The Titans Are Shopping Henry

H2o

https://sports.yahoo.com/report-titans-shopping-derrick-henry-162920605.html

Titans running back Derrick Henry could be on the way out in Tennessee.

The Titans have been shopping Henry, according to Michael Silver of BallySports.com.

Would anyone here want him, and what would you trade to get him if so? This is a tough one for me. 

• Vomit 3
  • Dislike 3

6 minutes ago, wppete said:

How much would it cost us in a trade for him? A 3rd or 4th round pick??? I’d do it for that price. 

I'd definitely throw a 4th out there for a guy with his pedigree, and is coming off of another 1,500 yd+ campaign. 

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He may not expect it, but I wouldn't rule us out. This would open up more in the offense imo. 

• Like (+1) 1

A player who needs no speculation and who can seriously arouse higher team expectations in the short term.

A rare case of a sensible player clamoring thread, not the innumerable ‘as I see it’ types posted ad nauseam.

Can you imagine short yardage....

Henry or Allen? Pick your poison!

I just hope that IF this happens we pace the man so that he's fresh and ready for January football in Buffalo. Play him the minimum amount needed to win games in September, October and November. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Not sure we have or can make $10.5 million base salary for a running back and still fill the other holes on the O-line, MLB, etc.

If we had $30 million cap room now, sure. But we don't.

We could cut Hines or trade him and save $4.5.

Henry would be an exciting add, but I don't know that it makes sense.  RB is the easiest position to acclimate too, so I would think if there was a hole that the Bills would be comfortable with youth from the draft at it would be RB.  

Someone suggested we trade Oliver, and I do think trading Oliver in general makes sense as I have a hard time seeing us pay up to keep him next year.  But I don't think trading Oliver for a short term option at RB makes sense, I would think Beane would rather get draft assets that can infuse youth and longer term players into the roster.  

The other things to consider here are that Henry wasn't nearly as effective before Titans built up their OL into one of the best.  And our OL needs a lot of work, so not sure Henry just walks in and plays at the same level here unless we can significantly improve the OL, which acquiring Henry might limit our ability to do so.  Then you have the mileage and high use of him combined with his age.  I think about guys like Shaun Alexander who just instantly fell off a cliff earlier than expected thanks to the power run style and high use rate.  

Would I be excited if Henry was a Bill...sure...do I think it would happen, doubtful.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.