The Titans Are Shopping Henry

H2o

1 hour ago, KzooMike said:

I read your posts and would still feel inclined to consider a trade involving Oliver. I think Henry is a back that will get his yards with almost any NFL caliber line. Not to say it doesn't influence things, but he is still enough of a specimen/freak talent that he will get his yards. You don't want the guy more than a max of one or two years because he just can't keep this up the way he plays. All of which is fine because we are trading a departing asset for another departing asset. Immediate return is all that matters. We have nearly zero physicality outside Knox and our QB, adding Henry would immediately provide this dimension. It's a one year + trade, who makes us better? Then after next season they both are likely off the payroll again. Henry in landslide against Oliver. That said, I don't know if Henry would be down for a trade to a one year and done nor one of our conference rivals. 

I’m not against trading Oliver, I was speaking on behalf of Beane and what I think he would want back if he traded Oliver

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

A player who needs no speculation and who can seriously arouse higher team expectations in the short term.

A rare case of a sensible player clamoring thread, not the innumerable ‘as I see it’ types posted ad nauseam.

This seriously reads as if ChatGPT wrote it.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Hard pass...

1. Draft a RB: very deep Rb class, beyond just Bijan (who is a no-brainer at 27, if he somehow slides).  Look round 4/5 range.

2. Fix the OL: first off, we need to create cap space...yes, multiple ways to do this quickly (ie:cuts, restructures, etc) but it would be unwise to invest said $$$s in anything but the trenches.  We need to protect Josh, and this run game struggles because of our blocking.  FA $$s and early draft capital should be invested in OL, much overdue.

3. Playmaker: with our scheme and Joshs talents, WR is a much better choice to help this offense take the next step.  Diggs gets constant bracket coverage/doubled...we need a legit #2 who can consistently produce and win against single coverage.  Davis had his chance, just think we need more twitch/separation ability for that #2 spot.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

Hard pass...

1. Draft a RB: very deep Rb class, beyond just Bijan (who is a no-brainer at 27, if he somehow slides).  Look round 4/5 range.

2. Fix the OL: first off, we need to create cap space...yes, multiple ways to do this quickly (ie:cuts, restructures, etc) but it would be unwise to invest said $$$s in anything but the trenches.  We need to protect Josh, and this run game struggles because of our blocking.  FA $$s and early draft capital should be invested in OL, much overdue.

3. Playmaker: with our scheme and Joshs talents, WR is a much better choice to help this offense take the next step.  Diggs gets constant bracket coverage/doubled...we need a legit #2 who can consistently produce and win against single coverage.  Davis had his chance, just think we need more twitch/separation ability for that #2 spot.

Agreed, paying older RBs at the end of their prime is never a good idea. Plus, as good as Henry is, he's not a great fit for this offense in my opinion. Not that he would be bad in buffalo but his skill set isn't what's missing in the bills offense.

2 hours ago, MasterStrategist said:

Hard pass...

All easier said than done. 

(1) who is that RB? 

(2) Hard to trust the Bills staff when it comes to solidifying the Oline. Ford pick, Staffold sucked, Brown is not good and who knows if he will be.

Bottom line is Beane and McD have had years to get it right. What makes you think they will get it right after years of incompetence? 

(3) Agree Bills need playmakers. Agree Davis had his chance. I don't wanna see a Davis WR2 rerun. 

• Disagree 1

Amazing how many posters believe spending premium assets AND cap space for an offensive "weapon" who REQUIRES a heavy volume-based rushing attack to eventually have successful runs in the 2nd halves of games. Is THAT the direction you want the Bills to move their offensive approach? 

Henry's backups have had impressive relative success with their limited reps the last couple seasons. While Henry is a unique specimen, it's obvious that he has to date been put in the best possible positions to succeed, with respect to offensive play-calling, scheme, and personnel. Acquiring him for the Bills would put fascinating emphasis on Dorsey and Kromer's gameplans and play-calling. It WOULD force them to try and best synchronize the wide-zone running schemes McDermott has sought since his hiring with the existing E-P passing schemes left over from Daboll. How they accomplish that will play a large part in their 2023 success, with or without a major RB acquisition. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

A player who needs no speculation and who can seriously arouse higher team expectations in the short term.

A rare case of a sensible player clamoring thread, not the innumerable ‘as I see it’ types posted ad nauseam.

This is called a: word salad. ONE rational claim (that Henry is a known, reliable commodity) is buried within an unnecessarily verbose and obscured post, thereby raising logical red flags for all reasonable participants. 

4 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

This seriously reads as if ChatGPT wrote it.

100%

3 hours ago, I am the egg man said:

So you chat with A.I. enough to be assessing such speak.

Guess that means you’ll never chat alone. 

Your are welcome.

This quoted response does NOTHING to convince us of the autonomous, human origins of "your" prior post. 

16 hours ago, H2o said:

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-titans-shopping-derrick-henry-162920605.html

Would anyone here want him, and what would you trade to get him if so? This is a tough one for me. 

Jeez, no. He'll cost too much.

Great player, but we don't have the un-needed resources to get him, on the trade side or the salary side for a guy who would be a one-year rental for $10.5M or else a major drag on the cap for a major last contract for Henry, for a team that will throw the ball among the highest percentages in the league.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Agree 1

Rushing leader 

remember waaaaay back last week when this forum talked about a “tougher team”. Testosterone Bros in here got all excited “tougher”. Then “our Buffalo (*****) weather is an advantage” but wasn’t. 

Well…..

imagine defending Henry+Josh?

it would be epic. Instantly tougher, weather, balanced (offense) and complimentary ball (defense)

Edited by Since1981
  • Like (+1) 1

Of concern to me is that he is the face of the Titans much the same way Josh is the face of the Bills. He is their entire offense. If they are planning to trade him the writing is on the wall imo. Wasnt it only 2yrs ago they were the #1 seed. The Titans know he doesn’t have much left. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.