Chad Hall leaves for Jags

Dablitzkrieg

5 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

So the WR coach is the whipping boy for the Hodges debacle?  I’m sure the next coach will be promoted from within like the towel boy or someone else very unqualified but liked by McD. 

Look at the 13 second tragedy, paid for with the head of the....special teams coach?

And then in a year of nothing but injuries to our safety corps, they fire the safeties coach?

This is how McDermott rolls.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

21 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

We can be certain that he either wanted to leave or they didn’t want him to stay. 

It could just as well have been a mutual decision too. There were many factors to consider for both sides. It might not be just one side or one reason that caused the parting of ways.

2 hours ago, Pine Barrens Mafia said:

Or maybe he saw the team wasn't interested in WR talent when there's average DL to be drafted 

This is the most disquieting reason I can think for his leaving.  And the evidence supports that the Bills aren't all that interested in amusing WR talent.  With the exception of Diggs this organization has been Dollar Store shopping for WR's since day one of the Allen era.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, BobbyC81 said:

Here’s the thing though.  States that don’t have state income tax, get their money from real estate tax.  Unless a player plans to rent, he’s likely going to buy a mansion so will pay taxes anyways.

There are many, many different possible sources of revenue, of which real estate taxes is just one. We lived in Florida for many years where the design was to tax tourists and part time residents as much as possible to relieve the burden on full time residents. They do that with gas taxes, sales tax, bed tax on hotels and short term rentals, etc. They also reduce the impact of real estate taxes by allowing you to homestead the residence of “full time” residents (6 months and a day minimum) so your property taxes can only go up 2-3% annually so you don’t get taxed out of your home. 

A little quick math tells me a moderate priced player ($3 mil/year) will pay about $180k in GA state taxes. The property taxes on a multimillion dollar house will be just a very small fraction of that. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/10/2023 at 9:36 AM, jletha said:

Interesting that this is a lateral move. By all accounts he was well liked in Buffalo. I wonder if he wanted out or if we werent overly interested in having him return.

Either way maybe itll be a change for the good since our WR development was lacking last season.

was it development or play calling and player selection. Bean did nothing to improve the room and cut arguably the 2-3rd best WR, while Dorsey’s play calling was abysmal.  Meanwhile one of the best offensive coaches takes Hall.  I put this down as a negative. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.