Motor and Cook NFL Best RB tandem?

RenoNVBillsfan

11 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I’m getting to the point with cooki where whenever he gets the ball I get excited whenever I see him get to the second level because I know it’s going to be a good play. The only problem is I’m reserved because of the way he was used in college he has always been that add to back he has never been the guy you take motor for instants motor had a ton of carries in college and was productive cook is not. I honestly hope the cook just proves me wrong on that. 

Actually seeing Cook and Hines in the same backfield will be lot of fun with the speed they have.  Cook/Hines/Diggs/Davis/Knox could be a lethal combination as long as the OL can block.

14 hours ago, NewEra said:

we’re up there, but others are equally good if not better

Chubb/hunt

Dalvin/Mattison

Pollard/zeke

mccaffery/Mitchell 

Mixon/perine

Swift/williams

Penny/Walker would’ve been up there of Penny wasn’t hurt

You can add in Mostert/Wilson Jr., Hubbard/Foreman, Patterson/Allgeier and Robinson/Gibson.

1 hour ago, gjv said:

I'm hoping Bijan Robinson falls to us in the upcoming draft. Wonder what Beane will do.

Draft a defensive back probably.

16 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

You can add in Mostert/Wilson Jr., Hubbard/Foreman, Patterson/Allgeier and Robinson/Gibson.

Draft a defensive back probably.

You can add them.  I wouldn’t.

wilson propensity for drops/fumbles and boneheaded plays leaves a lot to be desired Imo.  

Robinson/Gibson could be worthy of the list, but I’d still rather have our boys. 

the other guys-  meh-  I’d take motor and himbo all day.  

i’d rather have ekeler and co, Kamara and co, Jonathan Taylor and co, barkley and co, Henry and co, jacobs and co over the groups listed above based on the greatness of the lead back. 

2 hours ago, gjv said:

I'm hoping Bijan Robinson falls to us in the upcoming draft. Wonder what Beane will do.

He’s not going to-  so don’t stress over it.  

Our RBs are so odd. They both have high YPC and for Singletary he has done that multiple seasons.

That said, I don't trust either one of them to pick up a 3rd and 1, break a tackle, or run away from anyone.  They both seem to have very good vision though. CJ Spiller had the worst vision of any RB I've ever watched in a Bills uniform but may have been as athletically talented as all but OJ. Cook and Singletary read blocks reasonably well and have that little sudden burst in the hole. Maybe Cook has the speed to break away from guys but we've only seen it on a few runs.

16 hours ago, NewEra said:

we’re up there, but others are equally good if not better

Chubb/hunt

Dalvin/Mattison

Pollard/zeke

mccaffery/Mitchell 

Mixon/perine

Swift/williams

Penny/Walker would’ve been up there of Penny wasn’t hurt

Fully agree with this list. Cook/Motor/Hines are a really good trio of RB’s. But as a duo Motor and Cook aren’t the best. Doesn’t mean they can’t get the job done and the Bills don’t have a good stable of backs just no need to get crazy.

My hope is that Hines and Motor come back on reasonable deals. Hines adds a lot of value as a receiver and returner while Motor is a nice all around back. They would both complement Cook nicely.

• Agree 1

And, I have no idea of where we could get him, maybe late in the draft?

but it would be a dream to have a back like Josh Jacobs to pair with Cook.

I’m a huge Singletary fan. He does most things well, he could catch a lot better though…. A tough blocker, a great runner, he gets what’s there and then some. He gets first downs when it doesn’t look like he is going to make it….

But to have a true full-size powerback that can also block very well and to pair him up with a guy like Cook….

And then have an OC that runs until the safeties creep up…or at least the D does more to stop the run….

Then hit them with Allen throwing…. Our current receivers might be good enough then….

• Disagree 1

47 minutes ago, billybrew1 said:

And, I have no idea of where we could get him, maybe late in the draft?

but it would be a dream to have a back like Josh Jacobs to pair with Cook.

I’m a huge Singletary fan. He does most things well, he could catch a lot better though…. A tough blocker, a great runner, he gets what’s there and then some. He gets first downs when it doesn’t look like he is going to make it….

But to have a true full-size powerback that can also block very well and to pair him up with a guy like Cook….

And then have an OC that runs until the safeties creep up…or at least the D does more to stop the run….

Then hit them with Allen throwing…. Our current receivers might be good enough then….

We would be doing Josh a huge disservice if we go into next season with the same WRs .  We should get him some new toys

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.