Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

18 minutes ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Like I said earlier - just because he was interested in being traded to a contender and was playing around with the rumors doesn't mean he'd become a public malcontent and force his way off the team when he and the world were told it wasn't going to happen. 

It's one thing to have fun with rumors and be open to being traded to the top teams in the league. It's another entirely to go full meltdown and force your way off the team. I'm sure he's more than happy taking the full amount of his massive deal in Arizona.

This one's been over for a long time. This is the final nail.

ImpishDevotedCarpenterant-max-1mb.gif

Zach Ertz, Odell Beckham Jr, DeAndre Hopkins.

If I've learned anything from the 3 it's that hanging on long term massive page threads is fruitless. If Beane is going to strike, he does it fast. Often without warning.

If we're waiting, we're waiting on teams or a player to come back around to his offer in defeat. Not impossible, but also not likely. He sets his price, doesn't budge, and doesn't sit on his hands waiting and hoping the player or team will come around to address the position.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BananaB said:

Doesn’t matter how much you write about them the only one who has proved anything is Gabe. Sadly all that is is that he ain’t cut out to handle the #2 spot. 

And it doesn't matter how much you write about wanting someone else with more experience. Beane chose 3 WR's between FA and the Draft who will all be on the 53 and a "TE" in the first, who's actually a Big Slot WR.

The position has been covered en masse. You can agree with his moves or disagree. But that's not going to unmake the moves he's made. 

We're done there. Now we focus on spots we need to fill that weren't addressed in the Draft like another OT, a 4th RB (which we did), DT, and DE - if anything.

As far as Davis not being "cut out" for the #2 spot, that's why we brought in help with Kincaid and Harty so it's not all falling on his shoulders. Davis may technically be the #2, but that doesn't mean he's really the 2nd option on the field. Kincaid split out wide will become Josh's 2nd option. And Harty will take Davis off the field at times in packages.

Edited by BillsFanForever19
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

They missed out on multiple championships because Peyton played in the same era as Tom Brady.   Had Brady not existed Peyton would have won more than 2 championships.    The argument about the trenches, coaches, runningbacks and wideouts can be had all day but the bottom line is the Colts didnt win more because Tom Brady was in their conference.

Actually, this is not accurate.  Peyton had a winning record vs Brady in the playoffs going 3-2 vs Brady.  He faced Brady 4 times as a Colt (2-2) and once as a Bronco (1-0).  

Peyton doesn't have more Championships because he wasn't the same guy in the post season.  And in the only 2 SB's he "won" he beat Rex Grossman the first time, and then in Denver he was the worst passer in the NFL that season and had statistically the worst Super Bowl game of a winning QB in NFL history.  Tyrod Taylor could have been the QB in that Super Bowl and they would have still won the game as it was all defense and run game for the Broncos that got them a win.  

So I think they missed out on multiple championships because Peyton was the A-Rod (baseball A-Rod) of the NFL...gaudy regular season guy, not as dominating in the post season.  

Manning still holds the NFL record for going 1 and done 9 times in Indy, including several of those being as the #1 seed.  Yet only 2 of those 9 losses were to Brady.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Cheap ownership in Arizona ruined this deal for us. I can't really even be mad at Beane, it simply isn't possible under those constraints.

Dumb ownership would be more accurate since Murray and DHop are going to be 78m of their cap hit next season(2024).

Edited by The Wiz

10 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Oliver, Bernard, 2, 6  for Hopkins (restructured) and Simmons

likely not realistic, just fun to think about 

Not sure, but when attempting to get a team to consider that trade, Benard possibly hurts more than helps if wanting to make an offer look interesting lol

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

It's possible the Cardinals scouts actually like him 

I mean maybe I guess....

But I'm not sure there's much of anything that would make them like him. Maybe if they go back to the college tape? Certainly didn't show very much, or any kind of promise during the few opportunities he had so far. 

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Oliver, Bernard, 2, 6  for Hopkins (restructured) and Simmons

likely not realistic, just fun to think about 

I mean, it's fun to think about trading for Justin Jefferson too. But just like Hopkins it's not going to happen.

Hopkins being traded to us is dead. Beane has said time and again he's not interested in the deal. He drafted the top pass catcher in the Draft and a very intriguing prospect in Shorter. The Cardinals GM made it clear he's not moving him. Hopkins has publicly stated he's back with Arizona. 

It's over.