NFL Resolution to Adjust the AFC Playoffs- Poll

Rocky Landing

Consensus on Adjusted AFC Playoff Resolution  

227 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied with the NFL's decision, and method to adjust the AFC playoffs as a result of the Bills v. Bengals game?

• Yes. I am satisfied with the decision.
    • No. The Bills v. Bengals game should have been canceled, but the NFL should have handled the situation differently.
    • No. The Bill v. Bengals game should have been rescheduled.
    • No. The Bills v. Bengals game should have resumed on MNF, after Hamlin was taken to the hospital.

On 1/6/2023 at 3:54 PM, Thrivefourfive said:

I’m not too sharp, but based on that chart doesn’t KC stand the most to lose? They have a greater chance at the 1 seed (which they’d mathematically own) and an equal chance, with the Bills, at hosting the AFC title game. So the league is favoring KC’s 1, and giving love to the Bills if they get to the tile game.

All along I said KC can have the 1, but the AFCCG should be in Buffalo (if they win Sunday). 

I think the big thing is the bye. We could have used it just for injury healing. And game planning. Now would have been to just get their minds right. The Bills still have a good shot at the whole show. It was more likely we would have lost the Bengals game and lost the 1 seed. But sucks we didn't get the chance to find out. There was plenty of time left in that game for anything to happen. But I'm glad the NFL realized that it had to makes some concessions towards fairness with a neutral site. But they certainly could have pushed this week or let the game resume next week. Yes, some logistics were involved, so it came down to cost, instead of what was most fair.

On 1/6/2023 at 3:54 PM, Thrivefourfive said:

All along I said KC can have the 1, but the AFCCG should be in Buffalo (if they win Sunday). 

The 1 seed comes along with home field throughout. So this situation would never happen. Why would Buffalo get to host when they lost the 1 seed. Another reason the 1 seed is such a big advantage. 

I wouldn't mind if they took into account head to head or win% to determine who host each playoff game. That seems like a way for each team to fairly have an advantage. 

As it stands instead of the bye and hosting home throughout. We host until we loss, or until we play the Chiefs or Bengals at a neutral site. Bills got screwed no fault of their own. And I say that, being total ok if the Bills had forfeited the game after the injury, if the NFL said play of forfeit. At least that would have been by their choice. 

23 hours ago, DapperCam said:

I was in favor of a coin flip to determine the outcome of the game. Then no other changes would be required.

Nobody could say it wasn’t fair, because it is sort of the definition of fair. Plus that game was a 50/50 toss up anyway.

But who gets the call the flip? Do we have a coin flip to determine who?! It's not any fairer than what they did. Especially when they have the option to resume the game. That is the only fair solution. 

On 1/6/2023 at 6:16 PM, WhoTom said:

The math doesn't work out. If two teams have byes, then the other six play in the WC round, producing three winners. Now you have five teams left.

Thanks WhoTom.  You are correct...I am usually better at math than that. 🙂

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.