The Titans Are Shopping Henry

H2o

5 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I will never understand the lack of willingness by fans to add elite talent to the roster. 

Until KC or some team we have to face every year in the playoffs dose, then it’s Buffalo never does anything to move the needle, while everyone else is playing chess we’re playing checkers. Those kinds of comments….  I would love to have Henry… teams would have to play us different and our Wr would get a lot more 1/1 looks. And it would be nice to pound the ball in those bad weather games. And before someone comments just draft a big running back, guys like king Henry don’t grow on trees, dude is a special talent… I’m ready to win a Super Bowl!!! Getting Henry would definitely help. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

16 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Hard pass...

1. Draft a RB: very deep Rb class, beyond just Bijan (who is a no-brainer at 27, if he somehow slides).  Look round 4/5 range.

2. Fix the OL: first off, we need to create cap space...yes, multiple ways to do this quickly (ie:cuts, restructures, etc) but it would be unwise to invest said $$$s in anything but the trenches.  We need to protect Josh, and this run game struggles because of our blocking.  FA $$s and early draft capital should be invested in OL, much overdue.

3. Playmaker: with our scheme and Joshs talents, WR is a much better choice to help this offense take the next step.  Diggs gets constant bracket coverage/doubled...we need a legit #2 who can consistently produce and win against single coverage.  Davis had his chance, just think we need more twitch/separation ability for that #2 spot.

Totally agree, but the problem is there don’t seem to be great WR who will be available at Bills’ draft position and I can’t identify (so far) any major playmakers who might be available in round 2 or 3.  I don’t think that this  is a great year for WR in the draft.  There are some undersized guys that might be really good in the slot - Addison, Flowers, Downs, but is that what the Bills need?  I think they really need a good outside receiver to challenge Gabe Davis.  I haven’t completely given up on Davis who played hurt much of the year, but that spot is where I’d hope to upgrade- after Quentin Johnston, who fits that description?  *Maybe* Rashee Rice, maybe Jonathan Mingo?  Michael Wilson ran 4.59 after a nice Senior Bowl to dampen his stock.  Now, I don’t think 4.59 disqualifies Wilson from consideration, but that wasn’t the best number for a guy who had some momentum after the all-star game.

14 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

All easier said than done. 

(1) who is that RB? 

(2) Hard to trust the Bills staff when it comes to solidifying the Oline. Ford pick, Staffold sucked, Brown is not good and who knows if he will be.

Bottom line is Beane and McD have had years to get it right. What makes you think they will get it right after years of incompetence? 

(3) Agree Bills need playmakers. Agree Davis had his chance. I don't wanna see a Davis WR2 rerun. 

1. Eric Gray -Rb, Oklahahoma.  I'm a fan of his style.  Super quick feet, great vision.  Likely a 4th-5th round type, with starter potential.

2. OL: two key moves, I like John Michael Schmitz....he solves a G spot immediately, future at C.  He's likely take our 1st round pick, but better value to move back into early 2nd.  The other is counting on Spencer Brown to improve/stay healthy, but I'd like someone such as Jermaine Elurmenor (Fa-Raiders), depth that can compete.  I'd look to draft another guy late, depending on Doyle's recovery.

3. Wr: Rashee Rice -Smu, likely a 2nd rounder.  He's got the quick feet/separation skills (although not a burner), to play all the Wr spots.  And he offers Yac, physical blocking, and likely a future #2 Wr. 

51 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

1. Eric Gray -Rb, Oklahahoma.  I'm a fan of his style.  Super quick feet, great vision.  Likely a 4th-5th round type, with starter potential.

2. OL: two key moves, I like John Michael Schmitz....he solves a G spot immediately, future at C.  He's likely take our 1st round pick, but better value to move back into early 2nd.  The other is counting on Spencer Brown to improve/stay healthy, but I'd like someone such as Jermaine Elurmenor (Fa-Raiders), depth that can compete.  I'd look to draft another guy late, depending on Doyle's recovery.

3. Wr: Rashee Rice -Smu, likely a 2nd rounder.  He's got the quick feet/separation skills (although not a burner), to play all the Wr spots.  And he offers Yac, physical blocking, and likely a future #2 Wr. 

Nice post. It's really hard to project how any of those guys will do. Will they be immediate impact players? What's the learning curve? Can they develop into solid contributors? 

The Bills traditional move draft picks along slowly. Look at Elam and Shakir. 

Imho, it's going to be difficult to get immediate impact players from the draft positions the Bills hold. I believe they can pluck some talented guys that will become solid players down the road. Will that be enough?

I want a Super Bowl appearance not an early playoff exit. The path to that seems slimmer as times passes. The Bills because of poor drafts, poor player development, poor coaching, and injuries have underpreformed the last few years. It's seemingly becoming a pattern. Good to great regular seasons with disappointing playoff endings. 

What's changing this year to think a different more positive result is likely next season? Same GM, same OC, same defensive scheme, and multiple holes to fill on both sides of the ball. 

We are left with hope perhaps false that Beane and McD can get the team over the hump. Past actions are often predictions of future results. History is studied to learn from previous mistakes. 

What will Von be like after his injury? Tre? Can Brown improve? Can Davis be that number 2 WR? Can the O and D line improve? Will the Bills be healthy? 

So many unanswered and unknowable questions. What's known is the Bills have failed to take steps forward as many of us thought they would. Excuses as for me are getting old and tiresome. I think we are nearing a point where something has to give. The team simply has to get over the hump soon. 

Edited by newcam2012

56 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

I’m not sure that Schmitz can be a good G after showing up at the combine at only 301 and not being known for his mobility.  

I must be watching different games for Rice, because I see very little ability to get separation based on his route running.  I agree that he has above average size, very good leaping ability and ability to make contested catches.   I just don’t see a guy who is going to get open vs man coverage.  I think the Bills will have the option to take him at their 2nd round pick.  He was very productive, but it was against weak competition for the most part.

Edited by OldTimer1960

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Blowing out a knee on slit-film turf could have happened to a 20-year-old. In fact, it happened to 21yo Breece Hall. 

Henry has one year left on his contract. It doesn't get any less risky than that. 

1 hour ago, OldTimer1960 said:

I’m not sure that Schmitz can be a good G after showing up at the combine at only 301 and not being known for his mobility.  

I must be watching different games for Rice, because I see very little ability to get separation based on his route running.  I agree that he has above average size, very good leaping ability and ability to make contested catches.   I just don’t see a guy who is going to get open vs man coverage.  I think the Bills will have the option to take him at their 2nd round pick.  He was very productive, but it was against weak competition for the most part.

Schmitz can add weight if needed, he is also strong as all get out.  He's said he wants to be known as an "interior OL", not just center.  He's willing to do what is needed, if we desire to put him at OG.

Rice is difficult to project completely, but he reminds me of Chris Godwin and the type of playmaker we are lacking.  He's a different Wr body type, than alot of other options likely to be available to us.  

I'd be very excited to go:

1. Schmitz

2. Rice

3. best LB or S - depending on FA

4. Gray or best DL

5. whichever not used round 4

6. depth

2 hours ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Totally agree, but the problem is there don’t seem to be great WR who will be available at Bills’ draft position and I can’t identify (so far) any major playmakers who might be available in round 2 or 3.  I don’t think that this  is a great year for WR in the draft.  There are some undersized guys that might be really good in the slot - Addison, Flowers, Downs, but is that what the Bills need?  I think they really need a good outside receiver to challenge Gabe Davis.  I haven’t completely given up on Davis who played hurt much of the year, but that spot is where I’d hope to upgrade- after Quentin Johnston, who fits that description?  *Maybe* Rashee Rice, maybe Jonathan Mingo?  Michael Wilson ran 4.59 after a nice Senior Bowl to dampen his stock.  Now, I don’t think 4.59 disqualifies Wilson from consideration, but that wasn’t the best number for a guy who had some momentum after the all-star game.

This wide receiver class doesn’t impress me

The dream scenario is Bijan Robinson falls to 27

In reality, we should go offensive linemen

4 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Schmitz can add weight if needed, he is also strong as all get out.  He's said he wants to be known as an "interior OL", not just center.  He's willing to do what is needed, if we desire to put him at OG.

Rice is difficult to project completely, but he reminds me of Chris Godwin and the type of playmaker we are lacking.  He's a different Wr body type, than alot of other options likely to be available to us.  

I'd be very excited to go:

1. Schmitz

2. Rice

3. best LB or S - depending on FA

4. Gray or best DL

5. whichever not used round 4

6. depth

I would not be disappointed with Schmitz and Rice in first two round, but the crowd that thinks the 27th pick needs to be all-pro in a year or two will be.  Really, that crowd is going to be disappointed no matter who they take in round 1.  Point is if people thing Greg Rousseau isn’t performing “as a first round pick should” won’t like anyone they take at 27 in this draft, except maybe Bijon Robinson.

I would be happy with a good OL or good starting WR or good starter elsewhere.

• Agree 1

30 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

This wide receiver class doesn’t impress me

The dream scenario is Bijan Robinson falls to 27

In reality, we should go offensive linemen

The problem with IOL is the guys are all very similarly graded. Most of the depth is round 2-4. If they are going Oline it would have to be tackle and I’m not sure a good one will be left. 

After Addison showed up in the 170s and ran 4.55 he might drop to the Bills. I think I’d take that chance if he’s there. 

I think if Robinson is on the board it’s a no brainer. 

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Nice post. It's really hard to project how any of those guys will do. Will they be immediate impact players? What's the learning curve? Can they develop into solid contributors? 

The Bills traditional move draft picks along slowly. Look at Elam and Shakir. 

Imho, it's going to be difficult to get immediate impact players from the draft positions the Bills hold. I believe they can pluck some talented guys that will become solid players down the road. Will that be enough?

I want a Super Bowl appearance not an early playoff exit. The path to that seems slimmer as times passes. The Bills because of poor drafts, poor player development, poor coaching, and injuries have underpreformed the last few years. It's seemingly becoming a pattern. Good to great regular seasons with disappointing playoff endings. 

What's changing this year to think a different more positive result is likely next season? Same GM, same OC, same defensive scheme, and multiple holes to fill on both sides of the ball. 

We are left with hope perhaps false that Beane and McD can get the team over the hump. Past actions are often predictions of future results. History is studied to learn from previous mistakes. 

What will Von be like after his injury? Tre? Can Brown improve? Can Davis be that number 2 WR? Can the O and D line improve? Will the Bills be healthy? 

So many unanswered and unknowable questions. What's known is the Bills have failed to take steps forward as many of us thought they would. Excuses as for me are getting old and tiresome. I think we are nearing a point where something has to give. The team simply has to get over the hump soon. 

If they pick offensive lineman early, they’re going to be used early

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.