Per Daily News: Giants Eyeing Beasley as FA Target and May Trade for Gabe Davis

ChevyVanMiller

23 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

Well a Beane protege can still see the talent in players that the Bills seem to not see or at least have a different opinion of them being Hodgins & Bease .

Wouldn't that be a kick in the ass if Dabol & Sheon picked up these players in seeing their worth to helping their team only to win a SB before the Bills .

If by chance Dabol picks up Bease & he has even close to the receptions & yardage he has for them that he did with the Bills i will have a HUGE - I TOLD YOU SO !!! For all the Beasley haters here ... And it will probably be for a really good contract price too . Which will be  a double whammy !

Edited by T master

I agree Davis is an ideal WR4 based on his production and skill set.

KC playoff game-hype wasn’t going to miraculously transform him into WR2. Just as it didn’t miraculously transform Allen into MVP. Fans bought the hype and so now they’re either disappointed or trying to excuse his drops.

For what this Bills offense is trying to be, they absolutely need a WR2, they need Shakir or McKenzie to seize the slot, and they need to continue to rely on Davis in a proper (limited) big play role as WR4.

8 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

I don’t think Davis is worth a 2nd round pick….At best, a 3rd imo…but you wont hear me complaining if a team gives us a 2nd rounder for him…

Id be shocked if we traded Gabe and didn’t get a 2nd back. 

Positional value comes into play, and the going rate for a low-tier WR2 seems to be a 2nd.  See Chase Claypool.  

Edited by SCBills

For Davis you could probably get a 3. The Giants have two of them and one is a late third. I think it is a reasonable ask. At the same time, if you are Bills you have to have a plan to replace him. At the end of the day he played the most snaps of any of our WR and was productive. He isn’t as good as we want him to be, and he likely is playing elsewhere next year. But, if you can’t find something better I think you need to hold on to him. 

3 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

For Davis you could probably get a 3. The Giants have two of them and one is a late third. I think it is a reasonable ask. At the same time, if you are Bills you have to have a plan to replace him. At the end of the day he played the most snaps of any of our WR and was productive. He isn’t as good as we want him to be, and he likely is playing elsewhere next year. But, if you can’t find something better I think you need to hold on to him. 

Giants 2 is, I think, pick 61.  I ask for that or no deal.  

He’s a big play WR who could be a huge bounce back candidate this year provided he’s not the 2nd best WR on our team.  

Oliver, I’m taking a 3 no problem.  Davis, I want a 2.. especially given the Giants 2 is late. 

If Claypool brings back a 2, Gabe also should. 

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Giants 2 is, I think, pick 61.  I ask for that or no deal.  

He’s a big play WR who could be a huge bounce back candidate this year provided he’s not the 2nd best WR on our team.  

Oliver, I’m taking a 3 no problem.  Davis, I want a 2.. especially given the Giants 2 is late. 

If Claypool brings back a 2, Gabe also should. 

Yeah.  The League values WR’s higher than any position other than QB now.  You can either pay huge bucks in the free agent market for a Christian Kirk or Jacobi meyers or trade a high pick for one.  

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Positional value comes into play, and the going rate for a low-tier WR2 seems to be a 2nd.  See Chase Claypool.  

That may have been the worst trade in years.  I can’t believe they got a 2nd for him.  Another case of the AFC getting richer while the NFC continues to get worse 

On 3/10/2023 at 9:12 AM, Steptide said:

Not ready to give up on Davis just yet. Needs another year imo

It’s not about giving up on him, it’s a no win situation for the Bills.  If Davis has another similar year, they are going to need to replace him anyway, it won’t be good enough.  But if Davis has a big year, we won’t be able to afford paying him and Diggs big money at WR that he would command in FA that would be at a min over $20M per year and could be quite a bit higher depending on just how big his season was.

Translation:  It is highly unlikely Davis remains a Buffalo Bill after next year.  So if we can get a 3rd or better, I would pull the trigger right now personally.  But I am not convinced a guy coming off a disappointing season with a terrible catch rate, and among the league leaders in drops is going to bring back even a 3rd rounder.  

• Agree 1

Why would we trade Davis ? Makes no sense. He’s currently our #2, more suited to #3. I don’t think his ankle was right all year coming out of breaks. He’s on his rookie deal.. no way I would trade him. Leaving the Bills with who ?? Love Shakir but who else. We need more not less WR’s. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

No one's giving us a 2nd for a WR with such a low catch rate. There is value to keep Gabe on this roster if you can convince him he's a WR3 but his ego and contract desire will probably end that idea.  If I can get a 3rd for him I do it.

11 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Davis was hurt earlier in the year. He was very healthy towards the end of the season and in the playoffs. 

Davis isn't a very good receiver. He is average to good. He had one if the best QBs in the league throwing to him. He caught 48 of the 93 passes his way. A terrible catch ratio, he lacks quick explosion and separation, and his route running is limited. All of that adds up to a middling WR who should never be a number two target on any team. He's a good 3rd and 4th option receiver. 

I believe many Bills fans have the image of the Gabe Davis in the Chiefs game. Obviously, he was fantastic in that game. However, that game was an anomaly not the norm. 

In short, the Bills must get a true #2 WR option. One who can run all routes and create separation. Zay Flowers is that guy for sure. The only big question is his size. 

I agree they need to get better, but younger and I think JSN is the ticket....but we gotta keep Gabe.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.