The Titans Are Shopping Henry

H2o

11 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

If we aren’t planning to give him 15-20 touches a game..he would be wasted. 

This.

You don't pay that much for a situational back. Henry is a bellcow and he gets better as the game goes on. He's also not a passing back, which means he is either a blocker or a runner. With Josh Allen, I don't think this makes sense. Austin Ekeler? Different story.

18 minutes ago, foreboding said:

This.

You don't pay that much for a situational back. Henry is a bellcow and he gets better as the game goes on. He's also not a passing back, which means he is either a blocker or a runner. With Josh Allen, I don't think this makes sense. Austin Ekeler? Different story.

Henry has gotten better at receiving out of the backfield.  He suffered from bad QB play in TN.  Get him on a little swing out of the backfield with a full head of steam and watch some corner (RIP Josh Norman) try to stop him

12 hours ago, GimmeSomeProcess said:

This is not true, at least compared to last year. He was more of a dominate runner early in games. And you know what would help him out even more? Running against light boxes like he would here.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/2061188/derrick-henry/splits/

His career numbers don't bear that out.

2 hours ago, NastyNateSoldiers said:

I actually seen Henry on multiple occasions rip threw defenses with 4 offensive lineman missing from the starting lineup on top of that he’s facing 8/9 man boxes . Playing for the Bills he will go off we would be unstoppable and probably punt less then once per game for a full season. 

Then why has his YPC significantly declined for the past 2 seasons?  He went from 5.0 to 4.3 once his OL started declining.  

2 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Then why has his YPC significantly declined for the past 2 seasons?  He went from 5.0 to 4.3 once his OL started declining.  

I’m not saying he’s Oline proof but he has had humongous games with multiple lineman out and horrific QB play. He would be an absolute monster playing next to Josh. 

4 minutes ago, boyst said:

I can't believe people think this is something that can easily happen. I'd do it if he agreed to rework his deal to a 3 yr deal spreading out the $10mm w/3rd year voidable.

Easily? No.  But, agreed.... he could certainly be extended to make it work.  

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Because no one in the league is concerned about Tannehill or anyone else taking snaps at QB for them.... especially when they have no WR's 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The Bills had an actual run game…

Nah. Yes to Hopkins. Henry does nothing but take the ball out of Allen’s hands.

Or give Allen huge lanes to throw through from play action🔥 Not to mention Allen would have more running lanes off play action too!

Edited by TheBeaneBandit
  • Like (+1) 1

On 3/6/2023 at 4:43 PM, John from Riverside said:

How about we improve our offensive line to the point where running backs look like Derrick, Henry when they run

Improve the line that much and Henry would look like Jim Brown. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.