Allen will NOT need surgery on elbow

Big Blitz

I know there was some concern with this.  

Bills' Josh Allen won't need elbow surgery, on track for 2023 season, per report

Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen will not need surgery after battling through a significant injury to his right elbow during the second half of the 2022 season, and is on track to be healthy for the 2023 season, per an NFL Media report.

Allen suffered the injury in the loss against the Jets on Nov. 6 and downplayed the injury at the time. Doctors are confident that the rest has been beneficial for the quarterback and has made great progress in the recovery. Allen had to wear a brace for multiple games due to the injury.

The 26-year-old did not reinjure the elbow during the remainder of the season, which was more good news that he would not require surgery and could finish the recovery in the offseason. 

Last month, Allen said the initial prognosis from the doctors "wasn't too optimistic about me playing" for two to four weeks. He got a platelet-rich plasma injection to help with the recovery. 

This is not Allen's first elbow injury, as he also suffered a UCL sprain during his rookie season causing him to miss four games. The current injury is less significant than the UCL sprain.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-josh-allen-wont-need-elbow-surgery-on-track-for-2023-season-per-report/

Zero doubt this impacted every part of his game - even just comfort in the pocket.  

• Like (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

Bills' Josh Allen won't need elbow surgery, on track for 2023 season, per report

Buffalo Bills quarterback Josh Allen will not need surgery after battling through a significant injury to his right elbow during the second half of the 2022 season, and is on track to be healthy for the 2023 season, per an NFL Media report.

Allen suffered the injury in the loss against the Jets on Nov. 6 and downplayed the injury at the time. Doctors are confident that the rest has been beneficial for the quarterback and has made great progress in the recovery. Allen had to wear a brace for multiple games due to the injury.

The 26-year-old did not reinjure the elbow during the remainder of the season, which was more good news that he would not require surgery and could finish the recovery in the offseason. 

Last month, Allen said the initial prognosis from the doctors "wasn't too optimistic about me playing" for two to four weeks. He got a platelet-rich plasma injection to help with the recovery. 

This is not Allen's first elbow injury, as he also suffered a UCL sprain during his rookie season causing him to miss four games. The current injury is less significant than the UCL sprain.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/bills-josh-allen-wont-need-elbow-surgery-on-track-for-2023-season-per-report/

Zero doubt this impacted every part of his game - even just comfort in the pocket.  

Which is very good news.  I was dreading reading the out of the blue headlines like we had with Von's surgery about Josh undergoing surgery and how he will miss significant time next season.

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Shanna must have owed them some content or something.

At this point who thought that was an option?

He's been playing golf for 3 weeks.........you don't suppose he'd have had the procedure by now if it was needed?

The media content from SB week is the biggest garbage dump of the sports year but this is even super random by those standards.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

I know he is an amazing competitor and we are so fortunate that he is with the red white and blue but they should have sat him a couple games in hindsight. I was kinda hoping he didn’t play in the MN game as just watching how that injury happened and his history, it looked like something was up. Oh well, get better Josh. 

• Like (+1) 1

The injury wasn't as significant as the UCL sprain that sidelined Allen for four games during his rookie season, and he somehow didn't miss a start in 2022. But the combination of soreness and the brace bothered Allen and impacted his mechanics, making it difficult to execute certain throws the way he was accustomated to and disrupting the rhythm of one of the NFL's most prolific offenses.

Allen definitely became noticeably less accurate on short to intermediate throws from the Vikings game on. Driving the ball was not a problem, but placing the ball was.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Shanna must have owed them some content or something.

At this point who thought that was an option?

He's been playing golf for 3 weeks.........you don't suppose he'd have had the procedure by now if it was needed?

The media content from SB week is the biggest garbage dump of the sports year but this is even super random by those standards.

I'm with you, but there were a bunch of them tweaking out in the "josh is playing golf" thread from last week 😃

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.