The Phins; from 8-3 to 8-8. An epic collapse

Inigo Montoya

5 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I would rather see them make the playoffs than NE only in that they might have a snowball’s chance in hell of beating KC / Cincy if Tua gets back and Hill/waddle come through for them.  I’d rather deal w them any day vs either of those teams.

I never thought of it this way.

It is possible Miami with Tua could take out Cin/KC for us. I wouldn't put money on it. But it is possible.

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Maybe the Steelers find a way in?

Good point. 

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:

That’s a shame. Injuries are part of the game. Why didn’t their running game step up? Or the D? Or special teams?

Likely poor coaching like they did against the bills.  Didn't see much other than the 1st qtr so couldn't tell you.

28 minutes ago, Airseven said:

It happens. Hopefully Tua gets right.

I think he’s done growing, and he’s not getting more athletic, so they will continue tossing him a round like a rag doll. Unfortunately for Phin phans , he’s a rag doll made of china. The concussions concern me. A LOT! 

7 minutes ago, DCofNC said:

I would rather see them make the playoffs than NE only in that they might have a snowball’s chance in hell of beating KC / Cincy if Tua gets back and Hill/waddle come through for them.  I’d rather deal w them any day vs either of those teams.

KC is very much capable of losing to any team in the league. Literally any team. 

Screw the fins. Would be hilarious if they don't make it. Is there a chance none of the AFC East teams do or is one of them getting the last spot pretty much guaranteed?

5 minutes ago, Process said:

KC is very much capable of losing to any team in the league. Literally any team. 

Screw the fins. Would be hilarious if they don't make it. Is there a chance none of the AFC East teams do or is one of them getting the last spot pretty much guaranteed?

Steelers could get it, things are weirdly aligning that way, but it's still a low odds scenario though I think.

7 minutes ago, Process said:

The only other team that can get in is the Steelers with a perfect amount of luck.

Bills beat NE week 18

Jets beat Seahawks week 17 (right now) and Mia week 18

Steelers win out @ BAL and VS CLE week 18

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 3

Miami is out if the Jets beat them. 

If Miami beats NY, we could potentially be hosting the Fins on WC weekend.

I am assuming we beat NE next week. No way do I see us losing to them with so much to play for.

Pittsburgh is done after Baltimore beats them tonight. 

Edited by Billsfanatic8989

Been saying it for a month now and I'll keep saying it, a team can't just live off the big play. Tua being out definitely hurt them today, he's their best option at QB, but once teams figured out how to limit hill and Waddle, they started losing games, hence 5 in a row. 

49 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

So much arrogance from them earlier in the year …

They reminded me of why I hate the Dolphins so much, its not the team, its the fans.  They are overly obnoxious.  After the Bills win you would think the season was over, hang it up, the Dolphins were winning the Super Bowl if you listened to their fans.  How much better Tua is than Josh, etc.  They beat practice squad players in extreme heat

• Like (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, JMM said:

Remember when the Fins beat us to win the AFCE in September, Tua was an "elite" qb and frontrunner for the MVP, and Chubb was the final piece to win the SB this year? Yea...good memories...😂🤣😅😆😅🤣😄

I watched that entire game…. Did Chubb even play? They sign him to more money than von…. Lol.  Nice Miami…nice

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

So much arrogance from them earlier in the year …

AJ, so spot on. Holy mackerel, nothing wrong with being optimistic and talking smack, but they had this all locked up in their heads just after mid season and they hadn’t even hit the brutal part of their schedule.

counting chickens like crazy.

• Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.