juedy's last year of his rookie deal....he's gonna wanna get paid....his 5th year option is $13 mil.......that 59th pick is $1.5/mil for 4 years

juedy is ranked 24th best WR by espn analytics....which is pretty good and better than most have em

if i'm the bills, the most i give up is a 3rd....which aint getting it done

we need to hit on that $1.5 mil player

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

With that statement, you’re saying that trading for Jeudy = the bills won’t win a Super Bowl

With this statement you are saying Jeudy is the missing piece to winning a super bowl. Absurd in the extreme. 

16 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Probably. But now we have real NFL data. We dont need to rely on draft reports anymore.

We have real nfl data with him catching passes from Drew Locke, Teddy B, Brett Rypien, Jeff Driskel and a Hackett led RW.  

as if that doesn’t matter…..

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

I agree with this 100%. It’s also why I don’t understand why fans post combine stats for players with NFL film.

Idk, I don’t.  But I know that the Broncos passing game has been terrible and it doesn’t have anything to do with the talent @ WR.  

6 minutes ago, Chaos said:

With this statement you are saying Jeudy is the missing piece to winning a super bowl. Absurd in the extreme. 

No….I’m saying he could be. I don’t pretend to know the future like you do

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

We have real nfl data with him catching passes from Drew Locke, Teddy B, Brett Rypien, Jeff Driskel and a Hackett led RW.  

as if that doesn’t matter…..

Good players rise to the top regardless. Lee Evans put up good numbers even with JP Losman.

There is a reason why one of the greatest offensive minds in the NFL is open to trading him. And it’s not because he’s super good but QB is holding him back.

Just checked out the Broncos forum and in particular a thread titled “What is everyone’s thoughts on Jerry Jeudy?” It’s from this season, so they’ve been watching him for 2.5 seasons at the point the thread was written.

The most liked comment was: “Runs a beautiful route, but can’t catch the ball.”

Another poster replied: “…Wilson’s been awful, but that doesn’t excuse the judges inability to catch any balls in traffic…”

To which another poster said: “Yep, anytime a defender is within arms length he drops it”.

Another poster chimes in: “The drops are one thing but he can figure it out. What irritates me is how he never makes plays on the ball…”

Another poster quips: “Beautiful routes. Butterfull hands.”

As the avalanche of negative reports raged on, one poster says: “Believed his own hype, will never live up to it.”

Another says: “Actually worried he’s a bust with consistent drops and overall contribution to the offense.”

The second to last post I read said: “should be traded before the league finds out how overrated he is”

All is not lost though. One positive poster replies: “…He’s the type of player that will head to somewhere like Pittsburgh or Buffalo where the coach knows how to get the most out of him and will be very successful.”

YIKES!

link

Edit: the rest of the comments get even worse:

He’s a bust”

”It’s been 3 years. He’s a first round pick. He’s a bust.”

”Trade him to Green Bay please”

”He’s a bust. That might sound harsh but on a good team he’s probably WR3 or worse.”

“Trade him and see what we can get for him”

3 hours ago, papazoid said:

we pick (59th overall) in the 2nd round

KC used the 63rd pick to draft All Pro & pro bowl center Creed Humphrey....just sayin......we need OL

this is juedy's last year of his rookie deal....he's gonna wanna get paid....his 5th year option is $13 mil.......that 59th pick is $1.5/mil for 4 years

juedy is ranked 24th best WR by espn analytics....which is pretty good and better than most have em

if i'm the bills, the most i give up is a 3rd....which aint getting it done

we need to hit on that $1.5 mil player

The question was what would YOU trade for Jerry Jeudy. And you rambled on about some other things nobody cares about.

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Just checked out the Broncos forum and in particular a thread titled “What is everyone’s thoughts on Jerry Jeudy?” It’s from this season, so they’ve been watching him for 2.5 seasons at the point the thread was written.

The most liked comment was: “Runs a beautiful route, but can’t catch the ball.”

Another poster replied: “…Wilson’s been awful, but that doesn’t excuse the judges inability to catch any balls in traffic…”

To which another poster said: “Yep, anytime a defender is within arms length he drops it”.

Another poster chimes in: “The drops are one thing but he can figure it out. What irritates me is how he never makes plays on the ball…”

Another poster quips: “Beautiful routes. Butterfull hands.”

As the avalanche of negative reports raged on, one poster says: “Believed his own hype, will never live up to it.”

Another says: “Actually worried he’s a bust with consistent drops and overall contribution to the offense.”

The second to last post I read said: “should be traded before the league finds out how overrated he is”

All is not lost though. One positive poster replies: “…He’s the type of player that will head to somewhere like Pittsburgh or Buffalo where the coach knows how to get the most out of him and will be very successful.”

YIKES!

link

Edit: the rest of the comments get even worse:

He’s a bust”

”It’s been 3 years. He’s a first round pick. He’s a bust.”

”Trade him to Green Bay please”

”He’s a bust. That might sound harsh but on a good team he’s probably WR3 or worse.”

“Trade him and see what we can get for him”

I don't know how representative these fan comments are. Haven't bothered to do it but if their board is anything like ours I wouldn't be surprised if one also found positive feedback. Of course fans are going to jump up and down when a WR experiences drops, and given a 7.6% drop rate who could blame them. Jeudy's overall numbers were greatly affected by one game (Chargers I think) which he dropped like five passes (12 for the year). Now of course that's awful in itself and is no defence of Jeudy, However anybody can have a bad outing. Demarius Thomas once caught only one of his 13 targets. Stuff happens. Two other things to consider are poor ball placement and throwing into coverage by the lousy QBs (even if Jeudy got his hands on it) and the fact that he's a YAC guy and some of his concentration lapses reflect a lack of patience in thinking ahead before the ball has been secured. 
What that means is that there are some things he needs to work on (like lots of good pros) but they don't prevent him from being a talented receiver and a very desirable asset. 

7 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

McKenzie has had more receiving tds over the last 3 years than Jeudy has had(10 vs 9) on less than half the targets(125 vs 269). 😳 

McKenzie had Josh Allen.

Edited by starrymessenger
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

I don't know how representative these fan comments are. Haven't bothered to do it but if their board is anything like ours I wouldn't be surprised if one also found positive feedback

I included one of the very few positive comments about him in that post you quoted. I also included the link to the forum so you can see for yourself.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.