Snowballs - fair game if aimed at Dolphins bench?

Clark Rotary

I thought that snowballs aimed at the Dolphins bench were fair game because the Dolphins sat our team in the  roasting sun in the game earlier in the year.  The whole thing has a nice Heat Miser Cold Miser dynamic that seems fair to me.  But I didn't see too much of the quid pro quo aspect mentioned in the media - did I miss it?  Just to be transparent I was reprimanded a few times by  authority types about my snowball throwing in 4th and 5th grade but have been clean for the last 50+ years - I always thought that was about average for growing up in Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Vomit 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 13
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Dislike 10

I was just about to start a "snowballs" thread - but more to just express how friggin' embarrassing that was on national TV.  We're not Philly.

I know it was Saturday & fans were drinking, but that was just dopey behavior.  We were lucky to not get a penalty.

• Like (+1) 12
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 30
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 7
  • Dislike 1

If you think that throwing snowballs at the Dolphins bench is okay because of what happened in Miami(or any other reason for that matter), you are under the age of 16, or your elevator does not go all the way to the top, which is a polite way of me saying….you are an idiot. 

• Like (+1) 17
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 12
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 6
  • Dislike 2

You mean ‘ice balls,’ as McDaniel and the media called them?  

I don’t condone anyone throwing snowballs at someone with intent to injure… but why is it completely ignored that Dolphins fans were also throwing snowballs??  Our players were getting targeted too.. and not by our fans. 

I firmly believe that ANY fans in ANY stadium would have been doing the exact same thing throughout the course of the game if the situation presented itself. This is NOT a Buffalo thing.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 6
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Success said:

I was just about to start a "snowballs" thread - but more to just express how friggin' embarrassing that was on national TV.  We're not Philly.

I know it was Saturday & fans were drinking, but that was just dopey behavior.  We were lucky to not get a penalty.

…drinking is not an excuse for bad behavior. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

Again, not condoning our fans throwing at Dolphins…. But I had friends and family at the game… and confirmed that plenty of snowballs being launched by people wearing teal and orange. 

So here’s a question, if a Dolphins fan (wearing neutral colors) threw a snowball from the bleachers, and it hit someone, should the Bills have received a penalty?

• Like (+1) 6

Just now, Playoffs? said:

Again, not condoning our fans throwing at Dolphins…. But I had friends and family at the game… and confirmed that plenty of snowballs being launched by people wearing teal and orange. 

So here’s a question, if a Dolphins fan (wearing neutral colors) threw a snowball from the bleachers, and it hit someone, should the Bills have received a penalty?

It's a good question - and I was thinking about that after the refs said they'd give a penalty.  That announcement basically invited Fins fans to give Miami an advantage by throwing snowballs.  I did notice that after the PF against Allen on the sideline, the players got pelted, and the refs didn't follow through on the warning - so maybe they realized that also.

• Like (+1) 6

I mean, everybody is focused on Miami making their opponents play with heat stroke, but let's keep in mind that this is the same team that put a concussed player right back on the field when he could barely stand upright.  They don't give a ---- about player safety.  Screw 'em.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Total, bush league, and a pathetic act to throw snowballs at anytime during the game. Hopefully, anybody who was caught throwing one by stadium staff should have been tossed out immediately.

Ironically, after they stopped the game and berated fans for acting like teenagers, it looked like fans were then just throwing them at each other, in the stands. The latter was really more dangerous, as most fans are not wearing helmets in the stands, and taking one to the eye or the side of the head could be very bad.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

21 minutes ago, Success said:

Agree. Makes Buffalo fans look like drunken trash. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I was fine with everyone throwing snow into the air to celebrate Touchdowns, it looked great.

I thought the people throwing snowballs onto the field and at the Dolphins bench made our fanbase look like immature idiots.

Maybe it's just me but I cant  fathom having enough money to waste on a 300 ticket to the game just to be thrown out for not being able to contain myself because there was snow near me.

Edited by thenorthremembers
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

23 minutes ago, Success said:

I wasnt embarrassed & neither were most of other Bills fans. I recieved from multiple texts from fans of other teams saying how awesome Bills fans are. This was a proud moment for us, dont ruin it.

Edited by uticaclub
  • Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

I don’t condone anyone throwing snowballs at someone with intent to injure… but why is it completely ignored that Dolphins fans were also throwing snowballs??  Our players were getting targeted too.. and not by our fans. 

I firmly believe that ANY fans in ANY stadium would have been doing the exact same thing throughout the course of the game if the situation presented itself. This is NOT a Buffalo thing.

I'm sorry, but when I see McDaniel, the last thing that comes to mind for me is "HC". I'm thinking, what ???

Edited by Spiderweb
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Because 95% of the people at the game are Bills fans. You’re right, this is not just a Bills mafia thing, this would definitely happen at any stadium, but it’s still embarrassing. I heard them say on the radio this morning that there were ice balls found on the field and they were also finding beer caps in the snow balls. Don’t know if that’s true as that’s the first I heard it, but it wouldn’t surprise me

Edited by Ya Digg?
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.