NFL Resolution to Adjust the AFC Playoffs- Poll

Rocky Landing

Consensus on Adjusted AFC Playoff Resolution  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with the NFL's decision, and method to adjust the AFC playoffs as a result of the Bills v. Bengals game?

• Yes. I am satisfied with the decision.
    • No. The Bills v. Bengals game should have been canceled, but the NFL should have handled the situation differently.
    • No. The Bill v. Bengals game should have been rescheduled.
    • No. The Bills v. Bengals game should have resumed on MNF, after Hamlin was taken to the hospital.

I’m very interested in seeing a consensus on how Bills fans feel about the way this situation is playing out, and how the league has handled it.

Personally, I’m absolutely fine with the way the NFL, coaches, players, officials, and Goodell has handled this situation, and I am fine with the decision. It probably sucks the most for the Bengals, and it sucks that it basically hands the Chiefs the #1 seed (unless the Raiders pull off a miracle), but rescheduling the Bills v. Bengals game just seemed to untenable. I think the only way to safely reschedule the game would have been to reschedule the playoffs for both conferences. IMO, that would negate the advantage of the first round bye, and even hinder a #1 seed that would go three weeks without playing a game.

I think the solution they have come out with is about as fair as it could be. Thoughts?

Edited by Rocky Landing

I voted that they should have resumed the game. Not Monday night, but after this week. That is the only true fair solution. 

Under the proposed NFL solution due to cancellation of the game. This is what plays out:

I just think it sucks that KC can take the one seed back because we didn't get a result from the Bengals game.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 2
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Baltimore and Cincinnati got no favors but they both control their destiny. This is why every game matters, even earlier. And, yes, even the one not played.

But 2 games that matter were played and they matter. The Bengals and Bills both beat the Chiefs. They should not be eligible for a bye week.

As such, an 8th seed should have been entered. This would have made one more game, one more point of revenue (which I'm sure the NFL would have loved), and one spot for someone like Miami (who I think could beat KC or Cinci) to play.

• Like (+1) 1

Stay away from the rest of the internet right now.  We're quickly becoming the villains in this - the "league darlings" who ruined it for every other team.

I think most fans forgot that they were outraged on Monday night at even the hint that the NFL was going to force the game to continue.  Now, it's basically "it was the Bills choice to stop playing - they should have forfeited."

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I guess this is about the best they can do if the game is canceled. The game did not resume this week, so the schedule change (week 19!) would affect all other teams in the league.

However, the possible coin-flip for playoff home field between Ravens/Bengals just doesn't seem necessary or right.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I would have just gone with winning % and whoever gets 1st seed gets 1st seed. Bengals weren't realistically getting that anyway, so you're talking about the difference between #2 and #3 seed for them.

Bengals win their division and clinch #3 at worst.  #1 seed comes down to Chiefs/Raiders and maybe Bills/Patriots (if Raiders win). 

It would have made more sense (IMO) to do all the above and IF it came down to Bills/Bengals in the Divisional round play that game in Cincinnati, regardless of whether Bills or Bengals are #2. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Disagree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.