Sam Martin extended (3 years)!

Rigotz

3 hours ago, HappyDays said:

If Sportrac has it right than this is really a bad take by Joe.

It's a 2 year deal. Yes we can cut him after 2023, but he has cap hit of $2.050.000 and dead cap of $800.000. So if he cut hit him and sign any other punter (which we have to) for a penny over vet min, we are still paying punters $2M.

Anyway, happy to keep him for reasonable price.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

If Sportrac has it right than this is really a bad take by Joe.

It's a 2 year deal. Yes we can cut him after 2023, but he has cap hit of $2.050.000 and dead cap of $800.000. So if he cut hit him and sign any other punter (which we have to) for a penny over vet min, we are still paying punters $2M.

Anyway, happy to keep him for reasonable price.

You're right.  I read it more as at his age of 34 if his play wasn't good, they can get out cheap.

I actually thought he would cost a little more with more guarantee.  I like the signing and hope he plays well for 3 years.

8 hours ago, KDIGGZ said:

This guy makes more money per punt than most of us make in an entire year. Let that sink in

He makes about $55k per punt by my maths. That is pretty much right on the median salary for a worker in the US. The mean is higher because of the large volume of super high salaries.

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

He makes about $55k per punt by my maths. That is pretty much right on the median salary for a worker in the US. The mean is higher because of the large volume of super high salaries.

You are correct.

From someone who was a honors math major mean and median are very different.

I worked for US Census in late 1990s and I reviewed a document and had to explain my criticism of document.

Many in room did not understand it but fortunately I had prepared slides to correct their understanding.

Then they choose to reword it to use term which most suited their goal rather than clearer to public.

Does not surprise me from organization which allowed political appointee to cancel program for 2000 US Census online after we done work including building system for it because appointee realized it hurt politician's party position.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.