Old Buffalo Bills Message Board

14 hours ago, Floridagatorsbuffalobills said:

Hey all,

So I use to be a regular on the old official Bills message board when they had the message board on their actual website. They shut it down after the Pegulas took over and my message board days ended, but after that Bengals game I had to start looking for places to vent.

Just curious if anyone in here was a regular on that board?

I was - I am OG. that was a great board as well. 

that was the only bills board i was never an active poster on.

bills range, bills zone (i think range came first, and zone and TBD broke off of them, but it's hazy) really did get nuts!

the job johnson flutie wars lasted for years.  god we had an awful awful team for so long.

53 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

I liked BBMB. I think the mods were less emotional over there. 

As long as you followed the rules they wouldnt bust your chops.

Here....another story. 

I think you have this wrong.  I was a mod on BBMB, and the Bills wouldn't give us authority to deal with the bad actors.  As a result, there were days when it was pretty chaotic, and there was a lot of misbehavior.   People said a lot of nasty stuff to each other.  

Moderating isn't easy, and the moderation here isn't perfect, but the mods here have authority and exercise it in ways that keep the place civil and keep the conversations going and on point.   You can tell the moderation here is good because (1) there's active discussion and (2) people aren't leaving.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Me too, over there I was known as "Flea".  I enjoyed those boards and actually miss them.  I preferred the less moderation, but that's me.  I am also not a fan of all the threads being merged.  Like some posters have said, you end up with oodles of pages that are hard to scroll through.  Then you get multiple people saying the same thing over and over and over because no one actually reads through the pages.

But like I said, that's just me.  I'm here now and it is what it is.

27 minutes ago, Shaw66 said:

and (2) people aren't leaving.  

There was actually a 10+ page long thread a month or so ago about people saying they were leaving because of mod actions. I stuck up for the mods in that thread but there were definitely people upset about something or another.

I honestly think the moderating here is pretty darn good. My only concern with the mods is the mass-merging. They merge everything lol. Just last week a mod merged a guys post about a really cool Bills mural into a thread about jerseys. It is so odd and random haha.

1 hour ago, colin said:

that was the only bills board i was never an active poster on.

bills range, bills zone (i think range came first, and zone and TBD broke off of them, but it's hazy) really did get nuts!

the job johnson flutie wars lasted for years.  god we had an awful awful team for so long.

Buffalo Range was THE message board back in the day. Thousands of active members, contests, ticket giveaways, etc. It was incredible.

Sal Cappaccio (Bills reporter) actually started on the Buffalo Range. He posted there for like a decade, then started doing mini-shows in his basement in Florida, then he got the members of the forum to petition WGR to hire him, and the rest is history.

But the owner of that place (Rick) was not a great guy sometimes and just ruined the place. Its a shell of what it once was. Two Bills Drive blows it out of the water now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I'm a BBMB transplant. (Same username, same profile pic.) When it disappeared, I looked at several other message boards and liked this one the most, so I signed up. Since moving over here, I've found that TBD has a much better signal-to-noise ratio than BBMB.

Edited by WhoTom
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Floridagatorsbuffalobills said:

Hey all,

So I use to be a regular on the old official Bills message board when they had the message board on their actual website. They shut it down after the Pegulas took over and my message board days ended, but after that Bengals game I had to start looking for places to vent.

No. None of us.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Shaw66 said:

I think you have this wrong.  I was a mod on BBMB, and the Bills wouldn't give us authority to deal with the bad actors.  As a result, there were days when it was pretty chaotic, and there was a lot of misbehavior.   People said a lot of nasty stuff to each other.  

Moderating isn't easy, and the moderation here isn't perfect, but the mods here have authority and exercise it in ways that keep the place civil and keep the conversations going and on point.   You can tell the moderation here is good because (1) there's active discussion and (2) people aren't leaving.  

I think you guys also had a real tough time defending a franchise that had struggled for many years.

BBMB had inside connections that leaked sensative Bills intel. Myself personally, this is what brought the house down in my humble opinion.

Edited by Figster

16 hours ago, Floridagatorsbuffalobills said:

Hey all,

Welcome! if you mean the billsdaily com stuff, I was there, but for me it was more an news article / summary venue than a true message board like this, so I don't miss it much, IMHO

I was there. 

Goganious, then Logic.

Toward the end, it got really out of hand. 

Still, my hands can still type "boards.buffalobills.com" into the URL box incredibly quickly. I spent farrrrrr too many hours on that forum. 

Then there was the "but" forum. 

3 hours ago, teef said:

the ***** you don't.

i haven't read through this so i'm not sure if it was menntioned, but that savioredwards character...he's here and i think was recently banned as filthybeast.  he's always around.

Oh wait, it's all coming back now...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.