We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

2 minutes ago, Caesar said:

We have seen both and the Ravens are better, no way they give up 31 to Dolphins at home with that QB they had.  

I think the Bills dline and linebackers will do well vs a terrible patchwork oline - but the Ravens are tough against 1st team olines.

The Ravens scored 13 and  lost to Kenny Pickett 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

True but their argument is if they beat the Bills they would've had the two seed.  Honestly, they have a point.

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. The game never occurred officially, so they couldn’t have won it. If the Bills had won it, they would be the #1 seed and not even playing the Bengals this weekend.

(for the record I was on team coinflip)

3 minutes ago, Caesar said:

We have seen both and the Ravens are better, no way they give up 31 to Dolphins at home with that QB they had.  

I think the Bills dline and linebackers will do well vs a terrible patchwork oline - but the Ravens are tough against 1st team olines.

Our offense and special team gave up points to the Dolphins, not our defense.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Caesar said:

Not since Roquan was picked up but yes the Bills D is good.  Ravens are not giving up 31 to Skylar and those Dolphins though.  But with Cincy having no oline the Oliver and company should have big games.

Did the bills give up 31 to Skylar?  Lol there was one pretty good offensive drive for Miami and the rest was all short fields/ a fumble six.  

3 total tds, one was a defensive score, one td drive started on the 18.

two of their fg drives started in very good field position due to bad special teams play/an interception.  Their offense hardly did anything  

that game was all about the boom or bust Miami defense 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Agree 4

Just now, Caesar said:

Full disclosure I only watched the 4th quarter but it seemed they gave up too many key plays in key situations... how about that?

And you're defense wasn't giving up key plays either. I mean come on you guys had a hard time stopping the ravens as well. 

Just now, DapperCam said:

If my aunt had balls she’d be my uncle. The game never occurred officially, so they couldn’t have won it. If the Bills had won it, they would be the #1 seed and not even playing the Bengals this weekend.

(for the record I was on team coinflip)

It took the destiny out of their hands just like it did for us getting the one seed.  We at least got the neutral site out of it.  They got zilch. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Sure checking the stats Bills finished the season better then Baltimore and nearly beat Cincy with their backup qb. 

And Ravens D is way better than Miami's as is their Oline and their backup QB is way better than the Dolphins 3rd stringer.

I think it would be stupid to use these games today as a measuring stick to compare.

I was definitely pulling for the Ravens - but in a way, this kind of challenge is more fun.

I certainly got VERY tired of the narrative on twitter & elsewhere that "the Bengals were on their way to winning that game" from a few weeks ago.  I could only conclude that most of those people haven't watched a full NFL season.

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

While I was rooting for the Ravens (and they certainly had their chances), there was no way we were getting out of this season without squaring off against the bengals. It’s destiny. 

Yeah that pretty much sums it up. Bills just need to win. Allen needs to prove he can win these games, and McDermott needs to prove he won't lose them.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BillzFreak said:

And you're defense wasn't giving up key plays either. I mean come on you guys had a hard time stopping the ravens as well. 

I never mentioned our Defense?  I was talking to the guy who thinks Buffalo has the 85 Bears...

Again their stats since Roquan was just shown today, best in the AFC.  You guys gave up 31 to a terrible QB at home and the Bengals totally sliced up that defense on MNF, cant do that to the Ravens.  I hate them and dont like defending them but heir defense has improved immensely.

If you watched the Bills game you would have seen that 7 of those points were from a defensive score and 3 scores were the results of short fields from turnovers and special teams mistakes.

Those are all reasons the Bills could lose next week, but hard to pin that on the defense.

• Thank you (+1) 1

And Ravens D is way better than Miami's as is their Oline and their backup QB is way better than the Dolphins 3rd stringer.

I think it would be stupid to use these games today as a measuring stick to compare.

Use same logic for Bills then. For reasons told you.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan