NFL greed and when will you turn it off?

Back2Buff

The amount of commercials and the length of commercial breaks is so ridiculous at this point, it has killed the game.  An NFL game should never be 4 hours.  You are talking about 1 hour of clock time, and maybe 11 mins of actual game play.

The NFL knows there will be breaks for injuries and reviews, they should not be taking 5 mins commercials after a 1 min drive.  Over and over again, 1 min will come off the clock, and after a punt, there is 5 mins of commercials.

I rarely watch prime time NFL games because I hate all the stoppages.  On Sundays they have red zone and you pretty much avoid this nonsense.

It has become a chore to watch the Bills play exclusively, and at some point, it's just too boring to continue.

At least you have players making over 40 million a year.  Props to the NFL for continuing to increase the cash flow, while selling a worse product.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 6
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 4

It is because of this situation that I only watch Bills games with friends, and despite the closeness of the game I stopped watching after the 3rd quarter yesterday and just assumed the Bills would win.

The NFL knows what it is doing, and assumes most folks are far too addicted to their product to quit. Therefore they will keep watering down the product, knowing that their monopoly on winter football ensures that enough watchers will be retained to maintain their profitability. :)

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

I start watching at halftime, then fast forward through the commercials. Will usually catch up to the live broadcast deep into the 4th quarter. If you're not excited to watch the Bills in the 4th quarter, you're not a fan, but just a spectator.

No changes will help, you'll just find something else to complain about. You just want an excuse to tell your friends why you stopped watching football. I have a friend like this.... he only watches because of the parties and uses your excuse frequently. We usually have to keep him up to date on news. (like Damar), otherwise he is clueless.

Edited by unbillievable
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

31 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

The amount of commercials and the length of commercial breaks is so ridiculous at this point, it has killed the game.  An NFL game should never be 4 hours.  You are talking about 1 hour of clock time, and maybe 11 mins of actual game play.

The NFL knows there will be breaks for injuries and reviews, they should not be taking 5 mins commercials after a 1 min drive.  Over and over again, 1 min will come off the clock, and after a punt, there is 5 mins of commercials.

I rarely watch prime time NFL games because I hate all the stoppages.  On Sundays they have red zone and you pretty much avoid this nonsense.

It has become a chore to watch the Bills play exclusively, and at some point, it's just too boring to continue.

At least you have players making over 40 million a year.  Props to the NFL for continuing to increase the cash flow, while selling a worse product.

Dude most of us are using all the breaks get more food or take a potty break. Sometimes we use it to make fun at how bad that last drive was.. for us Patriot fans we used it to sober up after playing the “what stupid play will Patricia call” game where you take a shot after every dumb play he calls. Lol

seriously though the NFL is a company to make as much profit as they can, as soon as they see something costing them money they will cut it back. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Tony Romo is getting to be enough for me not to watch. I wish the radio broadcast wasn't a play ahead of the TV. I would much rather listen to Murph( praying for him) or Brownand Eric.

Just now, John Gianelli said:

Commercials: a great time to use the mute button, and get to those unread emails.

Or a good time for me to step out into the garage and cuss my brains out.

• Dislike 1

47 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

its brutal at times. Ideally they do 30 second timeouts for change of possessions and just do a split screen w the commercial. Major injuries obviously are okay for timeout. But everything else should only be a 30 second timeout and don’t leave the broadcast 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, nosejob said:

Tony Romo is getting to be enough for me not to watch. I wish the radio broadcast wasn't a play ahead of the TV. I would much rather listen to Murph( praying for him) or Brownand Eric.

Or a good time for me to step out into the garage and cuss my brains out.

I don't remember what the station is but there's a radio broadcast that is delayed a bit to match the TV broadcast

49 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

“It has become a chore to watch the bills.”

Football is meant to be enjoyable.  Once it’s not, it’s time to find something else to spend your time on. 

Nice knowing ya. We’ll take it from here

• Like (+1) 2

The amount of commercials are ridiculous and the playoffs make me realize how much I was spoiled by being able to go to red-zone during commercials.  Still not nearly enough to make me not watch, especially when the Bills are doing well.     No one is forcing us to watch the commercials.   Just find a backup show to watch.  Usually if another football game is not available, I'll go to a college basketball game.   The NFL despite its flaws is still the most enjoyable sport to me. 

Edited by dgrochester55

It’s more noticeable during the playoffs because there’re no other games on. During the season I just switch to 702 where all the games are shown and wait for the Bills game to come back on before switching back. 

On that note, does anyone else have the problem where it takes the AUDIO a minute or two to catch up when they switch to 702? Until it does, I cannot switch around from game to game. 

9 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Im at the point where I only watch Buffalo sports(Bills, Sabres, Bulls). Can't get into any other games. 

I gave up on football because fans are too dumb to know that they should start being loud while the other team is in the huddle, not just when they come to the line of scrimmage. 😂😂😂

• Haha (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.