Packers @ Dolphins

T&C

1 hour ago, 1st&ten said:

Yeah, those guys have always been closet Bills haters. I could care less what they think---We just need to win the AFC east & move on.

As a Bills Fan, I always assume people are closet haters until proven otherwise. 

This segment did not age well though. No one cared the Dolphins were playing losing teams, turns out it mattered.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, CincyBillsFan said:

My goodness these guys actually get paid for their NFL opinions!  As I look at the standings the Bills have a FOUR GAME LEAD in the division which they locked up Saturday.  FOUR FREAKING GAMES.  That is domination. 

Click bate.  They need viewers 

50 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Some sensible posters, and some absolute gems in this thread!

“We're the better team with the better coach and the better WRs and the better QB. Said it all season and offseason too. Bills are very lucky and I'm not sure how they've won 11 games but then the vikings win every week and they're average so go figure”

“I would put money on 3-0 to finish”

Debating which QB is better:
“One (Josh Allen) is a superior RB on a Cam Newton trajectory one (Tua) is going to have a long illustrious career as a top 10 QB - you choose”

and just now:

”WELCOME TO MIAMI SEAN PAYTON AND LAMAR JACKSON! GET THIS BUM OFF MY TEAM!”

hahahahaha

My favorite reply:

"We got a pick on a push off and prevented another TD with an uncalled PI.

the whining about officials is out of control

How about our QB throws to his own team or puts together a drive that doesn’t require one big play"

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NyQuil said:

My favorite reply:

"We got a pick on a push off and prevented another TD with an uncalled PI.

the whining about officials is out of control

How about our QB throws to his own team or puts together a drive that doesn’t require one big play"

Wait, are Fish fans finally coming to their senses??

Edited by Playoffs?

1 hour ago, NUT said:

Anyone really. Division games are just different.

If you truly want to believe that, the bills are a Super Bowl contender, you should not be afraid of them playing anybody

55 minutes ago, arcane said:

Has @FilthyBeast come forward and owned how bad his takes were yet? He put them in every thread for months it seemed. Constant backhanded comments towards the bills, insinuations that Miami is some juggernaut. 

Certain posters will be back whenever they have let things die down a little bit

• Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Toledo Bill said:

If you listen to Johnston you would never know the Dolphins have lost 6 games.

Dredging this one up from early in the thread.  Even though he grew up outside Buffalo and played at Syracuse, I never liked or trusted DJ, not because he played for the Cowboys, but because he once admitted he grew up a Dolphins fan.  In Buffalo.  After that he was dead to me. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Playoffs? said:

“We're the better team with the better coach and the better WRs and the better QB. Said it all season and offseason too. Bills are very lucky and I'm not sure how they've won 11 games but then the vikings win every week and they're average so go figure”

“One (Josh Allen) is a superior RB on a Cam Newton trajectory one (Tua) is going to have a long illustrious career as a top 10 QB - you choose”

and just now:

hahahahaha

Huh? Both of those takes by phin fans are terrible! Lamar would make them

worse, and Allen, who IMO needs to learn to slide more, is definitely a great passer who can run as well. 

mind you there is no reason why that O fell

off such a cliff like it has. Seems their old coach was right about Tua being meh. 

2 hours ago, Playoffs? said:

and just now:

hahahahaha

Quite a few of the Miami fans responding to this politely told the OP he was wrong, and that Buffalo is the better team.

3 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

My goodness these guys actually get paid for their NFL opinions!  As I look at the standings the Bills have a FOUR GAME LEAD in the division which they locked up Saturday.  FOUR FREAKING GAMES.  That is domination. 

At the time of this broadcast, the Bills were in their mini-slump, and the Dolphins were at the top of their game.  The mistake two of these announcers made was to assume that the performances they had seen the last couple of weeks, was locked in to persist through the entire season.  Turns out the Bills have been crunching out wins every week, while the Dolphins have gone into their traditional December collapse.  Note that none of the announcers said it was unlikely that the Bills would get it together, but they were all in luv with the Dolphins.  Luv as in man-crush, as opposed to love as in true hearts finding an enduring relationship.

1 minute ago, Playoffs? said:

Yep, see my comment about some sensible posts.  Those select posts are not the majority. 

There are 36 pages of comments and I haven't read them all.  When I find your post, I'm sure I'll agree with it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, pigpen65 said:

Yep. Tua and Mac are the best kind of QB's to have in the division. Just good enough to keep inept management from committing to a replacement but never good enough to be an actual threat. Wilson, unfortunately, was so bad the Jets will actually upgrade. 

Interestingly, White has been so close to good that the Jets might NOT upgrade.  Which would also be a colossal mistake.  It sure is fun having Josh on the team and watching the other teams flounder.  

39 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Huh? Both of those takes by phin fans are terrible! Lamar would make them

worse, and Allen, who IMO needs to learn to slide more, is definitely a great passer who can run as well. 

mind you there is no reason why that O fell

off such a cliff like it has. Seems their old coach was right about Tua being meh. 

Tua has skills but no balls.  He is fine when there's no pressure, or when the Dolphins are up and when his two great receivers are shredding defenses.  He is terrible when there's a close game on the line and the other team's defense pressures the receivers and him.  He's the anti-Brady.  Well that sounds like Brady doesn't have skills, and I am not suggesting that at all.  But Brady is a genius at pulling the fat from the fire, find a way to win when the chips are down.  Tua just pushes the chips off the table and onto the floor.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Utah John said:

Interestingly, White has been so close to good that the Jets might NOT upgrade.  Which would also be a colossal mistake.  It sure is fun having Josh on the team and watching the other teams flounder.  

Decent QBs are alot of times worse for a franchise than terrible QBs.  The ultimate point would be Derek carr, hes always been just good with little splashes of great plays. Just good enough your franchise holds on just hoping for that next step, but it never happens.

41 minutes ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Decent QBs are alot of times worse for a franchise than terrible QBs.  The ultimate point would be Derek carr, hes always been just good with little splashes of great plays. Just good enough your franchise holds on just hoping for that next step, but it never happens.

And it keeps you drafting in that 12-16 range.  If you have a first round pick, that is. 🤣

11 hours ago, Utah John said:

At the time of this broadcast, the Bills were in their mini-slump, and the Dolphins were at the top of their game.  The mistake two of these announcers made was to assume that the performances they had seen the last couple of weeks, was locked in to persist through the entire season.  Turns out the Bills have been crunching out wins every week, while the Dolphins have gone into their traditional December collapse.  Note that none of the announcers said it was unlikely that the Bills would get it together, but they were all in luv with the Dolphins.  Luv as in man-crush, as opposed to love as in true hearts finding an enduring relationship.

Hey I get FANS saying this.  If I was a Jet or Finn fan (God forbid) I would have been pounding my chest at that time.  But they pay these guys to share their "expertise" with us.  They came across as serious in their opinions as opposed to a Nick Wright whose just stirring the pot. 

9 hours ago, Norcalbillsfan said:

Carr had his career year about four years ago, when the Raiders were simply dominant.  That was their year.  Then Carr got injured late in the year (broken leg, I believe) and they washed out of the playoffs.  They never got back near that level.  

If anything, memories of that year are what's holding the Raiders back.  They still imagine Carr is the same guy he was before the injury, and that all will be well as long as they address other needs.  Well, no, Carr sucks now, and the Raiders are doomed if he's their guy.

• Like (+1) 1

I see this Dolphins season as being the most predicable thing ever...I can't understand how so many people nationally got it wrong...

The style of Offense that HAS to be run if Tua is your QB will always be limited. He has proven this year that he's far more accurate when you build a system around his strengths...and that includes giving him two of the speediest/best WR's in football...But even with that, he was always going to be limited. He has an average arm, maybe even a little below average, and he's a smaller QB with limited athletic ability...He threw a lot of 50/50 balls this year that went his way because his WR's, and sometimes the opposing DB's, bailed him out. But those things have a way of evening out...Which probably explains yesterday a bit more. Is there a Bills fan anywhere who believes the fish would have one that 1st game if it was not played in Hades (at least on the field and on the Bills sideline)? The Dolphins had some very favorable luck and scheduling before this losing streak...

I really don't want to drag the fish too much because they are capable of beating most NFL teams if they play their A+ game on both sides...But that's not going to happen much. And because I think I had a very good handle on who they would be this year, I hate to break it to fish fans, but next year opposing teams will adjust to take even more away...That's the most likely scenario...😎

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.