Tomlin the diva WR enabler?

benderbender

3 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

This is old, old news.

I was waiting for the part where he says “so Mitch got a knuckle sammich.”

But I like that they interviewed the puncher and he says he’s good with it. Probably felt great. 😆

Edited by benderbender
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

One member of the family per team is more than enough. The brothers play the same way, just different positions and body types.

Is that a complement, or a condemnation?  Around here, that depends on who you talk to. I still haven't figured out if Tremaine Edmunds is a Pro Bowler, or should be bowling in a beer league and working at Chevy River Road. 🤔

Well, whatever you want to say but Pittsburgh has a very long track record of drafting productive WR's in the NFL...literally almost everyone they draft at WR turns out to be a good player...

As a Bills fan I would probably not be throwing stones at their WR drafting skills.

9 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Is that a complement, or a condemnation?  Around here, that depends on who you talk to. I still haven't figured out if Tremaine Edmunds is a Pro Bowler, or should be bowling in a beer league and working at Chevy River Road. 🤔

Well, if we had two of them, there would always be someone to yell at and someone to admire. 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Tomlin doesn't over regulate his locker room. Never has. It has its pros and cons.

You can't micromanage superstars. You shouldn't even micromanage GOOD talent. Those who need constant management and reinforcement benefit more when it comes from their colleagues, anyways. Horizontal buy-in. Marv Levy knew what he had in his (kinda dooshy) team back in the day (they were probably just too ungovernable). Andy Reid understands who he's dealing with. Et cetera. Success is the best team-builder.

Tomlin is pretty good at it, given some of the WRs he's had to "govern" since the real winning subsided.

Luckily for Trubisky, the Bills never gave him a chance to throw to his WRs at all...

9 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

You can't micromanage superstars. You shouldn't even micromanage GOOD talent. Those who need constant management and reinforcement benefit more when it comes from their colleagues, anyways. Horizontal buy-in. Marv Levy knew what he had in his (kinda dooshy) team back in the day (they were probably just too ungovernable). Andy Reid understands who he's dealing with. Et cetera. Success is the best team-builder.

Tomlin is pretty good at it, given some of the WRs he's had to "govern" since the real winning subsided.

Is frowning on WRs punching your QB really considered micromanaging these days? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.