The Titans Are Shopping Henry

H2o

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Henry would be an exciting add, but I don't know that it makes sense.  RB is the easiest position to acclimate too, so I would think if there was a hole that the Bills would be comfortable with youth from the draft at it would be RB.  

Someone suggested we trade Oliver, and I do think trading Oliver in general makes sense as I have a hard time seeing us pay up to keep him next year.  But I don't think trading Oliver for a short term option at RB makes sense, I would think Beane would rather get draft assets that can infuse youth and longer term players into the roster.  

The other things to consider here are that Henry wasn't nearly as effective before Titans built up their OL into one of the best.  And our OL needs a lot of work, so not sure Henry just walks in and plays at the same level here unless we can significantly improve the OL, which acquiring Henry might limit our ability to do so.  Then you have the mileage and high use of him combined with his age.  I think about guys like Shaun Alexander who just instantly fell off a cliff earlier than expected thanks to the power run style and high use rate.  

Would I be excited if Henry was a Bill...sure...do I think it would happen, doubtful.  

Sure it does. Oliver isn't that good and as you saw in the SuperBowl playing defense is pointless.  They need multiple weapons on defense and it would not be a long term commitment.  

Makes perfect sense. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

He’s basically a one year rental at 16 million if I read correctly. 
Oliver and a 6th for Henry 🤷 

His base salary is 10.5 million which is what the Bills would pay him.

When you hear "cap hit"; it means all salary and all bonus dollars, combined.

Bills aren't responsible for bonus money that was paid up front but has to be accounted for and is spread across the length of the contract ("amortized").

Ando, if you trade Oliver that's just more cap trouble for the Titans. Are you paying attention? Thats why they are willing to trade Henry.

Edited by Herb Nightly

4 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

His base salary is 10.5 million which is what the Bills would pay him.

When you hear "cap hit"; it means all salary and all bonus dollars, combined.

Bills aren't responsible for bonus money that was paid up front but has to be accounted for and is spread across the length of the contract ("amortized").

Ando, if you trade Oliver that's just more cap trouble for the Titans. Are you paying attention? Thats why they are willing to trade Henry.

Were you paying attention? The OP asked if us fans would want him and what would we give for him. 
I threw out some random scenario with Oliver based on similar salaries. Not sure we need to get into the full technicals of a potential deal or what Tennessee wants in return

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Sure it does. Oliver isn't that good and as you saw in the SuperBowl playing defense is pointless.  They need multiple weapons on defense and it would not be a long term commitment.  

Makes perfect sense. 

You missed my reason as to why I said that

39 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

One year rental. Who cares long term

Why would you want a 1 year rental?  This idea that a team just needs to go "all in" and "mortgage the future" to try to win a championship is flawed, in my opinion.  You can't predict injuries or bad breaks - just look at last season.  This team, unless they lose significant pieces without replacing them with somewhat equivalent pieces, is good enough to be "in the mix" to win a championship.  So are a number of other teams.  I think the chances of winning a championship are maximized by staying competitive for as long as you can - get as many opportunities as possible.

KC fixed their OL last year, but they shipped Tyreek Hill out.  That wasn't an "all in" move - it was a move towards long-term competitiveness.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You missed my reason as to why I said that

I read your posts and would still feel inclined to consider a trade involving Oliver. I think Henry is a back that will get his yards with almost any NFL caliber line. Not to say it doesn't influence things, but he is still enough of a specimen/freak talent that he will get his yards. You don't want the guy more than a max of one or two years because he just can't keep this up the way he plays. All of which is fine because we are trading a departing asset for another departing asset. Immediate return is all that matters. We have nearly zero physicality outside Knox and our QB, adding Henry would immediately provide this dimension. It's a one year + trade, who makes us better? Then after next season they both are likely off the payroll again. Henry in landslide against Oliver. That said, I don't know if Henry would be down for a trade to a one year and done nor one of our conference rivals. 

Edited by KzooMike

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

the Chiefs have

Totally revamped their line

Drafted a seventh round, running back out of Rutgers

Pacheco did well. He ran for 872 yards. No one in the world would confuse his performance with Henrys though. 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Pacheco did well. He ran for 872 yards. No one in the world would confuse his performance with Henrys though. 

OK so I’m gonna try to explain this

Henry has those stats because he gets that ball a ton

On a bills team, Henry would not get the same amount of carries

Same Pacheco, because Mahomes is gonna have the ball in his hands of Time Pacheco is not going to get the same amount of carries

It’s a bad scheme fit for the amount of money that it would cost. We are better off drastically improving our line which disseminates out to other aspects of the office instead of signing a high priced running back

The only way that I look at this differently is if somehow we got Bijan Robinson because we are getting him young and he would be with us for a while total value pick

Other than that, we drafted a running back in the second round last year, who really came on, and we can find a inexpensive pounder to pair with him in free agency or the draft

There’s just so many other ways to go with those resources

Edited by John from Riverside

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.