Rate all of Beane's draft picks

Einstein

8 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

The Bills organization has not drafted an elite or even great WR since 1996, picking Eric Moulds.  Think about that, 27 years. Sammy was a bust. We picked a few 2nd and 3rd rounders who didn't stick.  We're probably only getting 2 more years out of Diggs.  Beane has to nail a great wr in this draft.  Either 1st round or a "diamond in the rough" day 2.  Giving Josh only Stefon is criminal. 

Definitely true. But you don’t just wake up and become a draft guru all of a sudden. His draft record over 5 years is disastrous. His track record suggests another disappointing draft. 

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, ngbills said:

KC drafted a superior player in Karlaftis at the same spot this year and he is already better than our pick at the same spot last year in Rousseau.

KC drafted a CB before us in the 1st and one in the 7th. Both are better than our CB taken in the first.

KC drafted a RB in the 7th that is better than the one we took in the 2nd. 

KC drafted the better LB later in the 3rd than us. 

yes and I 100% believe we wanted McDuffie (who KC took) but Beane was shy on moving up.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Nope. 

Ed is a disaster because the Bills needed a superstar in that spot.

Bengals drafted Burrow, Higgins, Chase, Carman in their two crappy seasons in the first and second.  The Bills drafted Allen, Edmunds, Oliver, Ford in their two crappy seasons in the first and second.

They hit on 3 stars.  We hit on 1.

That's why Beane's presser was so embarrassing lol.

Edited by FireChans
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Knox isn't average. If they actually used him, could be a real weapon 

They had to use him to block because Beane assumed Brown would be adequate at RT and he wasn't. So two positions were impacted by Beane's misjudgment. Arguably more, since with Knox blocking instead of running routes, teams could take Diggs out of the game with impunity. A cascade effect. 

58 minutes ago, wppete said:

Definitely true. But you don’t just wake up and become a draft guru all of a sudden. His draft record over 5 years is disastrous. His track record suggests another disappointing draft. 

47 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

He needs to hire some new scouts.. He's been brutal and you could probably pick random TBD members who would have done a much better job..

Every GM needs great scouts and a little luck.  And besides Josh, we're failing on a majority of these picks since 2018.  We don't have that luxury.  Find better scouts. Incentivize them better based on how well their suggestions perform.  I don't know what the answer is but some of these picks look like someone's drunk.  

• Like (+1) 5

This type of evaluation exercise is limited at best and perhaps worthless. I would think the selection of scouts, the creation of the Draft Board, other draftees available at the time of selection, and the influence of the owner and perhaps head coach have as much weight, if not more in grading a GM.

10 hours ago, Einstein said:

Players in red are gone or are presumed to be gone (example: Edmunds is testing free agency and is expected to get way more than the Bills can pay). Also didn't include 2022 picks since its too early to rate them.

How do you rate the rest of the draft picks? Here are my ratings:

Allen - elite

Edmunds 

Phillips

Teller 

Mccloud 

T Johnson - good

Proehl 

Oliver - average

Ford 

Singletary 

Knox - average

Joseph 

J Johnson - bad

D Johnson

Sweeney  

Epenesa - backup quality

Moss

Davis - average

Fromm

Bass - good

Hodgins

D Jackson - average (I'm not as down on Dane as some of you)

Rousseau - average

Basham - backup quality

Brown - backup quality

Doyle - backup

Stevenson

Hamlin - backup quality

Wildgoose

Anderson

He landed a top 3 QB in the NFL, He has my vote for awhile. He landed Poyer, Hyde, Morse, McCoy in free agency and  traded for Diggs. Also no way is Greg Rousseau or Dawson Knox Average, both are quality starters imo. 

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel2014 said:

He landed a top 3 QB in the NFL, He has my vote for awhile. He landed Poyer, Hyde, Morse, McCoy in free agency and  traded for Diggs. Also no way is Greg Rousseau or Dawson Knox Average, both are quality starters imo. 

Doug Whaley was the GM for Poyer and Hyde not Beane.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.