Bills open as 1.5 point favorites against Bengals(O/U 49)

Big Turk

I'm still not 100% sure we've seen the full Bills yet. Someone else posted a few weeks ago about how we might be keeping our powder dry for the playoffs. I do wonder. And this might as well be a playoff game considering how important it is. Not using Diggs today makes me even more suspicious we've got a whole bunch of ideas we've not shown and have no desire to show yet. But i could just be dreaming. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, cd1 said:

At some point SOON the Bills are going to NEED Josh Allen to get his head back in the game.

It is ridiculous to think the Bills will just coast to a Super Bowl Win just because we have Josh Allen on out team.

These errant throws over the heads of receivers or ending in interceptions are going bite the Bills in the ass when facing more formidable opponents.

Ughh you’ve been watching much lately? Today was his first int since the Detroit game and he had thrown a whopping 1 ints in 5 games before this. Mahomes, for instance, had thrown 4 INTs in the same timeframe. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Turbo44 said:

Ughh you’ve been watching much lately? Today was his first int since the Detroit game and he had thrown a whopping 1 ints in 5 games before this. Mahomes, for instance, had thrown 4 INTs in the same timeframe. 

Mahomes threw 0 INTs today but his team scored 24 points.  Allen threw 2 and the Bills scored 35...28 even without the late TD. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, LondonBill said:

I'm still not 100% sure we've seen the full Bills yet. Someone else posted a few weeks ago about how we might be keeping our powder dry for the playoffs. I do wonder. And this might as well be a playoff game considering how important it is. Not using Diggs today makes me even more suspicious we've got a whole bunch of ideas we've not shown and have no desire to show yet. But i could just be dreaming. 

The Bills seem to be so good that even their C+ game is good enough to beat most teams and even on the off chance they make too many bonehead plays it takes the other team almost everything they got to beat the Bills by 3 points or less on the last play of the game.

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The Bills seem to be so good that even their C+ game is good enough to beat most teams and even on the off chance they make too many bonehead plays it takes the other team almost everything they got to beat the Bills by 3 points or less on the last play of the game.

I honestly can't work out how good we are. It's really difficult - and I've watched every game except miami at home/ 

I look at the 49ers team and think 'we're not *that* good are we?' then i look at the records and, yeah, we must be better. I look at the fixture list and it confirms that we can't be faking it. 

I have absolutely no expectations of reaching let alone winning the SB. But in thinking that, I'm under-rating us. 

We are the strangest, most enigmatic side I've ever watched. 

• Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Mahomes threw 0 INTs today but his team scored 24 points.  Allen threw 2 and the Bills scored 35...28 even without the late TD. 

If this team plays a complete game in all three phases they would just bury an opponent.

We would see the backup QB playing out the end of games.

They do have that capability. The offense can be explosive, the defense can pitch a shutout, and the special teams can be solid.

Just have not had all those clicking at the same time, but when one area is struggling we have seen another area pick it up this year to get the "W".

1 minute ago, WideNine said:

If this team plays a complete game in all three phases they would just bury an opponent.

We would see the backup QB playing out the end of games.

They do have that capability. The offense can be explosive, the defense can pitch a shutout, and the special teams can be solid.

Just have not had all those clicking at the same time, but when one area is struggling we have seen another area pick it up this year to get the "W".

Closest was the Tennessee game earlier...which resulted in a 41-7 final with the backups playing most of the 4th.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, FrenchConnection said:

People, the Bengals almost lost to the Pats today. If Stevenson doesn’t fumble, they would have lost. 

That fumble was crap…. Stevenson was stopped at the 5 yd line… pushed back 4 yds by 3 bengals, then ball punched out on the 9 yd line. 

If Stevenson doesn’t fumble that ball is placed on the 5 yd line. So how is it a fumble on the 9 after being pushed back 4 yds?! 

Its forward progress until a fumble happens?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

Josh will need to play better next week but the Bengals are beatable. They have sloppy games just like we do. 

3 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

That fumble was crap…. Stevenson was stopped at the 5 yd line… pushed back 4 yds by 3 bengals, then ball punched out on the 9 yd line. 

If Stevenson doesn’t fumble that ball is placed on the 5 yd line. So how is it a fumble on the 9 after being pushed back 4 yds?! 

Its forward progress until a fumble happens?

I agree. The whistle should have blown. Said it in the thread. His progress was stopped and was being pushed backwards. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.