Bills free agency tracker - NFL free agency began 3/15 - post all NFL updates here

chongli

The consensus around the internet seems to be that the Bills are taking a step back this year, and the Jets are the team to beat in the AFCE now.

Combined w/ KC being defending champs, and the Bengals being seen as the true contender to the AFC crown - we MAY just be back under the radar. At least a little bit.

Which is just fine by me.  I'd rather surprise teams.  Now, if we could just get Romo to reign it in a little on the broadcasts...

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, RocCityRoller said:

Buffalo is @$10 million under with the top 51

only 6-8million under with all contracts per Spotrac and OverTheCap.

Got to keep rookie class money and roster filler room too.

Already added a void year hit (660k) to keep Matakevich.... 🤮

1 hour ago, Rocky Landing said:

Is Spotrac factoring in all of the restructures? I don’t think all of the paperwork has been signed. 

I think Sportrac has everything relevant accounted for except of Milano - they still have him at $13M which was his original cap number. So with his $6M saved we should be around $17M right now - I guess Lewis and Dodson won't eat much, maybe $300k total. 

30 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Yep.  Whatever happens, happens.

We most likely aren’t getting any of the players TBD wants.  If we have 15 million, that leaves 5 million for the draft class and 3-5 million for day to day season cap.  Not much left over for signing free agents.  Especially with the holes we have at WR, safety and LB.

Won’t see restructures unless BBB knows he is going to land a guy, or two.  He said it himself, don’t expect a lot in FA this off-season.  

I think we have $17M right now. For draft class you need less than $2M. As you say we need at least $3M for in season moves. We also need close to $4M for PS players and roughly $1,7M for 52nd and 53rd player.

All in all, we have about $6-7M in cap space right now (from the perspective of 2023 season start).

We also need to sign about 6-8 more NFL players - QB, OL, WR, RB, DL, LB, S.

My guess is that we will make 1 more restructure, get one bigger FA/trade name, and fill the rest with Quessenberry/Crowder/Lawson type deals.

Edited by No_Matter_What
  • Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, SectionC3 said:

I somewhat agree on re-tooling.  This is a tweak year.  Improve OL, and skill on O, get younger on D and adjust philosophy on D to become 

ire aggressive.  As long as we can keep Allen upright we are never out of contention. 

44 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Yup, I call it a mini rebuild year 👍

No way!!!  No need to re-tool or rebuild.  The Bills have a shot!  Go for it.  

i am on the get a WR train.  I don't think Gabe is the guy.  There don't seem to be many good ones available in the draft or FA. So I hope Beane can do a trade.  Get one of Hopkins or Jeudy or M Evans/C Godwin.  

With another good WR the Bills would be in the conversation once again as one of the Super Bowl favorites.  Move Oliver, get a good WR, get a semi-decent MLB and bargain basement or draft the rest - RB, safety, OL.

8 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Would rather have Davis/ JuJu/ Renfrow/ Thielen than broken up old expensive D Hop or OBJ.

Sad list.  All I know for sure is JuJu is last.  I think for me Renfrow would be one and Beckham two.  And I don’t want Beckham.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.