TUA in Concussion Protocol Again!

wppete

I actually think McDaniels had the potential to be a grow into a pretty competent coach. He was certainly maximizing Tua. 

But if you’re Miami I think you have to move on. At least as a fan I would want to. He is a huge part of Tua facing serious long term brain injury. 

Just from a people perspective I wouldn’t want that in house. Let alone in charge. Intentions be damned. 

59 minutes ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Dude is headed down a very, very dark road, even if we don't see it soon. Same with Morse, I fear.

I very much hope that intensive research continues on CTE and developing treatments for it. I will honestly never forget him getting concussed like 5 days after we played the Phins, and he went into a fencing posture. These guys are paying a very, very fûcking high price.

They are paying a high price but they can pull the plug at any time they wish. If they want to play nobody should stand in their way if they are medically cleared to do so.

• Like (+1) 1

This certainly was missed by those paid to look for it but there is a safeguard. The player it actually happened to. I get not wanting to come out of a game but I don’t think the player should be let off the hook either, especially when it’s his health at risk. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, CorkScrewHill said:

Tua seems like a guy you would want to hang with .. unlike Mac and Zach .. but 2@3 concussions in a year does not sound like he will be long for the NFL.

I know, I know, Dolphins, their fans, all that. 

But ... Tua seems like a really great kid, and I hate to see this happening to him. This one is definitely at least one too many. He's got to step aside for the rest of this year and not think about coming back until he has 2nd, 3rd, 4th opinions on whether he can continue to play without endangering his future well being.

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, Toledo Bill said:

A lot of us scoff at the Bills taking so long to bring injured players back but I would bet that if Josh got a concussion McClappy and the organization would put his health ahead of any game.

I was just having this conversation. It feels like it revolves mainly around Tre. But we have a QB with an injured throwing elbow, Poyer wasn’t allowed on an airplane, Beasley played with a broken leg, Morse is going to get cleared to play another NFL game after 6 NFL concussions alone. 

I don’t think McDermott is as careful as some would like him to believe. 

McDaniels is just risking Tua’s life. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

The total disregard for his safety is crazy, almost criminal imho. Concussions are bad, but taking another blow to the head while already concussed is exponentially bad. Like him or not, people play better without brain damage. He should be shut down for the rest of the season. I feel like this guy is a prime candidate for long-term CTE issues. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mango said:

I was just having this conversation. It feels like it revolves mainly around Tre. But we have a QB with an injured throwing elbow, Poyer wasn’t allowed on an airplane, Beasley played with a broken leg, Morse is going to get cleared to play another NFL game after 6 NFL concussions alone. 

I don’t think McDermott is as careful as some would like him to believe. 

McDaniels is just risking Tua’s life. 

Good points, I guess it is just the seriousness of this issue that is so upsetting and makes the other injuries pale in comparison. The handling of Morse is a concern.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I mean this is really only hurting himself honestly - we saw what happened earlier in the season after his "back injury" - bottom line it really just shows that he gets concussed very easy -  but why does this guy's head always break the fall? 

So for counting purposes is that 2 this year or 3? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BlazinBill said:

I mean this is really only hurting himself honestly - we saw what happened earlier in the season after his "back injury" - bottom line it really just shows that he gets concussed very easy -  but why does this guy's head always break the fall? 

So for counting purposes is that 2 this year or 3? 

2 acknowledged and one "back injury".

• Thank you (+1) 1

It is the culture of the game.  The best ability is availability, right?  Tua is giving everything he he has to prove he's worthy of a second contract and a franchise keeper.  He has heard all the criticisms about his lack of physical tools and the stories of the owner trying to replace him.  I think he is fighting an early end to his NFL career so he is not going to willingly succumb to any obstacle.  The back injury loophole was his go to story to keep playing.  He knows that he can't show any signs of weakness.  These 3 concussions were not abnormal football plays.  The hip fracture was not an abnormal play either.  He is fighting the perception that he isn't physically suited to be an NFL QB.  Often perception is reality.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Dick_Cheney said:

Dude is headed down a very, very dark road, even if we don't see it soon. Same with Morse, I fear.

I very much hope that intensive research continues on CTE and developing treatments for it. I will honestly never forget him getting concussed like 5 days after we played the Phins, and he went into a fencing posture. These guys are paying a very, very fûcking high price.

Every single player reacts to concussions differently… Some get one and they’re messed up for life

Some people get 5 and it doesn’t affect their long-term health… Tua becoming Stiff and twitching was definitely scary 

I lost my college football career because of concussions…. You can see CTE brain damage in guys like Antonio Brown

Thankfully Morse doesn’t seem to be in that category as of now

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.