Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

guessing that beane is making the normal inquiries on hopkins.

hopkins agents tells him buffalo is checking in on you. player fans the social media  flames.

hopkins and/or arizona would likely have to make unwanted concessions to make it happen. deal in limbo.

the Oliver news started with beane approaching his camp on a restructure that would lower his cap, but not add new dollars. oliver said we are only interested in a restructure if adds new dollars and years......thats a no go. hence his comments

i guess its possible both could get resolved together via trade

Edited by papazoid

2 minutes ago, papazoid said:

guessing that beane is making the normal inquiries on hopkins.

hopkins agents tells him buffalo is checking in on you. player fans the sicial media  flames.

hopkins and/or arizona would likely have to make unwanted concessions to make it happen. deal in limbo.

the Oliver news started with beane approaching his camp on a restructure that would lower his cap, but not add new dollars. oliver said we are only interested in a restructure if adds new dollars and years......thats a no go. hence his comments

i guess its possible both could get resolved together via trade

You can’t restructure a 5th year option.  It is what it is.  You either cut the player eat all the dead money and save 0 or sign to a new deal 

Edited by GolfandBills

20 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Offer them Oliver, 2024 3rd and 6th

they retain 9 Million.  $ is a wash this year.

We restructure / extend 

If we wanted to really gun for it:

convert the base to a bonus and you’ve actually gained cap space for this year….

I just don’t understand why any team would see Ed Oliver as a real chip to be traded for.

An average DT at $10.7M on the last year of his deal as the centerpiece for a #1 WR albeit in the later years of his prime? 

Given that the Bills only have $8M in cap space, there has to be a salary going out in the form of a trade? 

Do the Bills have to trade Dawson Knox or Tre’Davious White to make this work? 

How do they realistically open up enough cap space to fit him? 

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

I just don’t understand why any team would see Ed Oliver as a real chip to be traded for.

An average DT at $10.7M on the last year of his deal as the centerpiece for a #1 WR albeit in the later years of his prime? 

Given that the Bills only have $8M in cap space, there has to be a salary going out in the form of a trade? 

Do the Bills have to get rid of a Dawson Knox or Tre’Davious White to make this work? 

Arizona is going to have to eat some Hopkins salary.  No team is going to trade for that contract as it sits.  You can easily get his cap hit down to single digits 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Do the Bills have to get rid of a Dawson Knox or Tre’Davious White to make this work? 

Lots of scouts were high on Oliver that year.  

If they can afford it and all they need to do is throw us a 4th round pick, why not get him in the building for a year and see how he fits? 

He’s got talent, albeit inconsistent.  

Bears fans were begging Poles to trade for him when Oliver’s IG posts made their way around Twitter earlier today.  

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Lots of scouts were high on Oliver that year.  

If they can afford it and all they need to do is throw us a 4th round pick, why not get him in the building for a year and see how he fits? 

He’s got talent, albeit inconsistent.  

Bears fans were begging Poles to trade for him when Oliver’s IG posts made their way around Twitter earlier today.  

I just don’t understand that.

Even if you were just looking at his stats, why would a fan conclude that they need that guy?

Why would a GM trade for, and then extend an average DT? 

If I’m the Cardinals, knowing the Bills hold a low-Round 2 pick, that’s what I’d be asking for. 

Oliver, Matakevich and a 5th aren’t really starters for me.

Edited by Straight Hucklebuck

Prior to the last two seasons which he missed significant time, I would say Hopkins over Diggs. He just caught anything near him. All culminating in the Hail Murray. I think Diggs will

be fine. No targets, no wins = very bad. That’s what you can’t do to Diggs. But I think he is fine playing next to another #1. I would say they would instantly be competing for the top duo in football. Even competing against those two from Miami. Then you have to think Hopkins wants to win given who has played with. Not sure if we could swing this. I’m sure we could if we want it bad enough. I actually think it fits rather well. 

Edited by KzooMike

3 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Get rid of means a trade. 

How do the Bills actually fit Hopkins under the cap? 

There's a breakdown a few pages back that shows a team can get him down to under $5M this year. It mostly relies on Terry once again writing a fat a$$ check. But hey, it aint my money.

5 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Get rid of means a trade. 

How do the Bills actually fit Hopkins under the cap? 

Apparently by adding 3 void years, we can drop it to just under 5 this season. But I don't know what our situation is in 25, 26, and 27 and what it would add to those years.