Cody Ford: Dumpster Fire

Snappysnackcakes

1 minute ago, Doc Brown said:

It's only been five starts but this is his lowest graded season thus far by pff.  We pry win the trade but it will always be a huge whiff of a second round pick.

I’ll never forget sitting in the stands near the stage at the draft in Nashville amd the Bills are on the clock. I’m sitting next to @Mark Vader and we’re the guys getting shown on the draft coverage. I’m yelling DK, DK, DK and we go Ford. Had to act happy for the camera. Was pissed. Still am

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

7 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

I’ll never forget sitting in the stands near the stage at the draft in Nashville amd the Bills are on the clock. I’m sitting next to @Mark Vader and we’re the guys getting shown on the draft coverage. I’m yelling DK, DK, DK and we go Ford. Had to act happy for the camera. Was pissed. Still am

DK Metcalf and AJ Brown were both on the board, but I too wanted DK. Some here wanted him with the Oliver pick. Couldn’t believe he had made it to our pick in the 2nd round only for the wizard to screw it up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

Big miss by all GM's on DK when the analytics showed he graded out pretty much exactly the same as Julio Jones. An absolute physical specimen of pure athleticism. A total no brainer and instead the Bills traded UP for a T that was too slow for the position and was expected to need to move to G at the pro level. But I love when fans say we aren't allowed to criticize the picks because the scouts know more than we do

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Jamie Nails said:

Do we trade for Diggs the next year if we already have DK?  Who knows what the long term ramifications would've been?

• Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Do we trade for Diggs the next year if we already have DK?

So we get DK AND Justin Jefferson? 

You're right ... senseless to go through all the counterfactuals. On the "Cody Ford was a big miss" thing? Well, that one's easy. I posted his PFF scores on the MNF thread - truly astonishingly awful, and still trending down somehow. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I still think it was like 3 straight years where Ford came into training camp as the starting guard. So yeah, it was good that Beane traded him and was able to actually get something for him, but it's not like it was proactive. Beane's acceptance of Cody Ford's complete sucktitude was a very long and slow process. 

• Like (+1) 1

Beane is an excellent drafter, except when it comes to linemen.  On the O line, Spencer Brown might turn out to be good but he's still more of a liability.  Cody Ford was a complete miss.  Beane did get Wyatt Teller, but then let him go to hold on to Quinton Spain. 

As for the D line, he got Groot but considering how much draft capital he spent on D linemen this is like a blind squirrel finding a nut.  Oliver is improving to the point where he's a good solid B or B+ player.  Epenesa and Basham are C level players. 

It's understandable that Beane has shied away from drafting O linemen, considering his track record, but the Bills really need to invest in this area. 

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.