Jordan Phillips injury

Simon

I don't know how hurt he was coming in or if he reinjured it mid game (possibly on a Stevenson carry for a 1stdown with about 6-7 minutes left in the second qrtr) but I don't think he played in the 2nd half. Was there any injury report or mention on thebroadcast?

The last snap I saw him take was on the Pats 2nd TD and he couldn't even lift his arm. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him again this year. :(

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Simon said:

I don't know how hurt he was coming in or if he reinjured it mid game (possibly on a Stevenson carry for a 1stdown with about 6-7 minutes left in the second qrtr) but I don't think he played in the 2nd half. Was there any injury report or mention on thebroadcast?

The last snap I saw him take was on the Pats 2nd TD and he couldn't even lift his arm. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see him again this year. :(

He was out there in the 2nd half, but agree he's still bothered by his shoulder.  Just looks like a pain tolerance issue right now, as he's battling thru it (leaves games and returns).

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:

Why is he in there if he can’t go? I suppose no one else is capable?

They're only dressing 4 DTs and want to run them in a heavy rotation.

Being down to 3 really hurts them.

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

They're only dressing 4 DTs and want to run them in a heavy rotation.

Being down to 3 really hurts them.

Maybe. There must be some logistical piece that were unaware of. Maybe they need to dress more DBs? Why not dress more DLs and rotate more?

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Maybe they could lessen the rotation then?  

Don’t hold your breath, 😁

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:

Maybe. There must be some logistical piece that were unaware of. Maybe they need to dress more DBs? Why not dress more DLs and rotate more?

I'm guessing that either Phillips thought he was OK or convinced the staff that he was, even when he wasn't healed and ready.

If they knew what kind of shape he was in, they probably would not have made him one of the 4 active DT's.

When it came apart on him in the middle of the 2nd qrtr, it just left them in a really bad situation.

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, Simon said:

yeah, his right side is useless

Maybe it's time to be like the NHL .. "upper body injury" or "lower body injury" so opponents don't target weakness.  Only kidding, of course, but it is interesting how they get away with these vague descriptions in hockey, but in football we know almost everything about the injury.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.