Chad Hall leaves for Jags

Dablitzkrieg

18 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

There's no quicker path in Jacksonville to OC is the point.

Eric Bienemy, is that you? Doing a good job at the same position elsewhere tends to be a good way to increase your opportunities. You become known to a different group of people and you prove you can do it again somewhere else. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Malazan said:

Eric Bienemy, is that you? Doing a good job at the same position elsewhere tends to be a good way to increase your opportunities. You become known to a different group of people and you prove you can do it again somewhere else. 

This offense just made Brian Daboll into NFL Coach of the Year. Bad comparison.

• Vomit 1

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

That was an issue.  Too much of a friend to these young WR.  Did Davis, Shakir, and McKenzie improve their mental mistakes throughout the year?  He wasn't hard enough on these guys.  They needed to know that the constant mental errors would not be tolerated. 

Didn’t Josh, after Beasley returned, say something to the effect that there were concepts we didn’t run this year because nobody besides Beasley (who is in the autumn of his career) could run them?  Not a good look for Hall, and maybe for Beane.  But it may explain part of the thinking in not renewing/extending Hall. 

• Like (+1) 2

Are people seriously upset a position coach is moving on, especially a coach of a unit that drastically underperformed all year outside of Diggs? It really gets unbelievable how it's all doom and gloom around here when someone moves on. First thought is always there must be trouble in paradise, front office sucks, other coaches hate McD, etc. The guy's contract was up, McD saw no sense in rehiring the guy after a pretty dismal year for the unit, pretty simple. Happy he has a new job and isn't out of work.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, buffblue said:

I know he is well regarded, but hasn't the performance of our receivers besides Diggs been considered underwhelming?Coaching would seem to play a part in that imo

I think we’ve gotten more out of our WRs than we should’ve expected. No one, even Diggs was a highly drafted WR. A bunch of 3rd round or lower guys.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 1

If Brian Hartline can be pulled away from Ohio State he would be a huge get.  The Bills are going to have to get creative on this one unless they just hire from within.  

A couple names to look out for:

Thad Lewis

Mickey Joseph

Scott Turner- Ever present Carolina connection here.

Klint Kubiak

Cortez Hankton

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

No one will ever admit this is going to be a massive deal - always has been.  

All the more urgency to not waste a single Allen season.  

It’s definitely a big consideration. I was at the 2019 draft in Nashville and somehow weaseled VIP tickets, which was same access as players and their family. I had had a few pops and was chatting people up. Turns out I was taking to Christian Wilkins friends and family. I said, hey, good chance he lands in Buffalo tonight. They said, yeah, but he wants to go to Miami. I asked why, and they said all he cares about is making the most money and he would lose a ton of his salary playing in New York. It’s an unspoken that having a good team papers over now, but it’s still a huge disadvantage for us. 

Chad’s sister and her family live in Georgia FWIW. Met them in Nashville ironically too- the MNF game. Great people. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Jamie Nails said:

It’s definitely a big consideration. I was at the 2019 draft in Nashville and somehow weaseled VIP tickets, which was same access as players and their family. I had had a few pops and was chatting people up. Turns out I was taking to Christian Wilkins friends and family. I said, hey, good chance he lands in Buffalo tonight. They said, yeah, but he wants to go to Miami. I asked why, and they said all he cares about is making the most money and he would lose a ton of his salary playing in New York. It’s an unspoken that having a good team papers over now, but it’s still a huge disadvantage for us. 

Chad’s sister and her family live in Georgia FWIW. Met them in Nashville ironically too- the MNF game. Great people. 

I never understood why this isn’t fixed by the NFL. There should be some sort of cap adjustment for teams in states with higher taxes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

This offense just made Brian Daboll into NFL Coach of the Year. Bad comparison.

What? Daboll wasn't a part of this offense this season. He is the HC of Giants...

Regardless of that bit of insanity..

Hall is likely NOT NEXT IN LINE TO BE OC OF THE BILLS. So expanding his network of contacts and showing his skills elsewhere is likely to increase his prospects of becoming an OC somewhere.

How someone can fail to grasp that expanding your contacts in your profession increases your chances at getting a better job is mind boggling. 

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If Brian Hartline can be pulled away from Ohio State he would be a huge get.  The Bills are going to have to get creative on this one unless they just hire from within.  

A couple names to look out for:

Thad Lewis

Mickey Joseph

Scott Turner- Ever present Carolina connection here.

Klint Kubiak

Cortez Hankton

is it....that Thad Lewis?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.