Devin Bush is the linebacker yo replace edmunds

kirkwoodus13

I know some here would say this is crazy.. But please remember this guy was the consensus top linebacker in his draft class. He had a great rookie season and then got hurt. A natural leader and great instincts. A change of scenery could do this former first rounder well. Tuff against the run and great blitzer. Sheds blockers way better than Edmunds ever did. What do y’all think. 

• Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Liked the kid coming out of college but Coach summed it up best, post injury is pretty rough. There’s a reason Pitt isn’t clamoring to sign the guy. 

Given some of these contracts floating around. Do you want to pay 10m a year?

Edited by BBFL

2 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I know TBD is just horrific when it comes to spelling players names but this is the worst butchering I have ever seen.  Its spelled LaVonte David. You only got half the letters right and none of them were in the right order.

Maybe he was just being a Pratt…?

7 minutes ago, kirkwoodus13 said:

Buy low sell high. You don’t just loose those instincts. Bring him in and let’s see. We have our coverage backer in Milano. Let this dude stop the run and get after the QB. 

You can lose instincts.  Especially after an injury…you become more likely yo hesitate.  I believe this is what kept Tre out for longer than normal.  But then you have Von Miller who wasn’t fazed at all.

4 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Liked the kid coming out of college but Coach summed it up best, post injury is pretty rough. There’s a reason Pitt isn’t clamoring to sign the guy. 

Given some of these contracts floating around. Do you want to pay 10m a year?

I think this would be a very low prove it type deal if it even happened. But I haven't seen the guy play recently so I'll trust most of the folks around here. Is his injury the type you can eventually get back from or is he in the junkyard?

2 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

They let Myles Jack go as well.

Yeah, I'm looking at all these draft sites and they're really not talking about the 2 MLB's as primary needs for the Steelers. Myles Jack was a stretch when they brought him in. Seems like they've shored the positions up a little the last couple of days, but I could easily see them adding an lb in the first, well before a corner, assuming they stay in the same defense.

28 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I know TBD is just horrific when it comes to spelling players names but this is the worst butchering I have ever seen.  It’s spelled LaVonte David. You only got half the letters right and none of them were in the right order.

And failed to realize he’s already signed with another team apparently 🙄 

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He has been terrible since his injury.  Not just average: terrible.

I agree...If they want to bring him in for next to nothing, fine...But based on the way he's played, he would be hard pressed to beat out who we already have there. Though anything is possible I guess. B-)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.