The Phins; from 8-3 to 8-8. An epic collapse

Inigo Montoya

This happens every single year with Miami as others have pointed out, it is actually incredible, especially with the 8-3 start this year and with the amount of talent on offense, I thought they were a lock for the playoffs, even with their history of meltdowns in the latter half of the season. 

in fact, the ENTIRE afc East collapsed right around the same time.  Not long ago we had an entire division sitting at 7-4 or better (or was it 7-3??) 

But when the smoke cleared, it was just another familiar looking AFC East standings , with Bills way ahead in first, and the Pats with a small shot at playoffs…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Success said:

I can't really call it a collapse w/ the injury issues they've had.  If Tua played today, they win that game by 2 scores. Even if Bridgewater stayed healthy, I'd say it's likely they win.

I feel awful 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

I can't really call it a collapse w/ the injury issues they've had.  If Tua played today, they win that game by 2 scores. Even if Bridgewater stayed healthy, I'd say it's likely they win.

They would have clinched a spot before this game I'd say. Tua is a pretty decent QB.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Anyone know where a filthy lives? Might have to send the police around for a welfare check…

a filthy what?  Depending on what filthy creature you are talking about I may be able to provide the address of my ex's house.

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Success said:

Wait what?? Injuries happen to every team, how is theirs any different? 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I would rather see them make the playoffs than NE only in that they might have a snowball’s chance in hell of beating KC / Cincy if Tua gets back and Hill/waddle come through for them.  I’d rather deal w them any day vs either of those teams.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:

Who cares. The fins blow ass. 

I agree.  But Tua gives them the best chance and he didn't have a chance play against the Jets earlier in the season when Bridgewater got hurt on the 1st series and then Skylar Thompson looked like... well, a 3rd string QB.

2 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I would rather see them make the playoffs than NE only in that they might have a snowball’s chance in hell of beating KC / Cincy if Tua gets back and Hill/waddle come through for them.  I’d rather deal w them any day vs either of those teams.

This a 1000 percent

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Dolphins still making the playoffs unfortunately. We are beating the Pats next week and that would put Miami in if they beat the Jets which they should with Tua back. 

I could easily see the Jets still find a way to beat them even if Tua is back.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, The Wiz said:

I agree.  But Tua gives them the best chance and he didn't have a chance play against the Jets earlier in the season when Bridgewater got hurt on the 1st series and then Skylar Thompson looked like... well, a 3rd string QB.

That’s a shame. Injuries are part of the game. Why didn’t their running game step up? Or the D? Or special teams?

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.