Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

6 minutes ago, papazoid said:

i'm guessing arizona is the hold up

bills have the best offer in, but they're hoping for something a lil better

Live look at negotiations between Bills & Arizona.

Stare Down The Good The Bad And The Ugly GIF

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 14

4 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

There has been enough talk from legitimate sources... I think we can be comfortable in saying:

- DeAndre Hopkins is being shopped by the Cardinals

- The Bills are one of the teams interested

That doesn't necessarily mean a deal is going to happen.  There are lots of moving pieces.

Probably the biggest is the Bills salary cap situation.  There have to be discussions not only with the Cardinals (about possibly keeping some of the cap hit), but also with Hopkins himself (in terms of a potential contract restructure).  Not to mention the physical/health piece, in terms of Hopkins past MCL injury and last year's drug suspension.

Considering that Brandon Beane is also in the process of watching various Pro Days and finishing up with Free Agency, it's not really surprising news is slow coming out.  Even if a deal does ultimately materialize.

mister rogers middle finger GIF

16 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

i’m guessing the contract structuring is the hold up

20 minutes ago, papazoid said:

i'm guessing arizona is the hold up

bills have the best offer in, but they're hoping for something a lil better

Or, what if it's neither of those things at all......

What if they didn't get that deep into contract structuring etc because it fell through and no agreement could be made making both teams moving on to other options, being why there's not much to update 

Warriorspikes would start cutting himself while questioning why bother living anymore....j/k

Edited by Patrick Duffy
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Patrick Duffy said:

Or, what if it's neither of those things at all......

What if they didn't get that deep into contract structuring etc because it fell through and no agreement could be made making both teams moving on to other options, being why there's not much to update 

If it's this, I'd hope they'd say so. Sometimes keeping everything close to the vest sucks (for us)

3 minutes ago, benderbender said:

Bad sign when the talking heads are expecting the move. All the ones that are talked up never seem to happen. I.e. Derrick Henry

Ehhh he has contract causes issues so I could see the delay but way to much smoke 

Edited by mikemac2001
  • Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Diggs + Hopkins might be the most exciting thing on offense in years. I can’t think of a better duo in some time. 

Exciting= Tyreek hill.

I think Hill and Kelce and Hill and Waddle are more exciting. 

Just now, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Sounds like Arizona doesn’t want to eat any of his salary, so the hold up might be a restructure agreement?  In this case, I couldn’t see Buffalo parting with more than a couple late round picks.

I would think the more salary Buffalo has to take on, the less compensation they’d be willing to give…

• Agree 2

Just now, benderbender said:

Bad sign when the talking heads are expecting the move. All the ones that are talked up never seem to happen. I.e. Derrick Henry

Yeah it has been that way a few times, especially regarding Buffalo. Last year I don't remember how much talk there was regarding Von Miller and Bills. If I'm not mistaken it was more talk of the 3-4 other teams they expected him to go to and wasn't til a bit later only thing mentioned was a "dark horse" team to possibly get him. 

Wasn't til that point Buffalo got mentioned if I remember right.....

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Diggs + Hopkins might be the most exciting thing on offense in years. I can’t think of a better duo in some time. 

I mean...they're no Donald Jones and David Nelson, but I guess they'd be fine.

I don't know the more this drags on the less likely it going happen I'd say Sunday or bust. you gotta figure they have been working this for at least three or fours days already. if they can't hammer something out soon. I'd say Beane bails on it,  just a gut feeling no proof.  (He either wants to come here or he doesnt). The restructure would be happening with his agent not the team

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

Sounds like Arizona doesn’t want to eat any of his salary, so the hold up might be a restructure agreement?  In this case, I couldn’t see Buffalo parting with more than a couple late round picks.

If ARI doesn't want to hold onto any of his salary, I doubt there's going to be a deal done with anybody.  Nobody is taking on $19m salary for this year

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4