Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

5 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Rather than move down for Dhop, I'd rather pay up to move up to get Quentin Johnston if he drops.  No contract, age/injury worries then

No contract, age/injury worries…..

only the worries that he’s not good

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, BillsSbSoon said:

The real kicker is gonna be if we lost out on Hopkins and then watch the chiefs trade up for a wr, just like they did right in front of us for a corner last year

And then have Beane draft Mazi Smith. They're going to run out of pitchforks . . . you know, at the pitchforks store.

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah it would be a fun experiment if they can get him cheap and Arizona eats a bunch of salary in 2023 so the Bills can rent him for a season and see how it goes.

But there are enough red flags between scheme and QB fit, age, injury and suspension history that I am fine missing him if the price ain't right.    Even if he goes to a competitor.   He's not a slam dunk fit.     

He also is a notorious practice/workout skipper.  The off-field fit here has always seemed odd, putting aside the questionable on-field fit.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Dr. Who said:

And then have Beane draft Mazi Smith. They're going to run out of pitchforks . . . you know, at the pitchforks store.

Pitchforks have been sold out in the greater Buffalo area for years.  They're going to have to settle for leaf rakes and shovels now.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

No contract, age/injury worries…..

only the worries that he’s not good

He's good for sure.  Is he an NFL'er?  That's an argument you can make for every single player in the draft.  It's worth no more or no less than is Dhop washed, injury prone, or not the same without PED.  The best argument to be made for Dhop is win now, not that Johnston might not be an NFL'er.

I thought after they signed OBJ the Ravens announced that they were not in the running for DHop (presumably because of the cap). This was in response to Lamar's alleged request for OBJ and DHop. So they were presumably assuming the hit they would take if they signed Lamar to some contract and on the basis of an efficient management of the cap.

I thought the Ravens might try and move up (if necessary) to land JSN in the draft. That's the guy who would be best for Lamar imo. Probably a better option than DHop all things considered. Maybe Baltimore revives their interest in DHop if they don't get their man tonight with Zona waiting to see how things shake out. The story has been discredited but it almost makes sense to me.

Edited by starrymessenger

Just now, Buffalo03 said:

There is no premier WR in this draft

Addison is about as elite as you're going to get this year and if we can land him, especially late in the first, I think we should be extremely happy about it.

Kid is like a Diggs 2.0.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

17 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Hopefully Hardy is good

Harty will be a great signing . The whole board will be calling his contract a steal by week 8. He adds a speed dimension at WR we just didn't have. 

He had multiple offers for more $ but wanted to be here. We already have a better WR core than last year. Shakir is going to explode next year too. Still hope we take a WR in first 2 rds. 

• Like (+1) 1

I would love to add D Hop if the cap numbers are solid and the cost is moving down from 27 to 34. The Bills can still get good impact at 34. But it just seems unlikely the Bills can get such a complex cap move done in such a short period of time. But stranger things have happened I guess.

12 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

I'm going to lose it if we Draft a premier WR prospect in Round 1 and everyone is upset because they're not Hopkins.

The irony is that most of them don't billieve in Gabe.  I'm fine with getting Hopkins.  I'm not fine with them giving up much for it, and ignoring the future.  I mean all said and done, maybe we're best off giving the looks to Gabe, and seeing if we already have the guy in house.  

• Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, billsfan89 said:

I would love to add D Hop if the cap numbers are solid and the cost is moving down from 27 to 34. The Bills can still get good impact at 34. But it just seems unlikely the Bills can get such a complex cap move done in such a short period of time. But stranger things have happened I guess.

Gonna cost more than that 

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, daz28 said:

The irony is that most of them don't billieve in Gabe.  I'm fine with getting Hopkins.  I'm not fine with them giving up much for it, and ignoring the future.  I mean all said and done, maybe we're best off giving the looks to Gabe, and seeing if we already have the guy in house.  

That window is closing quickly...Gabe had last year to prove he was the guy, so if they can improve I say make the move to win now.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Harty will be a great signing . The whole board will be calling his contract a steal by week 8. He adds a speed dimension at WR we just didn't have. 

He had multiple offers for more $ but wanted to be here. We already have a better WR core than last year. Shakir is going to explode next year too. Still hope we take a WR in first 2 rds. 

I agree especially with shakir. I feel like he could be the Beasley slot machine we’ve been waiting for but we just need more explosiveness on offense and we all know it

10 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I would agree, but OBJ goes to a team thinking he going to get high % of snaps. how does that work out With D'Hop' there?

Why wouldn’t both of them get snaps? 

6 minutes ago, daz28 said:

Didn’t we just do that last year? 

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, billsfan89 said:

Regardless if it happens, it seems they’ve been engaged in these talks over a month. If a deal happens they probably already have it worked out. 

• Agree 1