Official: (Bengals) Game will not be resumed this week UPDATE: OFFICIALLY CANCELLED

Process

3 minutes ago, Process said:

Lol...you realize that the Bills themselves and all of the players/coaches could absolutely care less about this, right?

Do you expect them to reschedule the game because Kiva from TBD is concerned about seeding?

Once they get an health update, this will be the most important question for the league. They shouldnt penalize the team. 

It doesn't matter, those players aren't going to just up and forget last night.  They need to be in peak mental and physical condition to play this game, and that isn't going to happen.

Sure, force these poor men back onto that field and watch them get rolled.  If the NFL wants to move the playoffs, so be it, but expecting them to just shrug this off is again, just not going to happen.

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

I give them a decent chance.  This will be the Raiders SB.  They are as sick of Kansas City dominating them as any rivalry out there.  And LV has some offense to hang in there.

Not that they would do it for Damar, but if they ever needed more motivation to take down a division rival... it could come from them knowing they may be what stands in the way of the Chiefs being gifted a 1 seed because of one of the most heartbreaking scenes to ever play out on a football field. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I wish I could pin this to the board - A Bills player's heart stopped beating on the field yesterday. He is currently fighting for his life. His teammates had to witness this happen and now patiently wait for any kind of news. WHO CARES ABOUT THE #1 SEED.

Clearly, a lot of people care about it, from all over the NFL. This is a thread about the implications, and while lazy and misspelled, the statement is arguably valid if the game is scrubbed.

42 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Kick the can down road, let week # 18 shake out... SEE what happens, then decide.

I think that's what happens. At first, I was thinking they should decide before this week's games are played so as to not let the outcomes determine their decision, but I've done a 180. Let's see how the games this week will affect playoffs and seeding. With that said, with respect to Buff, Cincy and KC, there's only 1 scenario where this game won't matter for seeding; If Buff loses and both KC and Cincy win. Cincy will have a 2 game division lead and Buff won't be able to catch KC for 1 seed. There might be other playoff circumstances affected, but I was just thinking about those 3 teams. 

Edited by Fleezoid
  • Agree 1

Just now, Kiva said:

Once they get an health update, this will be the most important question for the league. They shouldnt penalize the team. 

and the biggest issue is not one team is involved, as the outcome of the Bills Bengals game can alternate not just the #1 seed but other teams as well. If only the Bills hadn't fumbled that ball late against Minnesota this all be less vital. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, DrDare said:

OK. I see it as logical and likely.

(there is not 30 other teams entering the playoffs)

True.. So 12 other teams on a bye.  

Bills/Bengals then having to play knowing that they may both be playing the following week.. against a team coming off a bye week, in the Wild Card Round of the Playoffs.  

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

and the biggest issue is not one team is involved, as the outcome of the Bills Bengals game can alternate not just the #1 seed but other teams as well. If only the Bills hadn't fumbled that ball late against Minnesota this all be less vital. 

AND as my grandfather would say:

"If the hound didn't stop to take a sh*t, it would have got the fox."

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Bills/Bengals then having to play knowing that they may both be playing the following week.. against a team coming off a bye week, in the Wild Card Round of the Playoffs.  

If the NFL scheduled it that way and put the bills in primetime, I hope both teams just take turns kneeling the entire game 

• Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Someone is going to have to face some level of adversity bc of this. Id rather it be us than them. This team is special. 

7 minutes ago, Kiva said:

Yeah, Baltimore should not be penalized for losing Lamar. LAR should not be penalized for losing Kupp and Stafford. Indy should not be penalized for the ongoing injury problems for Jonathan Taylor...do we need to continue to perpetuate this?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, pocoboy said:

Yeah, Baltimore should not be penalized for losing Lamar. LAR should not be penalized for losing Kupp and Stafford. Indy should not be penalized for the ongoing injury problems for Jonathan Taylor...do we need to continue to perpetuate this?

This makes no sense. The game was delayed by the league. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Kiva said:

The team won’t be penalized. If they want to resume the game they’ll be given that option I believe. If they accept an alternative option that is not a penalty. 

2 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

If the NFL scheduled it that way and put the bills in primetime, I hope both teams just take turns kneeling the entire game 

If that happens than the Bengals win so they're going to continue the game from where it left off, why bother even dressing players for that? 

I’m wondering if these guys will be able to play the Pats this weekend? I could see that game getting pushed out to Tuesday to give everybody more time. The college football national championship is on Monday. I mean, these games are on top of each other and they will have practice tomorrow I think for the next week if it were normal circumstances.

They can eliminate the week off between the Championship games and the Super Bowl, and just add another week to the schedule.  If the Bills win (and beat the Pats this week), they will get a bye.  If Cinci wins, KC will probably get another week off.

I guess we should just wait till Sunday night to see if this game is even necessary.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, pocoboy said:

If the rules don’t allow for an exceptional response to an unprecedented event - a near death on the field of play - then we need new rulers. 
My solution: the game is declared no contest. If KC/Bills/Bengals wind up ties in the loss column, you do a lottery for seeding. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.