Titans hire Ran Carthon as GM

NewEra

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

More comp picks for SF-  Demeco Ryan is gonna give them even more.  The incentive to hire minorities is real. 

Not an incentive for the team hiring them, but that team gets funding from the NFL towards the coaches salary for two years.

Not sure how much they are given.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

Ya know, apart from these guys being really qualified.

It's disgusting that a sweetener has to exist.

Yah, but the team hiring minorities isn’t getting anything for hiring them- which is kind of confusing…

Even though I’m against the whole compensation aspect, if you are going to do it, wouldn’t you want to incentivize teams to hire minorities instead of getting rid of them?

The way the current system is set up, I’ll be the first to pop the bubbly when Leslie Frazier gets hired somewhere…Whereas, if it was the other way around, I would be sad to see him go…

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Yah, but the team hiring minorities isn’t getting anything for hiring them- which is kind of confusing…

Even though I’m against the whole compensation aspect, if you are going to do it, wouldn’t you want to incentivize teams to hire minorities instead of getting rid of them?

The way the current system is set up, I’ll be the first to pop the bubbly when Leslie Frazier gets hired somewhere…Whereas, if it was the other way around, I would be sad to see him go…

It incentivizes building your pipeline with young people, investing in them, and then seeing that investment returned to you in the future when they move to a higher position somewhere else.  In the meantime you are benefitting from their talent. 

It's cynical to think about it, but if you made it the other way around you give a team a direct incentive to fire someone. This way you're incentivized to keep and develop people for when other people hire them away.  If you're trying to increase the size of the pool this is a good way to do it IMO.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

It incentivizes building your pipeline with young people, investing in them, and then seeing that investment returned to you in the future when they move to a higher position somewhere else.  In the meantime you are benefitting from their talent. 

It's cynical to think about it, but if you made it the other way around you give a team a direct incentive to fire someone. This way you're incentivized to keep and develop people for when other people hire them away.  If you're trying to increase the size of the pool this is a good way to do it IMO.

Perfectly stated 

26 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

From your thumbs to the NFL’s New England comp picks committee!

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bn1xsthfewdjdkszxhg

Name of game? Not Abacus? If so please enlighten. Thank you.

Hey? This a sideways abacus? Can’t keep up with technology.

Edited by I am the egg man
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

All of this. And the argument teams were making to the league when the idea of comp picks was floated was "we are not refusing to hire minorities there just are not enough qualified people." So improving the pipelines takes away that excuse. At the moment the pipeline of minority coaches on offense remains an issue though. In a world where everyone wants to hire offense. 

I'm not sure people understand the word incentivize. The team hiring a minority GM or HC is not incentivized. It is the team that developed that candidate such that they could eventually earn a GM or HC position, that is incentized to do so. Rewarded is probably a better term anyways. It would seem very unlikely a team would put a minority in a high ranking position only to hope they get signed by another team so they could get a 3rd round pick. 

5 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

From your thumbs to the NFL’s New England comp picks committee!

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bn1xsthfewdjdkszxhg

That was the Bills Accounting Department a few years back.  One side is credits, the other side is debits.  When the sliding stopped, Ralph knew if it was a good or bad week.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.