Expecting a return to form for Allen this week.

ChicagoRic

10 hours ago, ChicagoRic said:

It's been a tough 6 weeks since the bye.

3 games in a row with 2 INTS

The elbow injury

Limited practice time due to said injury, team flu, and the weather.

A Detroit "home" game

Amazing that the Bills managed 4-2 during that stretch. 

But now, finally, the mini-bye. Extra time to rest and recover.

Allen is back at home IN BUFFALO for the first time since 10/30, the elbow injury is 5 weeks in the rearview, and the Bills have a loss against a division opponent to avenge. 

Even great QBs have setbacks, but I think (hope?) that this is the week Allen gets his swag back.  300+ yards, 3 passing TD and another one on the ground. 

You make good points Chicago.  I don’t see a 300 game though against that defense.  Those guys are going to try and bracket Diggs again, and place Sauce on Davis.  That may work so we have Cook much improved, Little Dirty, McKenzie needs a big day.  Knox also needs a big day.  His catch accuracy has improved over last year from 69% which is good to 76%, but his target have markedly decreased.

Either Dorsey is not utilizing Knox to his potential, and used primarily as a blocker or safety valve, or there is something we don’t know as to why we’re not getting the most out of him.  I along with all of you have no idea.

This game is critical to take what the defense is giving us, and most likely need to slowly and methodically (as old man fan always says) matriculate the ball down the field.  We do that and there is a chance they are start creeping up d when we don’t expect it, they hit Diggs or Davis down the field.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

Not a bad idea at all actually, but once again, I don’t expect Diggs to put up 150 yds and 1 TD in this matchup.

As another poster eluded to, Dawson Knox may need to step up his game this week and I hope he does, but I think our receivers as a whole need to show up Davis, McKenzie, Shakir collectively.

The Jets have a good CB2 and slot guy as well. This defense is pretty stacked.

• Like (+1) 1

I thought he was exceptional vs a top tier Pats D. I'm fine with 22/33 250 and 2 TDs w 0 ints. Should have been better but had 3 -4 drops mixed in. He was effective and took what the D gave him

Rather see the balanced offense w our RBs going for 120 yards than Josh throwing 40-50 times. 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The Jets have real good cornerbacks and the weather will be much less than ideal.   I'm hoping Gabe Davis can cut down on his drops, but I think Buffalo needs to get more production from Knox and Josh also needs to be ready to throw some short passes to his running backs, particularly Cook.  With the right game plan Josh might make 300 yards passing, but I don't that getting big yards for Josh is or should be the goal.

1 hour ago, BigAl2526 said:

The Jets have real good cornerbacks and the weather will be much less than ideal.   I'm hoping Gabe Davis can cut down on his drops, but I think Buffalo needs to get more production from Knox and Josh also needs to be ready to throw some short passes to his running backs, particularly Cook.  With the right game plan Josh might make 300 yards passing, but I don't that getting big yards for Josh is or should be the goal.

I believe their CBs are a little overrated, but agree with everything else that you wrote. Especially the Dawson Knox comment. He needs to be more productive. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.