Derek Carr to Baltimore?

BuffaloDave55

7 minutes ago, BuffaloDave55 said:

With all the crap Lamar is pulling I would be surprised to see Baltimore and Lamar go their own ways.  He is not worth what he thinks he is.  Derek Carr would go to a team that would be a divisional contender.  

and continue to make his usual blunders at the most critical times !!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, BuffaloDave55 said:

With all the crap Lamar is pulling I would be surprised to see Baltimore and Lamar go their own ways.  He is not worth what he thinks he is.  Derek Carr would go to a team that would be a divisional contender.  

Never thought I'd see that, but now, maybe.

Lamar is really good, but the Cousins contract showed that even with a good QB you don't want to fully guarantee a contract.

Carr to Baltimore would be interesting.

Lamar's situation is why sometimes you really do need an agent. Not everyone, and not all the time. But sometimes and for some people.

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Lamar has teammates and writers calling him out for exaggerating his injury and not playing due to the contract. If true, who would want a player like that? Who would want a player that would skip a PLAYOFF game just to prove a point?

First I've heard of this... where did you see it?

18 minutes ago, T&C said:

First I've heard of this... where did you see it?

It's the fan theories on social media.

Worst case for his injury was supposed to still having him for the playoffs, but he isn't even practicing.

He's being called out by fans and had to address it by assuring them that he really is injured and not faking.

• Thank you (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, somnus00 said:

I just want any competent QBs to stay away from the Jets or Dolphins in the off-season.

I'll be surprised if the Jets don't bring in a vet like Carr or Jimmy G. Dolphins may move on from Tua due to concussions - or Brady.

Jimmy crack corn (we got Josh) and I don't care. 

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

Lamar is really good, but the Cousins contract showed that even with a good QB you don't want to fully guarantee a contract.

I actually think the Cousins contract has been good for both sides. But that is because the years on the guaranteed contracts have been short. The first one was 3 years, then 2 years and now 1 year. Neither party is committing long-term. The Vikings have willfully signed back up for Cousins to be there QB even after the original 3 year guaranteed deal ran out in 2020 so they must like what they are getting in return. 

My prediction was always that Lamar would be franchised tagged and get the similar treatment that Washington and Dallas gave Cousins and Dak respectively. But I thought he would be a Raven if he were franchise tagged. Now I'm not so sure he stays a Raven. But since he is set to be a FA this offseason, I guess the only way the Ravens can get something back in a trade would be if they franchise tag him. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.