Expecting a return to form for Allen this week.

ChicagoRic

It's been a tough 6 weeks since the bye.

3 games in a row with 2 INTS

The elbow injury

Limited practice time due to said injury, team flu, and the weather.

A Detroit "home" game

Amazing that the Bills managed 4-2 during that stretch. 

But now, finally, the mini-bye. Extra time to rest and recover.

Allen is back at home IN BUFFALO for the first time since 10/30, the elbow injury is 5 weeks in the rearview, and the Bills have a loss against a division opponent to avenge. 

Even great QBs have setbacks, but I think (hope?) that this is the week Allen gets his swag back.  300+ yards, 3 passing TD and another one on the ground. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 7
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

The one way I see this happening is if the defense is playing really well. A couple of turnovers and short field? Yeah, I think that's the way Allen can pad the numbers a bit. 

As Golf eluded to, it's more likely to be a grind. 27 pts feels about right to me. As long as the D is playing well, it's a W.

Per Greg Cosell on OBL today, expect the Bills with the benefit of 10 days prep to have some deeper new wrinkles to work out of the 2 back pistol sets from which they mostly ran last week, but could set the table for a lot of effective play action.

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChicagoRic said:

It's been a tough 6 weeks since the bye.

3 games in a row with 2 INTS

The elbow injury

Limited practice time due to said injury, team flu, and the weather.

A Detroit "home" game

Amazing that the Bills managed 4-2 during that stretch. 

But now, finally, the mini-bye. Extra time to rest and recover.

Allen is back at home IN BUFFALO for the first time since 10/30, the elbow injury is 5 weeks in the rearview, and the Bills have a loss against a division opponent to avenge. 

Even great QBs have setbacks, but I think (hope?) that this is the week Allen gets his swag back.  300+ yards, 3 passing TD and another one on the ground. 

I agree totally.  He crushes it this week and has that Allen swag going.  

the team on D is more back to form and as long as we don’t beat ourselves this game isn’t ever really close.  

Go Bills!

2 hours ago, Process said:

Rain/snow mix has to be pretty bad for the passing game. I doubt Allen has a monster game but I think he'll have a significantly better day than Mike White.

Rain especially is proven to impact the passing game.  Even light rain lowers completion percentage.  Hopefully our D can capitalize more than the Jets… 

38 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Then just line up Diggs on the right side or in the slot.  Sauce doesn’t travel.  

Not a bad idea at all actually, but once again, I don’t expect Diggs to put up 150 yds and 1 TD in this matchup.

As another poster eluded to, Dawson Knox may need to step up his game this week and I hope he does, but I think our receivers as a whole need to show up Davis, McKenzie, Shakir collectively.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.