BROCK PURDY: for real or fools gold ?

Italian Bills

29 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Allen hides a lot of warts on the O line with his legs.. I’m asking.. is your line as bad as the Pats?

I don’t watch enough patriot football in detail to know.  Just like you don’t watch enough bills football in detail to know that Mccaffery would make our offense top 5 all time.  

• Like (+1) 1

56 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I don’t watch enough patriot football in detail to know.  Just like you don’t watch enough bills football in detail to know that Mccaffery would make our offense top 5 all time.  

CMC IMO just that special of a talent on O. If nothing else would give Allen another reliable receiver.

19 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

CMC IMO just that special of a talent on O. If nothing else would give Allen another reliable receiver.

Don’t get me wrong, he’d be phenomenal in our backfield…..but top 5 offenses ever….. with Ken Dorsey calling plays, Mckenzie in the slot, Gabe David WR2-  Saffold, Spencer brown and Ryan bates starting in the OL? Cmac is special.  Josh is even better.  But there are too many holes that can’t be covered up by a RB in order to make this O top ever.  Not even close

• Like (+1) 1

Their D looks pretty impressive.  With a conservative game manager type QB they could go deep into the playoffs.  He's looked like more than just a game manager the first 2 games.   A big question for me will be if they get into the playoffs, will he wilt under the pressure of it all, or keep playing with the confidence he's been showing?

On 12/12/2022 at 3:39 PM, FrenchConnection said:

The Shanahan system makes things easy for a QB. It’s the same reason that Tua is so much better this year. They just get the ball to playmakers in space and let them do the work. In fact, the Deebo injury will be more impactful than the Garoppolo injury.

Yes, this is the opposite of the Bills offensive system, where veteran and rookie receivers can’t just be plugged in because it’s too complicated.

On 12/13/2022 at 6:46 AM, Steptide said:

Didn't the 9ers start a backup a qb a few years back who had like 3 or 4 really good games and then collapsed? Can't remember his name off the top of my head. 9ers have a really good team though. Mcafrey is a stud. Purdy doesn't have to be as good when you have playmakers like that 

there are dozens of recent examples. A few from the niners. Are you thinking of Colin kaepernick?

29 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

Yes, this is the opposite of the Bills offensive system, where veteran and rookie receivers can’t just be plugged in because it’s too complicated.

unfortunately, it ends with needing to pay a lot of elite play makers PLUS a mediocre qb getting the biggest pay check of all- making it hard long term. 

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

there are dozens of recent examples. A few from the niners. Are you thinking of Colin kaepernick?

unfortunately, it ends with needing to pay a lot of elite play makers PLUS a mediocre qb getting the biggest pay check of all- making it hard long term. 

No, I was thinking of nick Mullens 

• Like (+1) 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ok… maybe it could seem exaggerated, but i really hate Brock Purdy. 

I hate the fact that people talk about him like the next Tom Brady. 

Will this Purdy circus-bandwagon end soon or will i have to tolerate this long time ? 

Can’t stand his fake-baby face any longer… and his raucous voice while at the snap count. 

4 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Ok… maybe it could seem exaggerated, but i really hate Brock Purdy. 

I hate the fact that people talk about him like the next Tom Brady. 

Will this Purdy circus-bandwagon end soon or will i have to tolerate this long time ? 

Can’t stand his fake-baby face any longer… and his raucous voice while at the snap count. 

I’m with ya. But look at the guys supporting cast… McCaffrey, Debo, kittle, gimme a break I can QB that team. I’m sick of the Brock love too

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.