Glazer reports Jets moving on from Wilson.

JerseyBills

5 hours ago, Andy1 said:

This kid has some raw talent but he needs to mature and needs to gets out of NYC. So much of a qb success depends on the fit with the team. Maybe Pete Carroll can make something of him in Seattle. They could sign him as a backup and develop him. 

i think of it goes on the Jets.  

there was QB butt plug from a decade ago. He was drafted at 4 iirc

Wilson has talent.  He needs a different location.  

4 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Please point to what Wilson has done in the NFL that earns that belief, other than being drafted high? He's been a colassal bust on the field and in the locker room 

Patriots hopefully.

He needs to grow up.  But he is only what 23 or so.  He was way overdrafted to begin with.  The kid wasn't great in the slightest at BYU.  And the Jets took him with the second pick.  Someone will give him another shot.  But he needs to realize that its a job and not a way to pick up chicks.  He is always laughing and smiling.  Need to take it serious and become an adult. 

Picking QB's is not the Jets specialty.  They have taken Hackenberg, Darnold and now Wilson.  The organization has been garbage for years.  Salah looks to be a decent coach.  But they need to get the QB position right.  Mike White is better then Wilson.  But he is fragile ala Rob Johnson.  Skinny QB's don't last even in today's NFL.  

11 minutes ago, 97bills said:

And now the jets are in the same boat buffalo was all those years, good defense and decent supporting cast. 8-9  9-8 just good enough we’re you have to trade way up to get a QB. But you can’t give up draft one till you get it right. That’s one thing I hated about Buffalo they didn’t really try to trade up and get a good prospect. 

I have sympathy for the fans. I live in the heart of Jet country. These poor souls have been beaten down. By the way, my prayers are with the people in the Buffalo area dealing with this storm. 

10 minutes ago, 97bills said:

And now the jets are in the same boat buffalo was all those years, good defense and decent supporting cast. 8-9  9-8 just good enough we’re you have to trade way up to get a QB. But you can’t give up draft one till you get it right. That’s one thing I hated about Buffalo they didn’t really try to trade up and get a good prospect. 

thr issue in buffalo was coach/ gm stability

they traded for Bledsoe

they  drafted Losman late 1st and Edwards in 2nd

Fitz

EJ they drafted mid 1st in weak QB

Tyrod

they did not use top 5 picks on QB

the jets trade up in 2018

5 hours ago, Cray51 said:

Bills should bring him in to backup.  

Absolutely yes if avail for backup $$. Fixer upper, and flip for draft capital down the road

4 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Terrible organization. They need another full rebuild, starting with the front office.  Maybe Frazier will get an interview there. 

Full rebuild? No

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

He needs to grow up.  But he is only what 23 or so.  He was way overdrafted to begin with.  The kid wasn't great in the slightest at BYU.  And the Jets took him with the second pick.  Someone will give him another shot.  But he needs to realize that its a job and not a way to pick up chicks.  He is always laughing and smiling.  Need to take it serious and become an adult. 

Picking QB's is not the Jets specialty.  They have taken Hackenberg, Darnold and now Wilson.  The organization has been garbage for years.  Salah looks to be a decent coach.  But they need to get the QB position right.  Mike White is better then Wilson.  But he is fragile ala Rob Johnson.  Skinny QB's don't last even in today's NFL.  

Yes, but you have to have some ability that can be developed. Josh Allen had monster athleticism. What does Zach Wilson have?

• Like (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, 97bills said:

They tried to trade up in 2004 for Big Ben but Jax I believe wouldn't budge.

20 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

Yeah, I still think he's got a real chance. Not a great chance, but still a chance.

It was a mistake that he left Brigham Young for the 2021 draft. He would have benefitted from one more season in college.

I know his draft stock was high, and he was set to make millions, and I'm sure that was why he declared.

He does have talent, and if he really wants this, he needs to change himself and get with the right program.

as someone else pointed out, they really just need a game manager with their roster.  1 stud rookie WR, another stud rookie RB, good defense.  They could get a FA QB game manager and draft one with their first if someone is there who they like, if not, (hopefully they do and reach), they could take another good 1st round player.  They are not that far off from playoff contention.  

2 hours ago, Paup 1995MVP said:

He was way overdrafted to begin with.  The kid wasn't great in the slightest at BYU.  And the Jets took him with the second pick. 

Josh Allen wasn't great at Wyoming in the slightest either.    Players are picked on potential. 

I didn't think Wilson was an elite prospect but you gotta' take chances at QB.

The Jets otherwise talented roster is proof that you can literally waste two top 3 overall picks on QB's in a 4 year span and still stockpile talent.

The most overrated personnel chip in football is a #1 pick NOT used on a QB.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.